• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
I would keep Harry but give him bigger squad and more money to spend
Gareth and Luka love playing for Harry so they will probably stay.

How much money have we spent this season?
We have got out-spended by Stoke and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

?ú100mill for Harry next year and sign the following players.
?ú10 mill for Dembele
Recall Caulker.
?ú12mill for Hangaland
?ú25mill for Dzeko
?ú15mill for Sahin from Madrid
?ú20mill for Kolorov and Adam Johnson
?ú8mill for Emmanuel Adebayor.

Then we can challenge for the title.

I'm starting to think we havent got anything like that much money to spend on players. I think all the Transfer and CL money we have made has gone into the Stadium fund.
Wouldnt surprise if we only have a net spend of around ?ú10m in August

You're right, he has only won 8 different trophies in his career, including Champions League and La Liga title. But I guess that can not be compared to Redknapps FA cup and his tactical knowledge of the game.

you are going from one extreme to the other in terms of trophies, but i dont want either

Benitez up to 2005, when he was a bit more humble, was an excellent manager. Since then he has become a fat egotistical maniac. He would tinkle off the players and ultimately the fans with his management skills

you are going from one extreme to the other in terms of trophies, but i dont want either

Benitez up to 2005, when he was a bit more humble, was an excellent manager. Since then he has become a fat egotistical maniac. He would tinkle off the players and ultimately the fans with his management skills

Its not like he has lost his managerial skills. Who says that he would come in with the same attitude that you are describing.

I agree on Martinez though, would like to see what he can do with a bigger club.

Rafa Benitez. we need a plan and a tactic going into games. as much as i enjoy watching us in full flow this season has shown that without a plan you are not going to do much.

watching us for the season i really couldnt understand what our approach and plan for games has been. unfortunately, in the modern game you cant just turn up, play and expect to win most weeks.

Good GHod I have a raging, quivering, hard-on after reading that. I'm sold.

Harry out! Martinez in!

kidding?

the bit about the medical/physio side, injuries, was a bit different to "down to the bare bones".

excellent interview imo

Rafa Benitez. we need a plan and a tactic going into games. as much as i enjoy watching us in full flow this season has shown that without a plan you are not going to do much.

His tactic going into games would be to stifle the opposition. I'd rather lose playing football, than win boring the life out of everyone

kidding?

the bit about the medical/physio side, injuries, was a bit different to "down to the bare bones".

excellent interview imo

No mate, I wasn't being sarcastic! I thought it was a great interview. If nothing else, I think he comes across so well as a person, if that doesn't sound too cheesy. He's very likeable.

And I was very impressed with Wigan against Arsenal. Not just their work-rate and organisation, but how confident they were on the ball.

I love the fact that he really seems to live and breathe football too, and is a real thinker. I like the fact that he came up with a new system that he thought would suit his players better.

Plus he's young, and no doubt motivated and full of energy.

Up until pre-QPR I was staying positive and defending Harry to an extent, but now I'm done. I'm bored of thinking about it, and I'm just looking forward to a new start. I think Martinez is the man to take us forward for the next few years.

Both Benitez and Martinez would be infinitely better than grin a minute 'Arry, on current form. So it's academic.

I'd like to hope that the next manager will stay around for a few seasons, play good football and build on a good squad. Benitez is a negative manager and his record in the transfer market at Liverpool was shaky, at best.

I would keep Harry but give him bigger squad and more money to spend
Gareth and Luka love playing for Harry so they will probably stay.

How much money have we spent this season?
We have got out-spended by Stoke and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

?ú100mill for Harry next year and sign the following players.

?ú10 mill for Dembele
Recall Caulker.
?ú12mill for Hangaland
?ú25mill for Dzeko
?ú15mill for Sahin from Madrid
?ú20mill for Kolorov and Adam Johnson
?ú8mill for Emmanuel Adebayor.

Then we can challenge for the title.

Bale. You're mad.

Out-spended is not a word either.

Good GHod I have a raging, quivering, hard-on after reading that. I'm sold.

Harry out! Martinez in!

While I didn't get as ...er.. excited... about that article as trev, Martinez says all the right things in that interview. It is a good read and it reminds of another great interview with Rodgers I read not so long back. These are the new breed of manager and we could do a whole lot worse than taking a punt on one of them.

Back