• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So given the coice of FDB and LVG who would people want?? The established pro with a good track record, hungry for one last title before calling it quits, or the young up coming manager who has already got a great reputation?? I honestly don't know although I do think both would come with a plan I think LVG would batter Levy if he carried on with his usual transfer dealings. FDB would be the bigger risk but the more likely to hang around long term.

So given the coice of FDB and LVG who would people want?? The established pro with a good track record, hungry for one last title before calling it quits, or the young up coming manager who has already got a great reputation?? I honestly don't know although I do think both would come with a plan I think LVG would batter Levy if he carried on with his usual transfer dealings. FDB would be the bigger risk but the more likely to hang around long term.

LVG for me. FDB is in his first job at the biggest club in the Netherlands. If not LVG then I'd rather someone other FDB who has done well with unfashionable clubs who've had to fight to compete. Because without a sugar daddy, that is the position we remain in. That has worked for us with both Jol and Redknapp. Whereas we've been burned before with so called 'proven winners' in the shape of Santini, Villas-Boas and Ramos. That said, LVG is on a different level to them. Sherwood as assistant to give some continuity.

LVG for me. We've never gone for the manager of such proven stature approach before.

I'd be very happy with FDB, but he's another AVB style risk.

Ideally LVG will have a young coach collective around him of Blind, Kluivert and Freund.

It's quite flattering though that our club is being courted by such top names. I think the last five years have given us a platform to impress from (that one CL year and some good football plus the names we currently have on the books).

It's quite flattering though that our club is being courted by such top names. I think the last five years have given us a platform to impress from (that one CL year and some good football plus the names we currently have on the books).

Certainly a good situation to be in!

If, come the summer, Levy wants to replace Sherwood I would be happy with either LvG or FdB...

LVG for me. We've never gone for the manager of such proven stature approach before.

I'd be very happy with FDB, but he's another AVB style risk.

Ideally LVG will have a young coach collective around him of Blind, Kluivert and Freund.

i've been thinking of some of the things you've said in the past

i think you're more in love with the idea of continental football or technical emphasis more than the knowlegde you have of it

take some of the people you've claimed were the next potential world class players

are you able to name 5 guys you have said in the past that would be top class and potentially world class that didnt work out that way?

One problem with Van Gaal is a big ego......so say Bayern fans. There were constant friction with Bayern management and players which led to his eventual firing. He supposedly didn't get along with Ribery at all. I guess in a way it's a good thing as he doesnt give preferential treatment to bigger stars and they all must play within his system, which can be rigid at times.

One problem with Van Gaal is a big ego......so say Bayern fans. There were constant friction with Bayern management and players which led to his eventual firing. He supposedly didn't get along with Ribery at all. I guess in a way it's a good thing as he doesnt give preferential treatment to bigger stars and they all must play within his system, which can be rigid at times.

he would be a huge gamble.
Decent summary of what went wrong at Bayern http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/raphael_honigstein/04/14/vangaal.bayern/

Apart from Adebayor do we have any 'big' stars at the moment whose ego could get in the way??

Not to my knowledge, and I think that's intentional. I get the distinct impression that over the last year or so we've been filling the squad with players who are willing to work hard in order to create something greater than the sum of their parts.

Not to my knowledge, and I think that's intentional. I get the distinct impression that over the last year or so we've been filling the squad with players who are willing to work hard in order to create something greater than the sum of their parts.

Agreed, I think this was part of what AVB was building towards and it's something I hope will continue without him.

Looking at how Chelsea stifled City, how City stifled us and looking to the continent at a club like Dortmund I think there should be a lot of inspiration to continue moving in that direction.

There's been something wrong with our attitude for years and years, it's been deep in the club and players by the looks of things. Perhaps someone like LvG could be the right person to weed that out.

If Sherwood can get top four I think we should give him a chance. But if he doesn't I'd love us to go for Louis Van Gaal. I wouldn'ty really want De Boer as he's not been in the management game for as long as Van Gaal (mind you not many have!) and he's at a big club in a small league.

If we do get LVG and Sherwood is happy to stay alongside him I wonder if we can see them playing a 'good cop bad cop' role and whether it would cause friction if they did!

Although I'm not mad on the idea of LvG taking over, I would definitely prefer it to De Boer just because of his experience and likely ability to be able to attract players to the club just based on who he is.

Personally i think LvG at Spurs is a disaster waiting to happen.

Not dismissing his ability or career just don't think it's a good fit for each other

Just from reading that article my gut feeling about Levy and Baldini are right, there will be a falling out there. We may be ok in respect to his ego, but I also think some of our senior pros could fall out with him. I was optimistic at first, but the more I hear about him the more scared I become.

Back