• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
You guys (in the best possible way, and with no personal offense meant) are all lying pricks

All of GG would be the first to lynch Martinez/Rogers/whoever, before the first game, on the first purchase (made the week before the manager signed) that wasn't a multi million quid WC name.

Harry got Tottenham playing the best football in 20 years, 1/4 final of CL, FA Cup semi-final, we actually went through a summer without selling our best player despite a 40M offer and are actually still in a CL spot with less than 7 games to go.

Can you imagine Martinez/Rodgers losing a home game to a brick side in Novemeber with us in 10th ... hahahaha .. blood in the water ...

Look at this board this week, and remember where this club was 7 years ago, and tell me any new manger will get time or a chance, we are just as fickle as City fans ...

I agree Guardiola has an unbelievable squad of players, but you don't think he deserves any credit for winning 2 European Cups, winning 3 league titles and staving off Madrid despite their money or for the style of football that they play? It's bloody difficult to win the league every year as Arsenal and United found out in the 90s and early 2000s.

People want it both ways, they will slate Guardiola for winning with Barca, but also gloss over the fact that Mourinho always goes to clubs with either massive financial backing and/or great squads already in place, with the exception of Porto.

I'm not doubting Mourinho is a fantastic manager, but why does he need to resort to playing like Stoke whenever he plays Barca? His record against them is awful! The ironic thing is, they'd actually stand a better chance of beating Barca if they tried to play football rather than trying to kick Barca off the pitch.

Mate, both managers are very good, and deserve all the credit they get.

Imo, Mourinho has proven it more and it different leagues, hence I give him the edge. Btw, re his record against Barca, he has actually won two cup finals against them, came within a penalty kick of winning another and will likely win the league against them, probably better than any other current manager I would say.

You guys (in the best possible way, and with no personal offense meant) are all lying pricks

All of GG would be the first to lynch Martinez/Rogers/whoever, before the first game, on the first purchase (made the week before the manager signed) that wasn't a multi million quid WC name.

Harry got Tottenham playing the best football in 20 years, 1/4 final of CL, FA Cup semi-final, we actually went through a summer without selling our best player despite a 40M offer and are actually still in a CL spot with less than 7 games to go.

Can you imagine Martinez/Rodgers losing a home game to a brick side in Novemeber with us in 10th ... hahahaha .. blood in the water ...

Look at this board this week, and remember where this club was 7 years ago, and tell me any new manger will get time or a chance, we are just as fickle as City fans ...

You wanna fight? im happy to fight - I have actually not lambasted Harry and have actually been 'for him' to stay as I think he has done a very decent job

so lets fight biyatch

Sadly true.

I think, if Mourinho does want to leave Real in the summer, Levy could make a good go of selling the club to him.

He can say there has to come a point where you stop taking the biggest jobs with the most money and do something for the challenge. I mean, yeah, he could probably take the City job, spend a boatload more money and win them the league. So what? He's already done that exact thing with Chelsea. He's them proven he wasn't a one time fluke by doing it with Inter Milan, and he's now proving himself at Madrid too. If he's leaving there, why do the exact same thing again at City? Maybe he might be tempted by Chelsea, but with City and United in their way he might not want to go there and ruin his legacy.

What will he want to be rememered for? He's already won the Champions League, twice. He's won the Premier League by spending the most money. He's won the Italian League, and he may well win the Spanish League. What does the City job add to his life? He could come here, and be known as the man that challenged properly for the title with Spurs. If he could make us serious contenders, he would without doubt be known as one of the all time greats. He already will be, but this shows he can do it without the big budgets too. I think he's just sure enough of himself that he might be up for that.

Liverpool would also represent a similar challenge, but they'll be stupid enough to give Kenny another season so if Jose is leaving this summer, I think we look like his best, most exciting option.

Mourinho isn't interested in a challenge. He's interested in winning. He wanted to win the league in each of the 3 top league in Europe, and it looks like he'll do that. He's gonna come back now to the league he most enjoys managing in. We have nothing to offer him. We can't compete in the transfer market for top players who want top wages. What's he gonna do with a team that can't defend? He'll have no interest in us.

Mourinho isn't interested in a challenge. He's interested in winning. He wanted to win the league in each of the 3 top league in Europe, and it looks like he'll do that. He's gonna come back now to the league he most enjoys managing in. We have nothing to offer him. We can't compete in the transfer market for top players who want top wages. What's he gonna do with a team that can't defend? He'll have no interest in us.

Sad, but sounds true. We could always go for the 'Ginger Mou', though.

Liverpool? Why would he want to go there and ruin his chances of getting the United job when Sir Alex keels over?

I think that he is too smart to take the Utd job. Whoever takes that is going to have to put up with Ferguson hanging around like a bad smell.

I think Mancini should be in the shortlist, as a remote option at the very least. He'd either walk or be released after they finish 2nd so offering him the option to stay in England and work with a promising squad is not far fetched. Doubt he'd go back to Inter and risk losing his good name there with their current squad of utter dross. In addition to Sneijder being as good as gone, imv. I also think Balotelli would be out of the door the day afer Mancini leaves. Appears pretty much everyone's had it with him bar Roberto who essentially brought him there so he has to show some grace.

So - Arry / Nelsen / Saha / Gallas / Krunchie / Ferdinand / Sherwood - out
Mancinin / Balotelli - in

Any takers?

I'll take the out list, plus others.

fudge me, have we really sank so low that Mancini and AVB, two Managers who have made the best two teams in the country look ordinary, are considered viable options?

First rule of any Manager we get in. 4-5-1, fudge it off. Never, never, never!! Utd with a weaker team have played 4-4-2 most of the season and surprise surprise look where they are....

fudge me, have we really sank so low that Mancini and AVB, two Managers who have made the best two teams in the country look ordinary, are considered viable options?

First rule of any Manager we get in. 4-5-1, fudge it off. Never, never, never!! Utd with a weaker team have played 4-4-2 most of the season and surprise surprise look where they are....

So have we, and look where we are....

Excellent post and very true. I cannot believe our fans are complaining generally. About specific performances, yes I can understand it. About certain players, yes. But actually complaining that we are "only" 4th in the Premiership is quite frankly fudging disgusting.

Yes, having won one in nine and having just been walloped by that much better Chelsea team after switching to 4-4-2 for the last thirty minutes.

We were dead and buried before switching to 4-4-2. Walker and Ekotto had gone to bits and they were raining crosses. At 1-0 they were dominating. People forget that when the second goal went in.

I'll do my judging after 38 games thanks.

Back