• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
PSG are playing Sochaux at 4pm. Hopefully Sochaux can get a result sending PSG out of the title race and Ancelotti to Spurs.

what i dont like about Ancelotti is that when things are going wrong (and at a club like Spurs things tend to go t*ts up regularly) he just stands there on the touchline with a gormless expression.

Well he's long been Levy's first choice. Everyone knows that. It will either be him of Rodgers.

if thats the case then why didnt get him in during Jan to stop him going to PSG? Sack Redknapp, get Ancelotti in. Only compo would have needed to be paid to Redknapp

Exactly, it may have gone wrong under ramos and maybe he introduced to many things to quickly. But without doubt seeing as we can not stand on a equal footing with other teams at the top due to money we need to find things that give us an edge.

Fitness in my view is not even as good as other teams in the premership. So we need to change that, maybe a gradual change so as not to lose the whole dressing room, i would think if you started with the youth team it would be easier as when those players made the first team squad they would encourage others to join the new fitness regime. As has been mentioned individual diets and fitness programmes for each player.

If all of us on here were to run a marathon i assume we would have many different fitness programmes and diets to get the best from our bodies.

Sports psychology we have so many mental midgets it is unbeliveable unless we have for some reason purposely signed and brought through players like this. Again i would start with the youth team but make it compulsory for every member of the squad to visit someone once a week. Put a guy or girl on staff how much can it cost ?ú100,000 a year? thats one weeks wage for ade and it could gain us an extra few points next season.

The character of the squad needs to change.

Technology, i would have someone whose whole job is to make DVD's bring back lee haha no seriously we need someone to make DVD's of the opposition a week before we play them so we are aware of how they play their strengths and weakness. Also DVD's on each player to show what they do well and also their own weakness and what they need to improve on.

A DVD library for someone like bale on every right back in the division, so when we play sunderland/villa/who ever he knows what that particular right back is more likely to do.

It is about the little things we can do as a club to take us above other teams, anything that will give us a slight edge in a game where instead of losing or drawing we would draw or win.

The character of the club has to change.

I agree fully and that's why if we can't get someone like Mourinho, Ancelotti or Hiddink (all ranging from unlikely to unattainable) I would like to see us go for Rogders who seems very focused on building a team based on a system and do all the little things that are needed to make that work long term.

Looks like we may have to have a step backward next season to make a bigger step forward the season after. Like somebody suggested, perhaps next season will be a transitional season before coming back stronger in 2013/14

please GHod no to Benitez

You're right, he has only won 8 different trophies in his career, including Champions League and La Liga title. But I guess that can not be compared to Redknapps FA cup and his tactical knowledge of the game.

I would keep Harry but give him bigger squad and more money to spend
Gareth and Luka love playing for Harry so they will probably stay.

How much money have we spent this season?
We have got out-spended by Stoke and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

?ú100mill for Harry next year and sign the following players.

?ú10 mill for Dembele
Recall Caulker.
?ú12mill for Hangaland
?ú25mill for Dzeko
?ú15mill for Sahin from Madrid
?ú20mill for Kolorov and Adam Johnson
?ú8mill for Emmanuel Adebayor.

Then we can challenge for the title.

Last edited:
You're right, he has only won 8 different trophies in his career, including Champions League and La Liga title. But I guess that can not be compared to Redknapps FA cup and his tactical knowledge of the game.

He is a strange one though, obviously you can't argue with the success he's had but he really ballsed Liverpool and Inter up and both clubs are still suffering

I'm talking myself into Martinez more and more.

I think Martinez's style is very well suited to our current squad. He likes fast, strong, muscular players like Bale, Walker, Sandro, Kaboul, but also has time for players like vdV, Huddlestone or a sexy new striker. His teams seem to play with a clear shape and to move together as one, which was what we were doing at our best earlier in the season before the great sadness. The set-ups and player types seem a good fit.

It also speaks well of him that he gets his players up at the end of the season. People keep asking, "Why were Wigan so bad for so much of this and last season?". There is a way of answering that that's actually rather exciting. Perhaps this is a relegation team from a relegation town, and the reason they lose for most of the season is because it's Wigan, they have no support, little tradition, no money and they're brick. And yet RM can turn off all these negatives when it matters and get more out of the brickhouse than the sum of its parts. If that's what's going on, he might be a mini-Mourinhio.

I like Ancelotti. Smart, self-aware, calm under pressure, plays decent enough football and one presumes is tactically competent. He's been my No. 1 up till now but I'm starting to edge towards Martinez.

Back