• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I personally think that this thread should be closed and only reopen if Sherwood gets told Bye Bye.

As for all this Van Gaal, Italian managers, De Boerr talk, should Sherwood not workout in the end then there is only one man that this club should go for....

126654287_klopp_408052c.jpg

But for the time being at least Sherwood is manager and should be talked about as our manager.

Last edited:
^ I would agree at the very least shouldn't it be moved to Transfer Rumours section. Clearly Sherwood is with us at minimum through the end of this season so don't see what relevance this thread has at the moment

^ I would agree at the very least shouldn't it be moved to Transfer Rumours section. Clearly Sherwood is with us at minimum through the end of this season so don't see what relevance this thread has at the moment

We're all discussing who we'd like to replace him with - I don't think there's any rumour element to that.

Oh great! Not for me thanks.

The thought of another foreign coach, with new ideas, playing a new strategy, with another rake of signings and ANOTHER season of transition is about as attractive a thought as downing a pint of puke!

This has less and less relevance as each season passes.
And even if it did, what real difference would it be if the word 'foreign' were to be replaced with English?

It's more about how much change a new guy would bring regardless of the country of their birth.
How much innovation could be injected and how much upheaval would be wrought

Does Prandelli play attacking football ????

Some Gooner associates of mine are apparently really bricking it about the idea of us getting Prandelli as our new manager. One said that he was 'like Wenger when Wenger was good.'

Apparently he plays good attacking football and changed the way the Italian national team from a very defensive one to a much more attacking team; the team that beat England at the last Euros as well as the much-fancied Germany - with good attacking football (unlike Italy's usually boring defensive methods).

Apparently this Gooner (who also follows the Italian league closely) has vision and is a shrewd tactician. When he managed Fiorentina before managing Italy he was apparently voted Serie A coach of the year in one of his seasons with them.

Just passing on what was said to me today. I don't know myself, apart from the fact that Italy were indeed more attacking and better to watch than they traditionally are after he took over

Prandelli
Van Gaal
De Boer

When was the last time we were linked with such a high calibre of manager? It is making me quite worried that we'll end up with someone a bit crap after all these rumours.

Does Prandelli play attacking football ????

not sure about club football but i had only good things to say about a less than stellar italy squad at the 2012 euro games.

somewhere in between redknapp and avb for a quick reference in terms of pace/comtrol, emphasis on passing and open play.
good tactically and has always been able to manage a then volatile balotelli

Last edited:
If there truly is weight to this then it is highly encouraging that Levy is considering these two and that they are seriously considering us.

Really hard to know what the effect of all this talk of certain managers taking over next summer will have on the squad and the results.

On one hand it's unfair to have TS almost feel he's onto a loser no matter what; on the other hand perhaps this might just motivate him to put even more work into making sure he gets himself and this squad to overachieve to make it impossible for Levy to sack him (or at least advertise his skills both on the football management side and in working well in an even more pressurised environment than normal if he is indeed replaced anyway; he'll probably have quite a few suitors).

Also, the squad if they see all the speculation as a bit of a liberty may play even more for him to give him the best chance of staying.

I wonder if the speculation is down to certain sections of the board purposely leaking the information about managers like Van Gaal and Prandelli being ion the radar to keep TS on his toes...interesting times nonetheless...

I personally think that this thread should be closed and only reopen if Sherwood gets told Bye Bye.

As for all this Van Gaal, Italian managers, De Boerr talk, should Sherwood not workout in the end then there is only one man that this club should go for....

126654287_klopp_408052c.jpg

But for the time being at least Sherwood is manager and should be talked about as our manager.

gordon-freeman-half-life.jpg

Really hard to know what the effect of all this talk of certain managers taking over next summer will have on the squad and the results.

On one hand it's unfair to have TS almost feel he's onto a loser no matter what; on the other hand perhaps this might just motivate him to put even more work into making sure he gets himself and this squad to overachieve to make it impossible for Levy to sack him (or at least advertise his skills both on the football management side and in working well in an even more pressurised environment than normal if he is indeed replaced anyway; he'll probably have quite a few suitors).

Also, the squad if they see all the speculation as a bit of a liberty may play even more for him to give him the best chance of staying.

I wonder if the speculation is down to certain sections of the board purposely leaking the information about managers like Van Gaal and Prandelli being ion the radar to keep TS on his toes...interesting times nonetheless...

I thinks it's leaked by people who stand to gain from us being distracted and put off our stride in the league.

I thinks it's leaked by people who stand to gain from us being distracted and put off our stride in the league.

I think that it is mainly motivated by websites and newspapers knowing that this is an easy story to drive traffic/sales.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a thread being available for us to comment upon the numerous managers/coaches being linked with our club. In fact it would be require the average fan to be completely oblivious to the world outside the club. Perhaps re-naming the thread to something like "Managers linked with us" would be better for those who don't like this thread, after all we are only discussing the implications of our club hiring any one of these managers.

Back on subject...

The Prandelli links all came out of Italy last week via a couple of papers. As I said previously it could be his agent just talking up his client (we see it all the time with player's agents using our name to drum up business) or it could be the fact that the media are making a lot out of the Baldini link. It would though be very Spurs like to see us linked with one person only for us use that speculation as a smoke screen in order to go about our business without any interruption.

The most interesting thing though is that the reports claim that "he will take over" and not anything like "discussions have been held" or "there has been contact between the two parties". They are saying it's done and dusted and that we will see him in the Spurs dug out next season. Journalist's don't usually tend to be so definitive with these things, they often leave articles open to guess work by the readers. This would imply a source either very close to the club or very close to Prandelli being the leak.

The other thing is that we have yet to here a peep from Prandelli's people. Normally by now I would expect there to be a couple of quotes out there from the man or one of his people either saying that they do not wish to comment or denying or confirming the move. Could this mean that his camp have been told to say nothing in order to allow TS to do his job (for the betterment of the club)?

Was a small bit on Hawksby & Jacobs today, they had their Italian correspondent on (name escapes me).
He reckoned Prandelli is a done deal!
The Chelsea one (Jacobs) said that if TS gets top 4, surely they stick with TS. The journo comments that people can win cups and titles, yet still get wacked.
Nothing substantial, but didn't see it posted elsewhere.

the positive reports on this guy do have me intrigued.

you'd have to think that what with it all being quite open in the media that Sherwood must be party to the info, i wonder what the chances are of him staying on as an understudy of sorts would be? (should it happen)

don't really know much about him, where has he managed at club level and to what kind of success?

in 2004 Baldini hired Prandelli at Roma, so id say he the one is pushing to bring Prandelli to Spurs this summer. Who knows what is happening, it could be that Baldini wants Prandelli, Levy wants LVG, someone else on the board is mightily impressed with FdB, another would prefer to go with Sherwood .............

in 2004 Baldini hired Prandelli at Roma, so id say he the one is pushing to bring Prandelli to Spurs this summer. Who knows what is happening, it could be that Baldini wants Prandelli, Levy wants LVG, someone else on the board is mightily impressed with FdB, another would prefer to go with Sherwood .............

it would be pretty disappointing if we took such a scattergun approach to appointing such a key position. I am sure that there are different ideas over who would be the best person amongst the decision makers at the club but they collectively need to come to a decision and work together to make it happen.

I doubt we are taking such a scattergun approach. As I said in an earlier post I think the leaks from LVG helped us because they all focussed on him whilst we maybe went after Prandelli.

The media are the ones making up all the stories etc not the Spurs board so I think we will just have to wait and see. It's interesting though how LVG today distanced himself from us by saying "any club in the EPL". Now he is either aware that we won't be going for him because we haven't been in touch for a while and wants to put himself on the market or he is just having fun with the journalists. The Prandelli rumours aren't going away which would lead me to believe the former.

Back