• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
Fair enough. Has a decent CV behind him. Certainly better than Rodgers or Moyes. Where would we be if Harry didn't inherit Modic and Bale? You could say that about any manager.
I also dont think Liverpool were as dour as people are making out.

Our recent performances haven't exactly been awe inspiring either.

that's a fair comment about Redknapp and i have my reservations about how far he would have taken us had we not already had several talented players and several with potential here already. but we're looking for someone to take us on from here, not repeat what has been done before. im all for the likes of Rodgers as i want to give a young British manager a chance and show that there is some amount of myth that you need a 'proven' manager to succeed, a young English manager with tactical nous and has shown he can play effective yet stylish football is exactly what im looking for

i don't agree with the 'Liverpool weren't as dour as people make out' comment, fair enough it's your opinion but if memory serves they were one of the worst 'footballing' sides in the league at the time - regularly boring opponents to death

Last edited:
I was please Everton lost , because hopefully it will make it less likely we get Moyes.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have shown you can buy good players with no money.

Moyes bought Jamie Beckford, he really does not have a particularly good record in the transfer market.

If you want a boring manager, who will win nothing, not be successful and play boring football , then Moyes is definitely your man.

If I was Levy I would defintely interview Benitez for the job. Definitely.

Rodgers has had one season in the prem. Benitez haswon the champions league, got to the final on several occasions, finished second in the prem.

His team with Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard etc was lot easier on the eye than people give credit for.

Not saying i would necessarily appoint him but he would be one of the front runners.

I think that there are serious questions over his judgement. I wouldn't want anyone who wanted to replace Alonso with Garry Barry anywhere near the club.

Fans need to start moving away from the obsession with transfer fees anyway, it is wages which are the big cost for clubs and it is that which is a bigger barrier to getting better players.

Beckford was on a free and cant imagine his wages was too high - so that was a low risk transfer.

How many on here argue that we should give some of these young championship strikers a go?

I mean I look at La Fondre and think he could come in and do a job against the lowly sides in the premiership. I look at Lambert and think yeah why not. Not as first choice strikers but as a third choice back up when we are playing the likes of swansea or in Carling cup etc

Precisely - recent performance.

With Benny Hill it would be - permanent. I will not accept Benny Hill. Also dont forget he will go back to Liverscum when they sack KKK. Liverscum never let go of the past their ****ing fans just want to rotate around between Benny Hill and KKK

Fair enough. I still think he got them performing very consistantly for a long period of time.

I'd say also that games such as the wins at west brom and fulham could easily have gone the other way and we played far from sparkling football. Geordies away as well was hardly a classic perfomance. But I know that every team could say that and bottom line is the three points. I just think people are stretching the preceived beauty of our game a little far.

In my opinion, Benitez has by far the best CV of the likely candidates.

that's a fair comment about Redknapp and i have my reservations about how far he would have taken us had we not already had several talented players and several with potential here already. but we're looking for someone to take us on from here, not repeat what has been done before. im all for the likes of Rodgers as i want to give a young British manager a chance and show that there is some amount of myth that you need a 'proven' manager to succeed, a young English manager with tactical nous and has shown he can play effective yet stylish football is exactly what im looking for

i don't agree with the 'Liverpool weren't as dour as people make out' comment, fair enough it's your opinion but if memory serves they were one of the worst 'footballing' sides in the league at the time - regularly boring opponents to death

Fair enough. I just think that maybe if you want to go to the next level, and there is a manager on the market who has done that and acheived champions league success with two clubs, then you'd be silly not to give him a second thought.

I think that there are serious questions over his judgement. I wouldn't want anyone who wanted to replace Alonso with Garry Barry anywhere near the club.

Thats true, Antonio Nunez for example. But...

Mourinho: Jarisik, Kezman big moey on Ferrera
Fergie: Djemba Djemba, Obertan etc
Harry: Nelsen, Saha etc

every manager chooses a few shockers.

Anyway I know i'm in a minority (probably of one), it just seems a bit ludicrous some would jump at Rodgers without considering a Benitez.

With the Inter thing he was on to a loser anyway; stepping into a treble winning, ageing Mourinho Inter side was a recipe for disaster. THe following managers have faired little better also.

EDIT: maybe next time i'll respond with one post rather than three - just noticed that.

Anyway I know i'm in a minority (probably of one), it just seems a bit ludicrous some would jump at Rodgers without considering a Benitez.

With the Inter thing he was on to a loser anyway; stepping into a treble winning, ageing Mourinho Inter side was a recipe for disaster. THe following managers have faired little better also.

EDIT: maybe next time i'll respond with one post rather than three - just noticed that.

:eek:=;[-(

I say Nelsen as its a good example of crap management.

We bought Bassong for good money, he had a really promising first season, we then sign Kaboul and Bassong loses all confidence and never plays again.

He then regresses to the point where we farm him out on loan and bring in 34 year old Nelsen to replace him. He was a great looking prospect and decent footballer that we paid a large sum of money for.

Now were admitting that free transfers from relegation candidates are a better bet. Doesn't say much for man management skills in that instance.

Neither of ours are shockers. Both are good players that have a role to play in our squad. Both were also free so no risk at all.

I say Nelsen as its a good example of crap management.

We bought Bassong for good money, he had a really promising first season, we then sign Kaboul and Bassong loses all confidence and never plays again.

He then regresses to the point where we farm him out on loan and bring in 34 year old Nelsen to replace him. He was a great looking prospect and decent footballer that we paid a large sum of money for.

Now were admitting that free transfers from relegation candidates are a better bet. Doesn't say much for man management skills in that instance.

Bassong isn't good enough. We signed Kaboul and Gallas and they both end up getting loads of games ahead of him because they are both better than Bassong. Bassong himself then goes on to prove himself incapable of being a squad player as he somehow needs 10+ games in a row to start performing or whatever the excuse is.

So we bring in a 34 year old experienced no nonsense defender who can be a squad player, who is an international captain and who despite playing for a Blackburn in complete shambles (or rather, not playing because their inept owners can't afford to pay him some bonus that he would get if he played more games or something) is a good, solid Premier League defender - and has been for many years.

Why not keep the other thread for pouring bile onto Harry and keep this thread for a constructive debate on the next manager?

I'd have David Moyes tomorrow. All this nonsense about playing boring football etc is unfair on him. He's done a remarkable job with the resources he's had. If Modric or whoever dosen't think he's a big enough name the tinkle off to Chelsea. I can't believe anyone would want Rodgers over Moyes! One good season doesn't make a good manager.

I might be having selective memory here and I didn't see the game yesterday, but, Everton don't seem to turn up for big games

I've decided I really want AVB in this summer. He's young, he won't buy crocked, 34 year old players, and he'll be determined to stick it up Chelski.

Yes, he failed there, but mainly because of behind the scenes politics in my opinion. Di Matteo is enjoying the honeymoon period at the moment, but how long until Terry or Lampard don't agree with something he does, fall out with him and he becomes a dead man walking?

He can also speak English, which is the key ingredient for a foreign manager to be successful. So I say we take a risk on him.

I've decided I really want AVB in this summer. He's young, he won't buy crocked, 34 year old players, and he'll be determined to stick it up Chelski.

Yes, he failed there, but mainly because of behind the scenes politics in my opinion. Di Matteo is enjoying the honeymoon period at the moment, but how long until Terry or Lampard don't agree with something he does, fall out with him and he becomes a dead man walking?

He can also speak English, which is the key ingredient for a foreign manager to be successful. So I say we take a risk on him.

Wouldn't be a terrible shout. He would, like Rodgers implement a system and provided the players take to it (they aren't ****s like Chelsea players so I'm pretty hopeful that they would) it could see us over-perform and that's what we need to happen. The system needs to make the players perform above their expectation level, rather than letting the players play to their level if we are going to progress.

Back