• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
I have no idea what you're trying to argue here, I don't think you even know what you're trying to prove other than getting in a dig at Walker/Ekotto/Kaboul in your every post.

I'll do my judging after 38 games thanks.

And yet you angrily demand that we never revert to 4-5-1 ever. Hmm...:-k

As for the first bit, how exactly is being 2-1 down with a fighting chance, however slim, worse than being 5-1 down with Defoe and Ade doing the square root of fudge all?

And yet you angrily demand that we never revert to 4-5-1 ever. Hmm...:-k

As for the first bit, how exactly is being 2-1 down with a fighting chance, however slim, worse than being 5-1 down with Defoe and Ade doing the square root of fudge all?

Based on the fact it's a boring, defensive formation actually.

FWIW I think Harry fudged up taking off VDV for Defoe. Ade was having an absolute stinker, Modric was running around in ever decreasing circles and we needed VDV to create and link. He also made a mistake by playing VDV in midfield to begin with. The only way 4-5-1 works is if you:

a) sacrifice creativity in central midfield. You need a holder, a battler and some one will get box to box and chip in with goals.
b) you need a Drogba up top. The sort of player that can bully centre halves, hold up the ball and bring others (especially that box to box midfielder) into play.

First rule of any Manager we get in. 4-5-1, fudge it off. Never, never, never!! Utd with a weaker team have played 4-4-2 most of the season and surprise surprise look where they are....

That's mental. A manager who plays 4-5-1 is tactically astute and forward looking :-s

United's 442 and our 4411 aren't that different from a tactical perspective, it's more about player types.
Rooney do much of the same work as VDV does, to make United's midfield central a trio.
A strenght with Rooney though is that he has the engine making him able to both fill up their midfield and also moving fast enough forward to support Welbeck up front.

Should Modric leave, I wonder if we'd be better off playing Bale in the position between the midfield and attack,
while Rafael could play the playmaker role in central midfield - with a left midfielder to tuck into the middle similiar to what Edgar Davids used to do for us - makes our link with Kojo Asamoah interesting.

Make your football formation with this11.com

You guys (in the best possible way, and with no personal offense meant) are all lying pricks

All of GG would be the first to lynch Martinez/Rogers/whoever, before the first game, on the first purchase (made the week before the manager signed) that wasn't a multi million quid WC name.

Harry got Tottenham playing the best football in 20 years, 1/4 final of CL, FA Cup semi-final, we actually went through a summer without selling our best player despite a 40M offer and are actually still in a CL spot with less than 7 games to go.

Can you imagine Martinez/Rodgers losing a home game to a brick side in Novemeber with us in 10th ... hahahaha .. blood in the water ...

Look at this board this week, and remember where this club was 7 years ago, and tell me any new manger will get time or a chance, we are just as fickle as City fans ...

Spot on

I do nto agree i think the next manager will be given time because most of us know that while the stadium is built and paid for we wont have much money. I want a manager that can come in and promote some youth players and shape us as a team for the next 5-10 years, as long as we do not look like going down i do not mind finishing 7-13th in the league.

Seen it for years so i do not mind a few more years of it, more important we play good football and try to build something naturally. Also find a manager who does not slag us off in the press.

I do nto agree i think the next manager will be given time because most of us know that while the stadium is built and paid for we wont have much money. I want a manager that can come in and promote some youth players and shape us as a team for the next 5-10 years, as long as we do not look like going down i do not mind finishing 7-13th in the league.

Seen it for years so i do not mind a few more years of it, more important we play good football and try to build something naturally. Also find a manager who does not slag us off in the press.

Will never happen. No Manager has ever done that, and I doubt any ever will.

You guys (in the best possible way, and with no personal offense meant) are all lying pricks

All of GG would be the first to lynch Martinez/Rogers/whoever, before the first game, on the first purchase (made the week before the manager signed) that wasn't a multi million quid WC name.

Harry got Tottenham playing the best football in 20 years, 1/4 final of CL, FA Cup semi-final, we actually went through a summer without selling our best player despite a 40M offer and are actually still in a CL spot with less than 7 games to go.

Can you imagine Martinez/Rodgers losing a home game to a brick side in Novemeber with us in 10th ... hahahaha .. blood in the water ...

Look at this board this week, and remember where this club was 7 years ago, and tell me any new manger will get time or a chance, we are just as fickle as City fans ...

Totally agree, lot of people with very short memories on this board

I think that you would get not get the best out of either Bale or VdV with that formation. Bale is at his best with space to run into and VdV is the best player that we have at feeding off scraps

quick question - do you think part of the problem with VdV is that he doesn't have much input from the manager ? i dunno how true all the "just go on there and run about" stuff is, but it comes across to me that Harry does give his players a lot of freedom in what they do out on the pitch - if that's the case, do you think his (VdV) game would raise a level or two if he were to be given a bit more 'direction' from the manager ?

quick question - do you think part of the problem with VdV is that he doesn't have much input from the manager ? i dunno how true all the "just go on there and run about" stuff is, but it comes across to me that Harry does give his players a lot of freedom in what they do out on the pitch - if that's the case, do you think his (VdV) game would raise a level or two if he were to be given a bit more 'direction' from the manager ?

The "go about and run about a bit" quote relates to a question about Pav and his poor English, I think that it is a quip from Redknapp that has been taken at face value by some. I think that VdV does receive instructions because you can see him adapt his game based on what position he is playing and the opposition. Redknapp clearly likes to keep things simple but I do not believe that we could be challenging for a place in the top four if he just let the players do what they wanted.

the more we drop points the more i want rogers. if we're gonna drop points lets atleast play some attractive stuff.

If he can make this squad beat l'Arse, I'm all for him.

Just imagine what he could do with:

We're head and shoulders better at every position (bar Caulker and maybe Vorm obvs)

I think that you would get not get the best out of either Bale or VdV with that formation. Bale is at his best with space to run into and VdV is the best player that we have at feeding off scraps

It's less one dimensional roles for the both of them, and potential to see much more of their qualities.
You might be right of course, but I can see them contribute more in the suggested roles.
Having Bale behind our striker, gives us two men in the box that are dangerous in the air - and he is among our best finishers as well. It wasn't obvious that Ronaldo could convert from the winger position back in the days, I see a lot of the same extreme physical abilities in Bale as in Ronaldo. Not the same skill level, but the rest of their qualities are very similiar.

Just imagine what he could do with:

You forget that the Barcelona style that Rodgers copy puts a lot of off the ball demand on the midfielders.
They work their ass off to gain possession and get into positions. Midfielders need to be quick on their feet.
Modric is perfect for his style, VDV and Huddlestone perhaps not.
Don't rule out Huddlestone as central defender and VDV up front in a Barca style formation with our squad.

You forget that the Barcelona style that Rodgers copy puts a lot of off the ball demand on the midfielders.
They work their ass off to gain possession and get into positions. Midfielders need to be quick on their feet.
Modric is perfect for his style, VDV and Huddlestone perhaps not.
Don't rule out Huddlestone as central defender and VDV up front in a Barca style formation with our squad.

I would be very surprised if that happened. High pressure, means that there will be gaps at the back and when opponents get through that first pressure you need defenders that are quick and strong defensively one on one. Sandro would be a more likely centre back than Hudd in that kind of formation.

For me Hudd could easily slot into the Busquets role in a Barca type system though.

Back