• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A question for people who would like Sherwood replaced with a more experienced coach in the summer. Would you be happy for him to stay on in some capacity and do you see a future for him as a manager?

A question for people who would like Sherwood replaced with a more experienced coach in the summer. Would you be happy for him to stay on in some capacity and do you see a future for him as a manager?

No. But I would like that happen with Freund.

Timmeh will be better going off putting some time in with someone like Blackburn or England.

Sherwood will have a few clubs after his signature IF we relieve him of the first team job this summer. I doubt after this season he will want to carry on working as someone's assistant so he will either leave us or go back to the U21. Personally I feel that even though he has said how he enjoys working with the youth teams, he won't go back, the man has the management bug now and I think he wants the job.

One thing though is that he will be dedicated to the job if we keep him on. I don't think he would leave us if we showed him some loyalty. I'd like him to stay on, but I can't see it happening.

i don't think it would be possible to replace him and keep him, it would undermine him massively, he's the guy now, if Levy thinks otherwise he has to sack him

whatever happens here he obviously wants to be a manager and due to his playing career and work with our dev squad he will be offered a chance elsewhere

If TS wasn't kept on, given the choice, would people prefer to have LVG or Prandelli as Head Coach? And Why?

Can you imagine what would happen if one of those super coaches came in and ended up being worse then Sherwood, that would be some seriously ****ing funy ****.

Some on here would end up killing themselves though i think.

GB, once again you are not endearing yourself because of the stupid way you are presenting your case. I also feel that Sherwood is not what Spurs need, no experience and needing several years to find his feet. I expect him to be gone in the summer. Until then he is spurs manager and his success coincides with our club's so stop acting like a ****ing macaronic tool!

This has shades of the ridiculousness you spouted 6 years ago when you were certain that Redknapp would relegate us. Sadly it appears you still haven't grown up!

Interesting read - http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...manager-tottenham-have-been-looking-all-along

Why Cesare Prandelli is the manager Tottenham have been looking for all along
22 hours ago
Adam Digby's picture

Adam Digby
Topics
Tottenham Hotspur, Cesare Prandelli, Harry Redknapp, Martin Jol, Juande Ramos, Glenn Hoddle, Andre Villas-Boas, Tim Sherwood, Italy, Serie A, Premier League
SHARES
Share0 Tweet13 Share0 Share0
comments

Adam Digby on the man Spurs could appoint to displace Tim Sherwood at the end of the season...

The strategy behind Tottenham’s managerial appointments since the start of the Daniel Levy era is something of a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde plotline. Almost without exception, the Spurs chairman has gone from employing an insightful, studious thinker, to then replacing him with a member of what must politely be described as English football’s ‘old school’.

His first appointment saw Glenn Hoddle return to the club, who was then replaced by David Pleat. Then a whole new team – sporting director Frank Arnesen, manager Jacques Santini and assistant Martin Jol – were given free reign, only for Frenchman Santini to be gone by November. Jol stepped up before Juande Ramos took over and delivered the 2008 League Cup, the club’s most recent trophy.

Famously, Tottenham were bottom of the league the following campaign when Harry Redknapp arrived to rescue them and banish the club's continental feel. Sporting director Damien Comolli had replaced Arnesen, but he too would be sacked as the former West Ham manager was given complete control of transfers.

After brief flirtation with the Champions League and countless transfers, Redknapp was replaced by Andre Villas-Boas, as Levy once again demonstrated a complete reversal of opinion. Narrowly missing out on a return to Europe's elite continental competition, Spurs sold Gareth Bale and invested millions in new players for the Portuguese, only to then sack him and hand the job to another former player in Tim Sherwood.

Jacques Santini, Martin Jol, Juande Ramos, Harry Redknapp, Andre Villas-Boas
The eclectic five: Santini, Jol, Ramos, Redknapp and AVB

Hail Cesare

You can’t have your cake and eat it, so we have long been told, but if the latest reports are true, Franco Baldini and Levy might be about to disprove the old idiom. Cesare Prandelli has been linked with the White Hart Lane job and speculation is increasing that the current Italy coach will arrive after the World Cup.

Initially it seems the 56-year-old is just a continuation of the pattern; yet another European tactician taking over from an Englishman as Tottenham lurch from one ideology to another. The truth, however, is very different, and the Azzurri chief could provide the club with the best of both worlds. His CV is as easily as impressive as those of Santini, Ramos and Villas-Boas, but there is also far more to Prandelli the man, than the list of his managerial accomplishments.

As a player he built his career carefully, starting out with Cremonese and then Atalanta, before arriving at Juventus as a reserve behind the great Michel Platini. He retired after 323 matches and began again, learning his managerial craft with the youth sector at Atalanta before moving on, first to Lecce and then Hellas Verona where he first came to the attention of a wider audience.

Lifting the Gialloblu to Serie A, he earned his chance at Parma and crafted a young squad which earned qualification to Europe. Next, Roma came calling, seeking a successor to Fabio Capello. Finally at a truly big club, we saw a first glimpse of the man now so greatly admired by almost all football fans on the peninsula. He walked away after just six weeks to take care of his gravely ill wife, Manuela.

That was back in 2004, and a year later he would feel up to working again, taking charge of Fiorentina and transforming the proud Tuscan side. Having endured a tough relegation battle, Prandelli’s Viola would soon be competing in Europa League semi-finals and then the Champions League, becoming regulars in the upper echelons of Serie A.

By the time of Manuela's sad passing in 2008, Prandelli had built an extraordinary bond with the club and its fans, leading to an incredibly emotional minute’s silence shortly after her funeral. He was named Serie A coach of the season in 2008 and would become the longest-serving coach in Fiorentina’s history.

Stevan Jovetic, Cesare Prandelli
Prandelli, pictured with Emirates Marketing Project's Stevan Jovetic, was hugely successful at Fiorentina

Azzurri glory

Then came his chance to lead the national team.

At that point, the Azzurri were at their lowest ebb for many years. The 2010 World Cup was an embarrassing failure, after previous successes had left an ageing squad with its few young players barely tested. If South Africa represented the death knell of the old Italy, Prandelli breathed life into the entire set-up, managing not only to restore faith in the players representing those famous blue shirts, but also to finally get the nation’s fans behind the national team.

Abandoning Italy's stereotypical negative football, he filled the midfield with players who demanded the ball, and built his attack around Mario Balotelli and Giuseppe Rossi. These days Italy attack and enjoy doing so. They reached the final of Euro 2012, just two years after finishing bottom of a World Cup group containing New Zealand, Paraguay and Slovakia. Losing to Spain in the manner they did rightfully drew much praise, but Prandelli’s team are much more than just a collection of fine players.

Instead, they are a shining example of what modern Italy can and should be. He has given them a sense of social responsibility, first by imposing a code of conduct that the players had to respect, and sticking to it firmly when the rules were broken by not selecting Balotelli and Daniele De Rossi. He has taken them to train on pitches seized from the local mafia, and to towns devastated by flooding or earthquakes. Amid the match-fixing scandal, Simone Farina – the one player who stood up and reported the bribery on offer – was invited to spend time with the squad.

Cesare Prandelli, Mario Balotelli
Prandelli has brought the best out of Balotelli for Italy

Prandelli’s rapport with his squad is superb, making each player feel valued, even those like Rossi coping with long-term injuries. He has proven himself able to reach difficult individuals, enjoying a relationship with Balotelli that not even Roberto Mancini could manage, and has been rewarded on the pitch. Super Mario's displays in the Azzurri shirt – particularly against Germany – are far better than anything he has shown at Emirates Marketing Project, or even Milan.

Prandelli is able to connect with players like Jol or Redknapp, while his résumé comfortably rivals that of Santini, Ramos or Villas-Boas, even before heading to Brazil this summer. His career in Italy – where transfers are routinely dealt with by sporting directors, with club presidents known to interfere in team matters – means the influence of Levy or Baldini on transfers or other issues would be nothing out of the ordinary.

In short, he looks like the man Spurs were looking for all along.

SEE ALSO Van Gaal refuses to rule out Spurs switch

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...ve-been-looking-all-along#qKfFEU2rbzMaBkDL.99

Cheers for sharing Luton.

I have to say I don't know much about Prandelli other than what's written in that article, but like that journalist I've been impressed by Italy's resurgence with what seems like a mixed bag of players.

Some excellent options being presented should we choose to replace Sherwood come the summer. Prandelli seems perhaps like a middle way between the very strict and older van Gaal and the perhaps somewhat too young and inexperienced de Boer.

Prandelli has been a manager at 7 different clubs (one caretaker role at Atlanta 93/94) and has never won a trophy.

I literally don't have time for all these 'why so and so should be manager'. I seem to remember AVB being treated as an absolute dead cert for success when he took over the reigns at Chelsea yet look at him now, reputation damaged, good manager no doubt but even I (a huge supporter of his methods during his time at Spurs) have my doubts and tbh I now wouldn't want him back.

The only manager that would have me doing back flips would be Klopp, end of. Van Gaal is a great manager and would be the biggest appointment in the club's history but personally I'm not sure.

We don't get CL then many players and who knows, managers, might just think "Thanks, but no thanks".

Worry about the team right now, where they finish or at least how they finish season.

Prandelli has been a manager at 7 different clubs (one caretaker role at Atlanta 93/94) and has never won a trophy.

I literally don't have time for all these 'why so and so should be manager'. I seem to remember AVB being treated as an absolute dead cert for success when he took over the reigns at Chelsea yet look at him now, reputation damaged, good manager no doubt but even I (a huge supporter of his methods during his time at Spurs) have my doubts and tbh I now wouldn't want him back.

The only manager that would have me doing back flips would be Klopp, end of. Van Gaal is a great manager and would be the biggest appointment in the club's history but personally I'm not sure.

We don't get CL then many players and who knows, managers, might just think "Thanks, but no thanks".

Worry about the team right now, where they finish or at least how they finish season.

Strange thread to join if that's your attitude ;) Rather obvious what the discussion will be.

I would be happy with Klopp, but I would also be happy with Mourinho, Guardiola or Ferguson. Absolutely no chance of getting any of those 4 though. Setting the standard at Klopp for what you'd be happy with is essentially the same as saying no one will make you happy.

i wouldnt rule out Mancini throwing his hat in the ring and im sure Levy would consider him. I seem to remember reading an article where Mancini used to come over and watch English football before he took the Emirates Marketing Project job and he used to watch a lot of Spurs matches too.

From everything I have heard, I think Prandelli is the logical choice for us. The man has been used to taking over teams that aren't achieving all that they should and getting the best from them. The above article posted by Luton tells us he would be fine with our current back room structure and no doubt could cope with our smaller budget. He's also not too old to be looking at us as just a short term job nor too young to be looking at us as another learning experience.

In all honesty though, if any of the three names linked with us join over the summer I wouldn't be upset (well a little because I like TS).

Back