• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Benitez is the leading candidate:

- Title with Tenerife (don't know how impressive this is, to be honest)
- 2 La Liga titles with Valencia (first title in 31 years)
- UEFA Cup, FA Cup & Champions League with Liverpool...Liverpool!
- Realising Gerrard is not a central midfielder (certainly not in a 4-4-2) and converting him into a brilliant right winger
- Buying 3 genuinely world class players in Mascherano, Alonso and Torres
- Understanding the importance of ball retention in midfield - Mascherano and Alonso
- In theory, being Spanish should be a massive advantage with the wealth of Spanish talent out there

I know he bought a lot of dross (notably Keane and arguably Aquilani), but there were some other good signings aside from the above, like Reina (?ú6M), Garcia (?ú6M), Bellamy (?ú6M), Skrtl (?ú6M) and Agger (?ú5.8M). He was very close to putting together a brilliant team: Reina, X, Skrtl, Agger, X, Mascherano, Alonso, X, X, Gerrard, Torres.

Hmmm. I just find Benitez so unlikable. I suppose his time at Liverpool would be considered a success... and he did push United all the way one season. I dunno, very undecided about fat spanish waiter.

It's Rogers or Moyes, from the top.

Someone at the top tell you or are you regurgitating rumour from elsewhere?

More and more Im sold on Rodgers, I think it would be an exciting move.

While I would support Moyes I just cant seem him hitting it off here (thinking Graham MKII). I have a mate with an Everton season ticket and he is certain Moyes is going nowhere and really has the bit between his teeth at Everton.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Benitez is the leading candidate:

- Title with Tenerife (don't know how impressive this is, to be honest)
- 2 La Liga titles with Valencia (first title in 31 years)
- UEFA Cup, FA Cup & Champions League with Liverpool...Liverpool!
- Realising Gerrard is not a central midfielder (certainly not in a 4-4-2) and converting him into a brilliant right winger
- Buying 3 genuinely world class players in Mascherano, Alonso and Torres
- Understanding the importance of ball retention in midfield - Mascherano and Alonso
- In theory, being Spanish should be a massive advantage with the wealth of Spanish talent out there

I know he bought a lot of dross (notably Keane and arguably Aquilani), but there were some other good signings aside from the above, like Reina (?ú6M), Garcia (?ú6M), Bellamy (?ú6M), Skrtl (?ú6M) and Agger (?ú5.8M). He was very close to putting together a brilliant team: Reina, X, Skrtl, Agger, X, Mascherano, Alonso, X, X, Gerrard, Torres.

Benitez is, IMHO (and despite his notable successes) diabolical in the transfet market. His turnover of players is frankly ridiculous, Im sure he had at least 60 transfers in in 6 years - thats 10 new players a season.

Of course not all were for the first team, but it was just constant transition.

Aside from that I NEVER enjoyed their style of play. There was one season where they scored more goals that anyone, and even then they were incredibly dull (how is that possible!)

Most notably though I think Benitez is a flake, I dont think he carried himself well and became ever more erratic whenever pressure mounted.

I wouldn't mind Rafa

Tactically astute and his defensive organisation is very good + with our attacking players; It should be pretty good combination.

I wish the people who just throw names out (or pull them out their ass) would do a little thinking. For all the Harry out now people, lets discuss a replacement based on what that person should bring to the table.

The reason I say this is, all I here is "a tactical manager with emphasis on modern approach", and I think .. hmmmm ... Ramos/AVB? that worked well.

Let's look at it from the point of view of, what does it take, who has been successful in the EPL?

- So lets get the first elephant in the room out, no English manager has been, Redknapp is probably as close to the top as that goes.
- Second, Jose Mourinho, yes, tactical, press manipulator, good at ego management, usually requires big budget for players, imo, a one off, if available and willing = absolutely, no one else quite in that bracket (his prodigy = AVB)

- SAF, not a tactician, more of a disciplinarian that demands a level from players and can do so because he is bigger than anything else at club and can afford to freeze out assets of the price of Stam/Beckham. Again, more of a one of a kind
- Wenger, not a tactician in terms of, there is only Plan A, more of a c*nt creator (in terms of the attitude he instills in players), does have a system/style of play for club.

And that sadly has been it for the PL era

- No young and upcoming talents
- No international manager sensations
- Probably the comonality is spend big on players and wages more than anything else.

I wouldn't mind Rafa

Tactically astute and his defensive organisation is very good + with our attacking players; It should be pretty good combination.

Disaster, this is the guy who said "I know Bale very well and we have nothing to fear from him"

Benitez would bring a CC or FA cup win with the current squad, but get us 10-12th place, total incompetance when it comes to EPL play, and would drive everyone crazy with stupid subs and players out of position.

Please GHod not Benitez. He signed 76 players for 1/4 of a billion pounds while at Liverpool. The man doesn't know a good player from a bad one. Tactical he may be more astute than Harry but his transfer dealings have been nothing short of catastrophic. Spurs don't have the endless overseas marketing revenue on tap like 'pool so this marriage would be doomed to failure in my opinion.

Obviously I'd like Mourinho but that's not going to happen so we have to take a punt on someone like Rodgers or AVB, though each is a gamble.

I think we have a big failure at coaching level. I seriously think that our coaches are nothing more than an old boys club. To succeed you need to qualified coaches who are experts in their field, and we don't have anything close. I think there are massive lessons to be learned from American football on the attention to detail which is sadly missing from our preparation. As Roy Keane once said, "fail to prepare, prepare to fail"

Someone at the top tell you or are you regurgitating rumour from elsewhere?

More and more Im sold on Rodgers, I think it would be an exciting move.

While I would support Moyes I just cant seem him hitting it off here (thinking Graham MKII). I have a mate with an Everton season ticket and he is certain Moyes is going nowhere and really has the bit between his teeth at Everton.

Levy's Dad

If we do not replace Rednapp this summer we will be having the same debates this time next year, he needs to go he is not going to take us anywere.

He's not liked, not by the club and not by the players, apparently. They're fed up with 'it's all about HR', and the press

Rafael Benitez
Slaven Bilic
Andre Villas Boas
Jurgen Klinsmann
Paul Lambert
Roberto Martinez
David Moyes
Harry Redknapp
Brendan Rodgers

Who would we choose from that list?

Last edited:
Rafael Benitez
Slaven Bilic
Andre Villas Boas
Jurgen Klinsmann
Paul Lambert
David Moyes
Harry Redknapp
Brendan Rodgers

Who would we choose from that list?

can you please put Martinez there, he is as much a possibility as AVB, Rodgers and Lambert

Back