• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
You guys (in the best possible way, and with no personal offense meant) are all lying pricks

All of GG would be the first to lynch Martinez/Rogers/whoever, before the first game, on the first purchase (made the week before the manager signed) that wasn't a multi million quid WC name.

Harry got Tottenham playing the best football in 20 years, 1/4 final of CL, FA Cup semi-final, we actually went through a summer without selling our best player despite a 40M offer and are actually still in a CL spot with less than 7 games to go.

Can you imagine Martinez/Rodgers losing a home game to a brick side in Novemeber with us in 10th ... hahahaha .. blood in the water ...

Look at this board this week, and remember where this club was 7 years ago, and tell me any new manger will get time or a chance, we are just as fickle as City fans ...

we are fickle?...so are the fans of about 99% of clubs

we want success, we are so close, and its frustrating that we are collapsing when it matters most....the players are taking the falk, the manager rightly is taking the flak, why the fcuk shouldnt we moan. Footballers and managers are paid fortunes to grace their presence in the beautiful game and they take the praise when things go well, and when things go t*ts up they have to take the sh*t

im sure when the new manager comes in he will struggle to keep us in the top 4, i have no doubts. The fans will get on his back, he will have to cope. From my point of view id simply like to see something a bit different, Redknapp is now so easy to read, the team is predictable in personnel and tactics employed, we are unimaginative in the transfer market and tbh it would be nice to see something different on the pitch with new players, new manager, new ideas/tactics.

Time for a change

According to Bluemoon ITK, it's Brendan Rogers??

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=253745

Also, according to same ITK, Danamy or summat, his latest post has Jose returning to England, City being his preferred destination.

Have no idea on this lad's credentials as I don't frequent the forum but I thought it was a bit of an open secret that Jose will be go to United as and when Fergie decides to hang up the hairdryer? Ho-hum...

TOTTENHAM plan to move for Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers if the FA come calling for Harry Redknapp.

Aapproach for Spurs manager Redknapp is expected soon, with Euro 2012 now just eight weeks away.

Ideally Tottenham would install Carlo Ancelotti as Redknapp’s replacement but the ex-Chelsea chief would have to be sacked by Paris St-Germain for that to happen.

And, although PSG have won only one of their last five games as they battle for the French title with Montpellier, Ancelotti is expected to keep his job even if they finish second.

The wheels have come off for Spurs since Fabio Capello quit as England boss in February and Redknapp was installed as the hot favourite to step into his shoes.

They were thumped 5-1 by Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final and their league form has been so poor there is a danger they could miss out on Champions League qualification.

Rodgers has impressed Spurs’ hierarchy with his style of football — and ability to achieve success on a limited budget.

Everton’s David Moyes has also been linked as a possible replacement.

TOTTENHAM plan to move for Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers if the FA come calling for Harry Redknapp.

Aapproach for Spurs manager Redknapp is expected soon, with Euro 2012 now just eight weeks away.

Ideally Tottenham would install Carlo Ancelotti as Redknapp’s replacement but the ex-Chelsea chief would have to be sacked by Paris St-Germain for that to happen.

And, although PSG have won only one of their last five games as they battle for the French title with Montpellier, Ancelotti is expected to keep his job even if they finish second.

The wheels have come off for Spurs since Fabio Capello quit as England boss in February and Redknapp was installed as the hot favourite to step into his shoes.

They were thumped 5-1 by Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final and their league form has been so poor there is a danger they could miss out on Champions League qualification.

Rodgers has impressed Spurs’ hierarchy with his style of football — and ability to achieve success on a limited budget.

Everton’s David Moyes has also been linked as a possible replacement.

The only thing with Rodgers is that I'm not sure if it's in keeping with Bale and Lennon's strengths. To make the most of them I think you want them to stick to the touchline and get the ball to them as soon as possible. Rodgers seems to prefer a patient possession game, which might not suit those two as much.

The only thing with Rodgers is that I'm not sure if it's in keeping with Bale and Lennon's strengths. To make the most of them I think you want them to stick to the touchline and get the ball to them as soon as possible. Rodgers seems to prefer a patient possession game, which might not suit those two as much.

But if you watch a Swansea game, he usually has Sinclair and Dyer on both wings, usually neither of them go roaming the way Bale does, they very rarely switch neither and you do usually just see them both stuck to the wings. Although that doesn't mean he will do the same with us if he does come in, I mean we are a different team and he might see similar to Harry and think Bale roaming is a good thing

I think they can work in Rodgers' system. If Routledge, Sinclair and Dyer can then I reckon Bale and Lennon can. They both have a good first touch and can play in tight areas - plus if teams decide to double team them and we play at a slower pace, it's going to leave massive gaps for the striker or the attacking midfielder, whoever they may be, to exploit.

I think that's the problem with trying to hit them quickly at times. If they are double teamed and we look for the quick pass, it either isn't on and we haven't got the attacking thrust in the middle to do anything with it, or we try and force it and it just gets intercepted. If they get double teamed, we can wait patiently for that space to appear and if it doesn't, hold on to the ball, pull the opposition defence apart and wait until it does.

That said, I'd hope teams at the top level are a bit more adaptable than how I've made out, and the players a bit cleverer. One of the things I like about Harry is that we aren't married to a particular system, we can play the right one depending on the situation. That of course means Harry needs to set the team up right every time, but the players also need to make the right decisions if they are given the freedom to do so. That means playing it quick when it's on, keeping it patient when it's right to do so. I hope if we do have Rodgers that we will still be able to counter attack and exploit the space where possible, and won't simply slow it down because that's what the system tells us to do.

I'm sure it will be fine though, of course top level teams will counter attack when it's on. I think I'm just thinking more negatively about it now it looks like it's a serious possibility!

Ideally Tottenham would install Carlo Ancelotti as RedknappÔÇÖs replacement but the ex-Chelsea chief would have to be sacked by Paris St-Germain for that to happen.

Rodgers has impressed SpursÔÇÖ hierarchy with his style of football ÔÇö and ability to achieve success on a limited budget.

EvertonÔÇÖs David Moyes has also been linked as a possible replacement.

and thats why its essential we have a manager who at least preaches good football

i dont think the money will be there over the next 3 or 4 years to spend in the transfer market, because of the new stadium build, so all thats left for us fans is to see something pleasant on the pitch in terms of the football we play

Only other thing that now worries me with Rodgers is hopefully the players listen to him and respect him. But we have a young team and the veterans we do have don't seem to have the inflated opinion of themselves that Chelsea's do, so they probably will.

...and maybe Martinez is that little bit more adapable depending on the game. I'm not sure. fudge it, I trust Levy. Any manager is going to be a gamble. Hopefully one will pay off for us.

and thats why its essential we have a manager who at least preaches good football

i dont think the money will be there over the next 3 or 4 years to spend in the transfer market, because of the new stadium build, so all thats left for us fans is to see something pleasant on the pitch in terms of the football we play

Is winning 11 games out of 34 being a success ?

I think they can work in Rodgers' system. If Routledge, Sinclair and Dyer can then I reckon Bale and Lennon can. They both have a good first touch and can play in tight areas - plus if teams decide to double team them and we play at a slower pace, it's going to leave massive gaps for the striker or the attacking midfielder, whoever they may be, to exploit.

I think that's the problem with trying to hit them quickly at times. If they are double teamed and we look for the quick pass, it either isn't on and we haven't got the attacking thrust in the middle to do anything with it, or we try and force it and it just gets intercepted. If they get double teamed, we can wait patiently for that space to appear and if it doesn't, hold on to the ball, pull the opposition defence apart and wait until it does.

That said, I'd hope teams at the top level are a bit more adaptable than how I've made out, and the players a bit cleverer. One of the things I like about Harry is that we aren't married to a particular system, we can play the right one depending on the situation. That of course means Harry needs to set the team up right every time, but the players also need to make the right decisions if they are given the freedom to do so. That means playing it quick when it's on, keeping it patient when it's right to do so. I hope if we do have Rodgers that we will still be able to counter attack and exploit the space where possible, and won't simply slow it down because that's what the system tells us to do.

I'm sure it will be fine though, of course top level teams will counter attack when it's on. I think I'm just thinking more negatively about it now it looks like it's a serious possibility!

Swansea's attractive brand of football and ability to keep hold of the ball, even against the top sides, must come from their training sessions. Can you imagine what he could get our squad doing with those training methods!

In general, his tactics seem to be good in most games too, got it spot on against the scum.

Swansea's attractive brand of football and ability to keep hold of the ball, even against the top sides, must come from their training sessions. Can you imagine what he could get our squad doing with those training methods!

In general, his tactics seem to be good in most games too, got it spot on against the scum.

It's part training, but a big part of it is their transfer strategy, they never buy anyone who can't fit into their pass and move style. To play the same way with Spurs would take more than just training.

I think we already have alot of talented players who can keep the ball perfectly.

Modric,VdV,Huddlestone,Kranjcar,Bale and Lennon(their short passes are very good IMO),Parker(as long as he keeps it simple)

Back