• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i wouldnt rule out Mancini throwing his hat in the ring and im sure Levy would consider him. I seem to remember reading an article where Mancini used to come over and watch English football before he took the Emirates Marketing Project job and he used to watch a lot of Spurs matches too.

That would make me sad...

That would make me sad...

Good heavens, a manager who has won 4 league titles and 5 principal domestic cups in a relatively short career (he's only 4 years older than InterTim).

He wouldn't be anywhere near my first choice, but he's got serious calibre.

Good heavens, a manager who has won 4 league titles and 5 principal domestic cups in a relatively short career (he's only 4 years older than InterTim).

You don't seem to get it. Trophies are not the be all and end all, the manager has to be the right fit for the club.

You don't seem to get it. Trophies are not the be all and end all, the manager has to be the right fit for the club.

But the right fit for us is: will always let you down, soft-centred, weak mentality, rotten core, 2 minor trophies in 23 years, 2 CL qualifications in 59 years

We need someone who isn't a right fit for us - to be ruthless, to make us good rather than just plucky. Someone that won't nestle in comfortably, but who will change everything and make us winners.

But the right fit for us is: will always let you down, soft-centred, weak mentality, rotten core, 2 minor trophies in 23 years, 2 CL qualifications in 59 years

We need someone who isn't a right fit for us - to be ruthless, to make us good rather than just plucky. Someone that won't nestle in comfortably, but who will change everything and make us winners.

I think that you are being intentionally obtuse there

I think that you are being intentionally obtuse there

hey i rarely agree with what GB says, but what he is saying there makes sense for someone who wants to see Spurs become a winning force. I dont want to see Mancini at Spurs but i get what GB is saying about the plucky loser mentality at the club

hey i rarely agree with what GB says, but what he is saying there makes sense for someone who wants to see Spurs become a winning force. I dont want to see Mancini at Spurs but i get what GB is saying about the plucky loser mentality at the club

Winning mentality can't just be measured in medals. When KD was talking about managers who fit the club he wasn't saying that we should choose someone who would roll over.

When it comes to Mancini, I think that he massively under achieved at City considering the resources at his disposal and he was frequently very negative in how he set up the team.

how many of those titles were given to him by default? and how many of the teams he won a title with did not have the standout best squad in the league....essentially how many times did he NOT buy the league in his whole career?

Mancini comes from the continent dont you know. that makes him better than any home grown prospect....or UK one at that....continental coach with a few "i"s in his name , man ...... we are going to hollywood with that

Winning mentality can't just be measured in medals. When KD was talking about managers who fit the club he wasn't saying that we should choose someone who would roll over.

When it comes to Mancini, I think that he massively under achieved at City considering the resources at his disposal and he was frequently very negative in how he set up the team.
Emirates Marketing Project are a club similar to Spurs in being able to consistently snatch defeat from the jaws of victory over the years....they had decades of losing, being completely eclipsed by Utd. Despite all their resources and spending it takes time to change the fabric of a club, the soul, luck and mentality. Pellegrini will struggle, the next manager will struggle to win trophies on a consistent basis.

I dont think Emirates Marketing Project were that negative under Mancini, the football was always of a high technical level, the players were well trained and prepared, he wanted to bring in top attacking players. I definitely prefer the Mancini style of tactics to those of Moyes for example.

The problem I have with Mancini and the reason why i wouldnt want him at Spurs is his confrontational nature and behaving like a big baby when things dont go his way. I think he lacks class from these points of view

how many of those titles were given to him by default? and how many of the teams he won a title with did not have the standout best squad in the league....essentially how many times did he NOT buy the league in his whole career?

to clubs that win titles generally are the ones who spend the a sh!tload of money. 9 times out of 10 thats the case

to clubs that win titles generally are the ones who spend the a sh!tload of money. 9 times out of 10 thats the case

but then how do you use that to determine who is genuinely a good manager / coach. it has to be something else.....

I can understand...reluctantly......that money gets you the squad but then that you have to actually do the task at hand..which in itself is an achievement but we are talking stupid money at Emirates Marketing Project, and i mean astronomically unrepresentative of the norm, league average, or even the norm for teams who DID spend money

then you had his time in italy where he was in charge of a super team in a **** leauge, kind of like AVB with porto

I dont know man, Mancini hasnt actually showed us anything to suggest that he is actually a good candidate.

Speaking of which, how on earth did fulham get Magath?

Won the league with Inter with what was the best team in the league at that point, failed in Europe. Was put in his place by Mourinho who won them the CL (after selling Zlatan!)

Won the league eventually with City by a hair, having the best squad in the league by far. After having previously failed to get ahead of several teams with inferior resources and squads, failed in Europe. Played about 6-7 months of truly top class football with a truly top class squad for years. Seems like Pellegrini is about to put him in his place, has made City look significantly stronger imo.

Edit: I think he's been proven not quite good enough, I would rather see us take a gamble on someone with potential to rise to the challenge. Seems a lot of clubs around Europe think the same as he ended up at Galatasaray...

since when does Levy do things that make the fans happy.

Speaking for myself as one fan, quite often actually.

For the fans in general, not sure. Most polls have been convincingly positive from what I can remember although I'm not sure after the AVB sacking and Sherwood hiring.

Speaking of which, how on earth did fulham get Magath?

He's been out of work for over a year, there don't seem a huge amount of vacancies right now so a well-paid and short-term project probably appealed to him.
Especially as it looks like he's been recruited with the specific remit of playing to his strengths while getting to work in a new prestigious setting.

if i didnt know we were discussing Mancini, this could be a sentence for Mourinho.

Won the league with Inter with what was the best team in the league at that point, failed in Europe. Was put in his place by Mourinho who won them the CL (after selling Zlatan!)

not sure. Most polls have been convincingly positive from what I can remember although I'm not sure after the AVB sacking and Sherwood hiring.

Mourinho exchanged Zlatan for Eto which at the time was a top class exchange, and he also signed Milito.....both Milito and Eto were instrumental in the CL win and significantly improved upon what Mancini had at Inter. Again, Mourinho spending to get success which is a stick Mancini seems to be beaten with

Back