• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
AVB? No we want someone who will motivate the players, not alienate them. But then again, Chelsea players don't like it when ANYONE comes in and tells them what to do, they go running to their daddy Abramovich whenever a mean new manager comes in.

Didn't know where to post this but this is Premier League table since Capello stepped down:

566302369.png
I assume that you are referring to this:

Twitter / @OptaJoe: 17 - This is the Premier League table since Fabio Capello resigned in February. Distraction. http://t.co/QfrXz3cT

View attachment 501

The only upside is that Liverpool have done slightly worse than us, although at least they have a trophy in the cabinet plus an FA Cup final to look forward to.

That is shocking! Anyone else still think Villa could go down? Aside from Wolves they have been shockingly bad in 2012 whereas everyone else down there is finding ways to get results.

What brick? Its a simple question.

One of the biggest 'pros' in the AVB camp is that he demolished the portuguese league. A fine achievement for any rookie manager.

Martinez (as an example) has never had that opportunity, so in an effort to gauge how he is viewed I ask a simple question.

Despite what you like to think, I am not anti AVB at all. I just dont like to give him the "reach around" that you do, thats all.

Since im from swansea for what its worth (even its worth just tuppence).....the usual ITK rumours that is doing the rounds down here is that rodgers has been offered the spurs job and martinez is coming back to swansea and of course harry off to ingerlaand........mmmmmm

What brick? Its a simple question.

One of the biggest 'pros' in the AVB camp is that he demolished the portuguese league. A fine achievement for any rookie manager.

Martinez (as an example) has never had that opportunity, so in an effort to gauge how he is viewed I ask a simple question.

Despite what you like to think, I am not anti AVB at all. I just dont like to give him the "reach around" that you do, thats all.

He also won the EL and League Cup and played very good attacking football

Tell me - what are Rodgers' 'pros' in that case? Some decent passing stats and a SSN reacharound?

not really...........rodgers was 40/1 to be the swans manager at the time..........got the rumour off a mate whose mate knows an estate agent and wigan's asst manager was looking for a house in the area.........lol!!!!

Btw we're a small city and that..........

Sorry mate - I didnt realise!

No surprise to see ITK considering the papers have carried odd bits about it as well I guess.

I recall seeing an estate agent convicned we were getting MON, who was apparently buying a house near the training ground... about a week later he went to Villa :lol:

He also won the EL and League Cup and played very good attacking football

Tell me - what are Rodgers' 'pros' in that case? Some decent passing stats and a SSN reacharound?

I dont recall the last time I switch SSN on, or the skysports website for that matter.
I didnt even mention Rodgers, I was in fact talking about Martinez and AVB.

Way to miss the point again Arcy

I assume that you are referring to this:

Twitter / @OptaJoe: 17 - This is the Premier League table since Fabio Capello resigned in February. Distraction. http://t.co/QfrXz3cT

View attachment 501

The only upside is that Liverpool have done slightly worse than us, although at least they have a trophy in the cabinet plus an FA Cup final to look forward to.

I'm amazed that there is anyone below us. Really cant wait for the season to end and us get a new manager in. Being a football fan at a time when there appears little to be optimistic about is horrible....and with Harry in charge I cant see how the future looks rosy at all

I dont recall the last time I switch SSN on, or the skysports website for that matter.
I didnt even mention Rodgers, I was in fact talking about Martinez and AVB.

Way to miss the point again Arcy

The point appears to be that every time someone metions AVB you immediately summon yourself to belittle his achievement using the infamous Protugues Legaue example of 'any fudging clown can win it'. Not fair

What is not fair is your constant desire to mis interpret, mis represent or selectively ignore elements of the posts I make.On this very page you quote my saying Im not against AVB at all. And yet completely ignore that to pursue the agenda you have against me. It is very tiresome.I reply to posts and subjects that are of interest to me. Right now who might be our next manager is high on that list. I do not "summon myself to belittle" AVB at all, it happens to come up during the course of conversations on a subject I have interest in, that is all.I have never, ever, stated "Any fudging clown can win" the protuguese league, yet more lies from you.Please try harder Arcy, to deal with the opinions actually made - or not at all.

Maybe simply winning the Portugese league isn't that big an acheivement, but winning it, the cup, and the Europa League while going undefeated surely is? It's a special acheivement, and clearly shows some sort of good management going on there where he has made the players perform above expectations.

He had a bad time at Chelsea, but the circumstances wouldn't be the same here. And I don't think just because our players may know some Chelsea players that they wouldn't give him the time of day. Plenty in the football world said what Chelsea's players did was in pretty poor taste. Why would they not listen to him? 'We aren't going to do our jobs because you didn't get on with Lampard and Terry.'? I don't think so. He isn't going to be tasked with moving on the dressing room leaders, while at the same time needing them to produce a style of football that they aren't suited to, because that was his brief from the top. He's going to have players that like playing that way, and will surely be keen to hear his ideas.

The Chelsea players knew they were on their last chance saloon and decided to kick up a fuss because they'd done a lot for the club where as AVB was an outsider. He'd be an outsider here too but I just can't see why our players wouldn't listen to him. He's not going to move them on. He's not going to play a style of football unsuited to them. What problem would they have exactly?

Last edited:
Back