• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
Slight change of topic, but has Di Matteo's success having only managed to get a lower end of the table club playing attractive football thus far swayed anyone's opinion about Rodgers/Martinez/Poyet at Spurs?

oh they are playing differently. Number one they are much stronger defensively, more organised, the free flowing football has disappeared, they are not gung ho, it looks like they have practiced on the training ground some rigid patterns of play. They are very Italian now

Exactly, RDM has just gone back to how Chelsea used to play, how those players were used to playing, rather than continuing with AVB's new style of play.

oh they are playing differently. Number one they are much stronger defensively, more organised, the free flowing football has disappeared, they are not gung ho, it looks like they have practiced on the training ground some rigid patterns of play. They are very Italian now

I can't agree with that. I think under Di Matteo they are playing more attractive football, better football, than under AVB AND they are more defensively solid. Di Matteo's WBA team were attractive too. Against Barca they were more defensive, but then so were Real Madrid.

Exactly, RDM has just gone back to how Chelsea used to play, how those players were used to playing, rather than continuing with AVB's new style of play.

What style of play is this exactly? AVB's Chelsea was dull to watch. And so was his Porto team. Where has this sudden misconception come from that AVB teams play good football?!

I like RDM and liked him at MKD and was a bricky decision to let him go at WBA.

I think tonight may have proved to Roman that he is the man to take them forward.

This could mean that Guardiola is available as I do think he will leave Barca for pastures new.

TO US.

I can't agree with that. I think under Di Matteo they are playing more attractive football, better football, than under AVB AND they are more defensively solid. Di Matteo's WBA team were attractive too. Against Barca they were more defensive, but then so were Real Madrid.

they are not, they opened up against us but we are like jelly right now so i dont take that into consideration, but in many of their other games the football has been average at best

What style of play is this exactly? AVB's Chelsea was dull to watch. And so was his Porto team. Where has this sudden misconception come from that AVB teams play good football?!

:lol: i think its time for you to have a nap, you must be tired

Methinks you're a massive AVB fan and your boy can do no wrong.

hahaha dont be so ignorant, ive had many a disagreement with a few others on this board about AVB. Im not a massive fan, but i do know what he is good at and what i think he is not so hot at. I would most definitely have Martinez and Rodgers ahead of him. He has much to learn before he takes another big job in a big league.

Fact is, as this thread shows, you are a AVB HATER, a massive hater, again a massive extreme view of which you have many. You know there does exist a middle ground sometimes.

hahaha dont be so ignorant, ive had many a disagreement with a few others on this board about AVB. Im not a massive fan, but i do know what he is good at and what i think he is not so hot at. I would most definitely have Martinez and Rodgers ahead of him. He has much to learn before he takes another big job in a big league.

Fact is, as this thread shows, you are a AVB HATER, a massive hater, again a massive extreme view of which you have many. You know there does exist a middle ground sometimes.

A massive hater? How old are? 12?! Jesus.....

I don't hate AVB. If he is Spurs next year he'll get my 100% backing like all Managers do.

You think they were exciting?? Really?! Again I think you must be a massive AVB fan and your boy can do no wrong.

Simple question. Who performed better as a Manager with their respective team this season:

Redknapp or AVB?

He is not my boy

You on the other hand appear terribly insecure every time his name is mentioned and come across as someone obssessed which in turn pushes you to spout such unbelievable delusions similar to your Porto comment further up. It is factually incorrect at the very least

Give over. If he comes - be prepared to give him as much rope as you do for our current buffoon of a man

A massive hater? How old are? 12?! Jesus.....

I don't hate AVB. If he is Spurs next year he'll get my 100% backing like all Managers do.

if im 12 you must still be at playschool

you couldnt wait to start this thread, couldnt wait to tell us all that AVB is a fcuk up as a manager

"AVB for Spurs?
fudge off basically!! How on earth was this Chelsea team struggling?!! Could work in our favour too, because surely Di Matteo has to be given the job full time now? As for AVB? Talk about stock plummeted....."

sad indeed

He is not my boy

You on the other hand appear terribly insecure every time his name is mentioned and come across as someone obssessed which in turn pushes you to spout such unbelievable delusions similar to your Porto comment further up. It is factually incorrect at the very least

Give over. If he comes - be prepared to give him as much rope as you do for our current buffoon of a man

Who performed better this season, Redknapp or AVB? It's not a hard question is it?

And I'd give AVB rope for sure. In recent times I was glad to see the back of George Graham (style of play more than performances) and David Pleat (because I genuinely believe he undermined both Graham and Hoddle and reaped what he sowed). I wasn't glad to see the back of anyone else. Not even Ramos, who perplexed me and who I do think lost the plot.

I'm a great believer in giving Manager's time. I am a great believer in not getting on the back of a Manager in a rough form patch ESPECIALLY if the Manager has had us playing well in the past. We are all so keen to back the team when it's winning and far too keen to jump on them when they're not. If a Manager underachieves for 18 months straight (and by under achieve I mean at least a couple of levels below what the squad is capable of) then I'll join the chorus of wanting them to go if there are no circumstances beyond the Manager's control, e.g. injuries to key players.

I'm grateful for Redknapp. Worst case scenario now is that we'll finish 6th. So in his tenure

First Season - 8th (after 2pts from 8 games) with a pts per game ratio that would have been good enough for 6th (and only 1pt behind 5th).
Second Season - 4th
Third Season - 5th
Fourth Season - 4th to 6th.

That makes him our most consistant manager since Bill Nick. However it ends, no one can say Redknapp was a failure at Spurs. We were down in the dumps for over a decade. Jol dragged us out of it and under him we started to get some self respect. Under Redknapp we got that self respect back completely and for a period of time people were waxing lyrical about our performances and style of play. And yet people turn on him so easily after a run of 15 or so bad results? It's a fudging disgrace. They'll take the glory but won't support the team during any downswings? Pathetic plastic fans at their worst.

Back