• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
It's utterly pointless to get hot under the collar about opinions as to which manager will be best for Spurs.

None of us know how good or successful or suited to Spurs any of them would be. It's all just guesswork. There is no right or wrong. So can we cease with the bickering and patronising, please?

Oh, and kd, I believe that the main point that ArcspacE is trying to make is that, despite being considered by many to be the "safe" choice, Moyes has no more proved himself capable of taking a club to (or keeping it at) the heights to which Spurs aspire than any of the other candidates. Which is true.

de39cb6af8308f6d18dfb50f677177b3.gif

Let me try one last time - didn't you claim few days ago AVB's record in Portugal means fudge all because their league is a joke (crazy comment btw) - do you then see how looking at Moyes' record at a big club and Arry's/Pardew's at some relegation fodder make sense in terms of comparing apples with apples? We need to look at Prem records objectively, imv
As for Everton's past history - made a reference to showcase their stature as one of the Prem's big club (comparable to us in many ways, we haven't won the league in 50 years, are we also small time then) - something which you found hilarious few posts back. So in summary

- Moyes is at a Top 8 club already
- He has maintained Top 8 finish for a decade
- Him arriving at another Top 8-6 club - what is there for you to indicate great potential

Take your own advice ffs.

"Moyes is at a top 8 club already" choosing to totally ignore the FACTthat Everton were no where near that level before joined and were actually figningting relegation scraps (surviving by the skin of their teeth at times).

"Maintained top 8 finish" you make me laugh. Ok let me just show you how utterly fudging ridiculous your point is (i'm pretty sure you know how ridiculous it is being that you've failed to post up the history of Leeds United, Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa),

After a few seasons where Everton have been in a relegation dog fight and have no cash to spend, do you think fans were saying to one another upon Moyes arrival that we should be fighting a for the title or finishing in the top 6 because we won the league in 1894 or because we won the FA cup in 1908,....no because nobody with a half a brain thinks that way. Your weirdo argument about past history is such a fudging joke because you're literally missing out years of utter crap and relegation scraps JUST BEFORE Moyes took charge but you're including achievements from well before that. I mean it's utter madness but whatever floats your boat.

It's almost as ridiculous as claiming Everton's average league finishes is a method in which we can make a judgement on David Moyes' vision. Utter rubbish.

It's utterly pointless to get hot under the collar about opinions as to which manager will be best for Spurs.

None of us know how good or successful or suited to Spurs any of them would be. It's all just guesswork. There is no right or wrong. So can we cease with the bickering and patronising, please?

Oh, and kd, I believe that the main point that ArcspacE is trying to make is that, despite being considered by many to be the "safe" choice, Moyes has no more proved himself capable of taking a club to (or keeping it at) the heights to which Spurs aspire than any of the other candidates. Which is true.

There's no manager out there that's a safe bet besides Mourinho and Hiddink imo. Moyes certainly is not a "safe bet" but he's a safer bet than Blanc and AVB that's for sure.

I don't agree with Nayim saying Everton play defensive football but if that's what he thinks then it's understandable why he doesn't want Moyes. He's thinking style of football doesn't suit ours so i get why he's of the opinion that Moyes isn't a good option (i disagree with it but i get what made him come to that conclusion). I do not get how you base a managers vision on average league positions though (which is why i brought up Arry and Pardew), and i defintely don't get why you bring up previous history of a club (yes i now get Arcspace was comparing their history with ours but it's still stupid being that they were a club fighting relegation pre Moyes) so he's obviously done something damn good there.

Think i'd pick martinez if I had to choose right now

I am intrigued by Martinez. I like the way he analyses games and I think he has brought the best out of players like victor moses and connor salmon. My reservations with him is that his win percentage is still poor at wigan and when they lose it is usually badly (9-1 anyone?) suggesting he may not be the best defensive manager. I think to win trophies you haveto start with a sound defence. KD Moyes also intrigues me and his qualities are well known, taking championship level players and making them play well bringing through youngsters while still consistently being around the top 5. I conclude from this that he works to a system like Wenger and Ferguson rather than basing play on individual players. That said, the big downside for me is the system seems more Allardyce than Rodgers.

Wow, KingDawson - you seem to have yet again missed the entire point and made this personal

They also finished 17th and 11th under Moyes - btw

Villa and Leeds are irrelevant - their managers aren't not being discussed here. We are talking about David Moyes who has maintained a Top 8 finish on average for a decade - that is a fact as much as you choose to belittle, ignore it or throw around insults.

If you fail to understand how his Everton achievements over the last decade is a fairly objective comparison to our post (a lot more than Redknapp's in the Championship) then quite frankly theire is little to discuss forward but spare me your insults beacuse quite frankly you're making yourself look pathetic and immature for someone who usually offers quite a lot to this forum

You're clearly on a wind up today and juging by your patronising/insultic tone, I rather quit now before I end up with an infraction. More reminder that I shouldn't bite to people who think Gomez is a League 2 player.

You're never more than 8 feet from a row on here are ya?? It's Sunday morning people, the sun will be shining in a few hours, Bale MIGHT be staying (OK, I'm ignoring Luka, he's dead to me now) and England are in the Euro Quarters tonight...

there's MUCH to be happy about, so please can people stop bitching about the merits/disadvantages of an as yet hypothetical Spurs manager...

...you watch, it'll end up being a Hoddle/Santini dream team, and catching us all off guard... then we'll feel stoopid!!

Wow, KingDawson - you seem to have yet again missed the entire point and made this personal

Villa and Leeds are irrelevant - their managers aren't not being discussed here. We are talking about David Moyes who has maintained a Top 8 finish on average for a decade - that is a fact as much as you choose to belittle, ignore it or throw around insults.

If you fail to understand how his Everton achievements over the last decade is a fairly objective comparison to our post (a lot more than Redknapp's in the Championship) then quite frankly theire is little to discuss forward but spare me your insults beacuse quite frankly you're making yourself look pathetic and immature for someone who usually offers quite a lot to this forum

You're clearly on a wind up today and juging by your patronising/insultic tone, I rather quit now before I end up with an infraction. More reminder that I shouldn't bite to people who think Gomez is a League 2 player.

I'm the one on a wind up :ross:

Yep the last sentence really shows it's me that's on the wind up:ross:

Whatever you think of Moyes, using what Everton did hundreds of years ago as a stick to beat him with is pretty silly.

How ironic Blanc lost 2 games on the trot as soon as his name was linked with us, ending his 23 game unbeaten run

1882 would conclude this is nothing less than the Tottenham curse :D

Last edited:
How ironic Blanc lost 2 games on the trot as soon as his name was linked with us, ending his 23 game unbeaten run

1882 would conclude this is nothing less than the Tottenahm curse :D

...and how right you would be!! You watch, Martinez will finally get Wigan relegated next season now!! :lol:

(have you and Kingdawson kissed and made up yet BTW??)

KD - you disagree, cool, please explain then how Moyes/Evertons style of football is suitable to Spurs

Nah not disagreeing with his brand of football being different to the style we're used too (no way defensive and negative imo but agree that's it's not typical spurs style). I'm disagreeing more with the notion that just because he plays a style of football that is different to ours, he won't be able to adopt to our style or at the maybe even tweak it so that it would go with the principles of his traditional style of play whilst fitting in with our typical brand of football. Harry wasn't playing this type of football in his Pompey days.

I believe that a good manager can tweak his style or prefered formation based on the team he's managing and the squad he's adopted. Of course you get the occasion bozo that adopts a group of players that are in no way, shape or form able to play his prefered formation and style but the bozo manager plays it anyway and gets his ass fired after 6 months. Then complains afterwards about his team not being able to play his style of play....i prefer us to stay clear of those sorts of managers tbh.

Nah not disagreeing with his brand of football being different to the style we're used too (no way defensive and negative imo but agree that's it's not typical spurs style). I'm disagreeing more with the notion that just because he plays a style of football that is different to ours, he won't be able to adopt to our style or at the maybe even tweak it so that it would go with the principles of his traditional style of play whilst fitting in with our typical brand of football. Harry wasn't playing this type of football in his Pompey days.

The difference for me is that at West Ham and Pompey Harry was trying to. Moyes isnt and never has.

The whole point I was making is a simple one, one of two things happen upon Moyes taking over
1) He keeps his style. It doesnt suit. Big pressure from all sides.

2) He changes his style... Well - what does that mean?

It means a manager of 10 years established in one line of thinking does an about face and tries something new. Not the 'something' that got him the job! Its a risk, a big change for him, and so at that point any talk of his being a steady or safe appointment goes out the window - because that talk is based upon what we know he does...

its what he does when he doesnt agree with you

i just think that what Moyes has achieved with Everton has little bearing on what he would do with us - it's been discussed before that a managers record in the league at different clubs has little relation to what they will go on to do at a new one and that using their record as the main reason to back them, imo, is naive (?) (his consistent league finishes seem to be the main reason you back him, is that fair to say ?)

take away his league finishes at Everton and describe what he has that he could bring here - all i can think of is that he gets the best out of a small squad of players ?

what do we want from a new manager? and has Moyes shown he is capable of that ?

im not saying he doesn't have the required skills, but id be interested to see what those that back him think he has that we can expect him to bring here - maybe i would be more happy with the thought of him here if i heard something other than he's got plucky little Everton to the top 8

the way i see it he has been there 10 years and they haven't really moved on in that time (once he got them away from the bottom of the table) the team he has built there is all his and it is rather uninspiring, imv. he has done well to work on a small budget, but does that mean we can be confident of him working on a big(ger) budget? he has little pressure from above to achieve anything - would he be able to cope with having the expectation the Spurs job would bring ? would he be able to adapt to a new style of play - how confident are you he could smoothly make that change - what's to suggest he can do that and do it successfully ?

for me all the big questions with regards to Moyes are all left unanswered - he may prove to be a good appointment - but i don't think there is much to make an informed decision on

Last edited:
Back