• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
Everton's brand of "bland and boring" football is ridiculously exaggerated on here. Since the turn of the year where Moyes was allowed to bring in a few players they've played some lovely football (beating teams like chelski and us in the process whilst also scoring 4 at Old Trafford). Now they have players like Pienaar and jelavic creating and scoring Moyes doesn't need to rely on everton being a physical team as he did before. I'm in no doubt if he's given some cash and with the players we currently have there's no way he would play the physical game that people say he does now. Hell even if he wanted too how exactly can you play physical and defensive with the players we have?

Everton's brand of "bland and boring" football is ridiculously exaggerated on here. Since the turn of the year where Moyes was allowed to bring in a few players they've played some lovely football (beating teams like chelski and us in the process whilst also scoring 4 at Old Trafford). Now they have players like Pienaar and jelavic creating and scoring Moyes doesn't need to rely on everton being a physical team as he did before. I'm in no doubt if he's given some cash and with the players we currently have there's no way he would play the physical game that people say he does now. Hell even if he wanted too how exactly can you play physical and defensive with the players we have?

The thing is KD he has had enough time and money to create a very different Everton, but hasnt. Its basically his default position I think.

And while they have been getting results (as, to be fair, they so often do - its one thing that wouldnt concern me if he took over) Im not sure their football has been "lovely".

Personal preference I guess

Jose Mourinho says he is not planning to leave Real Madrid this summer as he closes in on winning a league title in a fourth different country.
Real are seven points clear in Spain's La Liga, but Mourinho has been linked to Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project.
"At the moment my future is not important, but I think I will be here next season," the Real manager said.
"I have a contract with the club and no reason to leave. It is better to stay at a club for four or five years."
The Portuguese was appointed in May 2010, signing a four-year deal, but reports earlier this year claimed he wanted to return to England in the summer.
Mourinho said: "At the end of the season I will have time to speak with the players and the directors and we will decide what is best for me, for the club and for the squad."

The thing is KD he has had enough time and money to create a very different Everton, but hasnt. Its basically his default position I think.

And while they have been getting results (as, to be fair, they so often do - its one thing that wouldnt concern me if he took over) Im not sure their football has been "lovely".

Personal preference I guess
I don't think he's had a lot of money to spend. I mean he's been able to pull off the odd big cash transfer (Fellini being a hit and Billyadtinov being a failure) but we're not talking about big amounts. The guy has made some outstanding transfers at his time with Everton tbf( Cahill 1.5m , jagielka 4m , lescott 5m , Pienaar 2m , Arteta 2.5m I'm sure there's more. Personally I think he has the right characteristics to be a big success here.

Like I say, personal preference.

he has had enough money and enough time (10 years now) to have created anything he wants, IMO.

After this time it seems he has a pretty defined way of doing things, and that that style is fundamentally disagreeable to Spurs (IMO).

I also dont think he has ever spent larger sums successfully, on a low budget he is outstanding as you illustrate, but bigger buys? Bilyaletdinov ?ú8.8m, Feillani ?ú15m, Yakubu ?ú15m, Andy Johnson ?ú9m, Van Der Meyde ?ú8m, Kroldrup ?ú6m, Beattie ?ú8m...

Obviously not excessive amounts of money but large sums for Everton and a much lower 'hit' rate than compared to the under ?ú5m moves...

He's not liked, not by the club and not by the players, apparently. They're fed up with 'it's all about HR', and the press

Have heard this too from someone working in a non football role at the club. There's supposedly a pretty poor atmosphere around the whole place at the moment.

AVB for Spurs?

fudge off basically!! How on earth was this Chelsea team struggling?!! Could work in our favour too, because surely Di Matteo has to be given the job full time now? As for AVB? Talk about stock plummeted.....

fudge off basically!! How on earth was this Chelsea team struggling?!! Could work in our favour too, because surely Di Matteo has to be given the job full time now? As for AVB? Talk about stock plummeted.....

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

how would it work in our favour that Cheslea give the job to RDM, a man who has defeated Barca, led Chelsea to the CL final, and to an FA cup final after destroying Spurs

bit fcuking arrogant of you dont you think?

I did say straight after the AVB sack that Di Matteo was a good choice - he proved that at WBA didn't he?

I thought he was unlucky to be fired by WBA. Thought they were very ungrateful as he had them playing some lovely stuff.

Fair play to him and maybe a lesson to us Spurs fans that maybe you really don't need a big name Manager to be a success.

Back