• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, a bit older than that (I've been on GG since its early days in the late 90s)

All European football (all three competitions) use to be on terrestrial tv then, so I use to watch teams like that Red Star Belgrade side with Prosinecki, Mihajlovic, Savicevic, Panchev; and other players around at the time like Boban, Boksic, Suker, Mijatovic, Stoichkov, Hagi. A lot of them ended up in Serie A, which was then broadcast on Channel 4. Romania and Bulgaria national teams did well internationally too (I reckon Yugoslavia would have won the Euro 92 if they'd've competed).

goooolaaaaacccciiooooo!!!

I ****ing LOVED that program.

Go on then, more than 5: Arshavin, Dos Santos, Julio Baptista, Artem Milevskiy, Vedad Ibisevic, Miguel Veloso, Florin Raducioiu, Darren Caskey, Ben Bowditch, Giles Barnes and Carlton Cole (I was blown away by him playing for Chelsea youth).

All turned out ****e in the end.

Eastern Europeans are my particular weakness as I loved the Yugoslav, Romanian and Bulgarian teams of the early 90s.

In fairness most of them should have made it talent wise but never had the motivation

I think Tim deserves a little respect from us for what he has done, we have a saying "he made from a shet a whip" so I think if this form continues we should not even consider a substitution. Results speak for themselves, he has done what everyone wanted to see AVB change. Changed the formation, the resurrection of Ade etc. Imagine us still hoping Soldado would come to form, isn't that pretty is it? If it was an established coach instead of Sherwood we would have heaped and praised him like a GHod.

Seen us linked twice today in the rags with players from Ajax, defender Joel Veltman and midfielder Davy Klaassen.

Probably a classic case of 2+2=5, but..I wonder if we are put some feelers out for a few summer signings for a certain current Ajax boss who could be following them to the Lane???

Anyone know what sort of paper La Repubblica is - tabloid, broadsheet, gossip rag, straight-laced reporting?

http://www.sport.co.uk/football/cesare-prandelli-to-become-spurs-manager-after-world-cup/4611002/

The coach of the Italian national side, Cesare Prandelli, will become Tottenham manager for the 2014-2015 season according to reports from Italian paper La Repubblica.

The 56 year-old, who guided the Azzuri to the Euro 2012 final, will take over at White Hart Lane after the summer's World Cup finals, where he will lead Italy onto the world's biggest footballing stage.

Former AC Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri is to take the reigns as Italy manager after Prandelli's departure.

Strange link considering we have never been linked with the guy before today. Anyone mind shedding some light on this guy?? I know nothing.

Could be a load of nonsense with his agent making some noises to drum up a job for his client. For all we know Prandelli hasn't got a job lined up after this summer and this is his agents way of reminding people that he is still available.

Don't know much about him and would rather see LVG get the job over anyone if Sherwood doesn't keep it.

Anyone know what sort of paper La Repubblica is - tabloid, broadsheet, gossip rag, straight-laced reporting?

http://www.sport.co.uk/football/cesare-prandelli-to-become-spurs-manager-after-world-cup/4611002/

The coach of the Italian national side, Cesare Prandelli, will become Tottenham manager for the 2014-2015 season according to reports from Italian paper La Repubblica.

The 56 year-old, who guided the Azzuri to the Euro 2012 final, will take over at White Hart Lane after the summer's World Cup finals, where he will lead Italy onto the world's biggest footballing stage.

Former AC Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri is to take the reigns as Italy manager after Prandelli's departure.

Done a great job with Italy.

Personally wouldn't mind it just as long as he can bring this guy.

[video=youtube;Zqcom-bfIM8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqcom-bfIM8[/video]

The ball hits the back of the net and he does nothing, the guy isn't right in the head, I'd be going mental.

I don't lay a huge amount of attention to international football, so I'd be interested in the views of people who are better placed to comment. Is LvG still at the height of his powers or is he on the slide/coasting?

No, a bit older than that (I've been on GG since its early days in the late 90s)

All European football (all three competitions) use to be on terrestrial tv then, so I use to watch teams like that Red Star Belgrade side with Prosinecki, Mihajlovic, Savicevic, Panchev; and other players around at the time like Boban, Boksic, Suker, Mijatovic, Stoichkov, Hagi. A lot of them ended up in Serie A, which was then broadcast on Channel 4. Romania and Bulgaria national teams did well internationally too (I reckon Yugoslavia would have won the Euro 92 if they'd've competed).

That Red Star side played the best football of my youth .... Yet were the worse side I ever saw in a major European final

For the younger lads on her, they blew everyone away up to the final and then played for pens!!!!

This was a team with pace galore but exceptionally good pass and move ability

I don't lay a huge amount of attention to international football, so I'd be interested in the views of people who are better placed to comment. Is LvG still at the height of his powers or is he on the slide/coasting?

in the last euro he turned an ageing italy team into barcelona with short quick passess and massive movement. I was surprised at how good he was at teaching old dogs new tricks.

And while most remembered how they were destroyed 4 nil by Spain in the final, they started off the tournament as underdogs (11-1) on par with russia (12-1). And of course had some tough opponents in england and greece and germany which probably took the legs out of them by the finals. And they played spain twice - including the opener which ended 1-1 (against all expectations).

what a turnaround from the 2010 world cup which was a disaster under marcelo lippi, with pretty much the same players, but a few young additions. iirc they also went through the group stages undefeated, which made the entire campaign an even bigger success for pandrelli.

England should hire him!

Oh great! Not for me thanks.

The thought of another foreign coach, with new ideas, playing a new strategy, with another rake of signings and ANOTHER season of transition is about as attractive a thought as downing a pint of puke!

He doesn't speak English so already a juanda ramos part 2 in the making!
apparently he and his coaches have been learning for a while.......plus, most in the know said that Felix Magath couldnt speak english but he gave a very decent interview in english on Fulhams website

The thought of another foreign coach, with new ideas, playing a new strategy, with another rake of signings and ANOTHER season of transition is about as attractive a thought as downing a pint of puke!

This is how it is going to be in the future. In fact, this is how it is at EVERY top club that isn't named Arsenal or Man Utd (previous 25 years). Different managers bring in a certain freshness at times, along with new methods in which I feel can make players even better. Not to say that it's the right thing to do, I'd have loved nothing more than to have AVB fulfil the potential he supposedly had and managed us for 20 odd years, but it isn't realistic to think that.

apparently he and his coaches have been learning for a while.......plus, most in the know said that Felix Magath couldnt speak english but he gave a very decent interview in english on Fulhams website

This.

Ancelotti came to England with very very limited English but he was willing to learn and he ended up speaking understandable English. If Prandelli is serious about Tottenham and he wants to get his views and methods across, he will have to learn English in my view. Then again, if he supposedly wants time to implement is methods, maybe we are the wrong club for him.

Very much this! I pray Sherwood keeps up doing a bang up job so all this nonsense quiets down (I am surprised it hasn't already) The last thing I want is a new foreign manager with a new "system" and new signings to go along with it. We aren't Emirates Marketing Project or Chelski with an unlimited budget to keep throwing money at the next foreign flavour of the month to get in top players for ridiculous transfer fees. And please save all the football manager bargains that we can find because we haven't been able to do that before so what makes you think we will be able to do it with a new manager

Back