• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i really hope we dont see the likes of Lippi and Van Gaal at the lane, i think a young progressive sort is the way to go, AVB didnt work out but he had his own issues, I think our next manager should be in their 40's or early 50's

Ancelotti is a resource hungry manager. LVG and FDB would work better within our constraints.

but you keep saying that we have a brilliant squad, so why cant Ancelotti do something with it?......In a way Ancelotti is perfect, he has the experience, the trophies, is the right age, great man manager, the press like him, being Italian maybe he knows Baldini and they can work together, he has already managed AC Milan, Real Madrid, Chels, as well as the moneybags operation in PSG so there is no likelyhood he will be poached. If Levy chose him and stuck by him, Ancelotti is a guy that hang around for a good 3-5 years and actually build something

Last edited by a moderator:
Ancelotti doesn't want to manage Spurs*

*i have no idea whether this is true but it seems to be the game that other posters play FAR too often. Why make a statement that may have no relevance to the World outside of your own head? Far better to state 'I think that...' and provide reasons behind your thinking than just spout repeated statements as truth when most likely they are far from that.

but you keep saying that we have a brilliant squad, so why cant Ancelotti do something with it?......In a way Ancelotti is perfect, he has the experience, the trophies, is the right age, great man manager, the press like him, being Italian maybe he knows Baldini and they can work together, he has already managed AC Milan, Real Madrid, Chels, as well as the moneybags operation in PSG so there is no likelyhood he will be poached. If Levy chose him and stuck by him, Ancelotti is a guy that hang around for a good 3-5 years and actually build something

Sorry can only make a quick reply, but basically it's about the medium-long term (cf next season)

I like Ancelotti, but his style is much more like Redknapp - assemble old, high-wage players for one final fling.

LVG and FDB are much more about youth, philosophy, systems and coaching.

Sorry can only make a quick reply, but basically it's about the medium-long term (cf next season)

I like Ancelotti, but his style is much more like Redknapp - assemble old, high-wage players for one final fling.

LVG and FDB are much more about youth, philosophy, systems and coaching.
no its not, he gets the mix right. He appreciates experience along with youth and as has been proven its this mix that generally brings success.

I would question LVGs motivation and dedication if he ever came here. He isnt young anymore and has won pretty much everything (I actually dont know this but judging by comments it seems he has)

I keep reading that he will be good with the young players, er so is TS. I keep hearing systems, philosophies etc etc etc - well like I say it depends on how motivated he is as implementing this so called system takes time and hard work.

Did I miss some gossip or something recently? Why is Ancelotti gonna be available. He's top of the league with Real Madrid.. Why would he be a potential candidate?

Ancelotti has said in the past he's only interested in clubs that compete for trophies. While we have the potential to get there, I don't think he'll want to put in the time it will take.

Did I miss some gossip or something recently? Why is Ancelotti gonna be available. He's top of the league with Real Madrid.. Why would he be a potential candidate?
its Real Madrid, they are never entirely happy.....bit like us really:) I read somewhere this morning that Real might make a change in the summer, they are looking a Laudrup:lol:

Ancelotti has said in the past he's only interested in clubs that compete for trophies. While we have the potential to get there, I don't think he'll want to put in the time it will take.
yeah, he said that in the past........things can always change

He could focus all his efforts on the Carling Cup.

I would question LVGs motivation and dedication if he ever came here. He isnt young anymore and has won pretty much everything (I actually dont know this but judging by comments it seems he has)

I keep reading that he will be good with the young players, er so is TS. I keep hearing systems, philosophies etc etc etc - well like I say it depends on how motivated he is as implementing this so called system takes time and hard work.

van Gaal's motivation is his ego.

I bet it ****es him off that his protege (Mourinho) has won both major European domestic titles, whereas he has only won the Spanish one.

LVG believes he is the best manager in the world. Winning the league with a troubled perennial underachieving club like ours is about the most impressive thing he could do to reaffirm his position as the best. It's like why he took the AZ job, only on a bigger scale.

van Gaal's motivation is his ego.

I bet it ****es him off that his protege (Mourinho) has won both major European domestic titles, whereas he has only won the Spanish one.

LVG believes he is the best manager in the world. Winning the league with a troubled perennial underachieving club like ours is about the most impressive thing he could do to reaffirm his position as the best. It's like why he took the AZ job, only on a bigger scale.
He wont win the league while Mourinho is here.....i doubt anyone will. Mourinhos Inter already outfoxed LVGs Bayern in the CL final.

german tv today were reporting a dutchman to spurs in the summer is a done deal.

referring to sherwood as interim coach.

they reckon de boer has applied for it with van gaal's interest known and concrete. both reported to have met levy on several occasions.

german tv today were reporting a dutchman to spurs in the summer is a done deal.

referring to sherwood as interim coach.

they reckon de boer has applied for it with van gaal's interest known and concrete. both reported to have met levy on several occasions.

Just get both of them - dream team! (obviously won't happen as FDB's too established now to play second fiddle).

Cheers for the info.

Back