• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
Why judge him on age? Either he is good enough or not. His age wasn't held against him in Portugal where he enjoyed massive success, why would it be an issue now? As well as that, our squad is broadly quite young, unlike Chesea where the big players were his age

As Prince Regent, in the absence of his father (who was fighting wars abroad), Alexander the Great was successfully leading armies and quelling rebellion at the age of 16. He succeeded to the throne of Macedon at the age of 20. Within a few years, he was conquering the mighty Persian empire and taking his devoted army ever deeper into uncharted Asia. By the age of 32, when he died, he had amassed one of the biggest contiguous empires the world has ever seen.

Age isn't an issue if a man knows how to lead (though that isn't to say that AVB is necessarily such a man).

That wasn't a good read in the slightest but it fits into what you believe hence you stating it's a good read. If you read that from a totally objective viewpoint the article is basically not saying anything.

Anyway you post now is what i'm refering to when i continuously say "what i read". These sorts of things do nothing for me but for others it seems to excite them. I've seen the man they're talking about in this article and based on what i've seen it's a no. Maybe if i didn't see him and read hundreds of pro AVB articles regurgitating how fantastic he is tactically i might get a tiny bit drawn in.

Fair enough. I didn't mean it was a good read in that it was a great piece of journalism, more that it was something easy on a Sunday morning.

But with Moyes, I just don't see how he suits us. His skills are finding low cost players and making them play at a top 10 PL level. His skills are at making a team hard to beat. Yes players respect him, but they will respect any manager of ours that is successful. He is a reactive manager. He prefers to shut up shop rather than kill teams off. He prefers nullifying opposition strengths to exploiting our own. Those are some fair points made in that blog post.

At least with Harry, his skill was making good players play to their level. You could see that at West Ham and Pompey, if he was given good players, he would get the best out of them - and play in a nice style. Always likely that those skills would be transferred to us, and they were. But Moyes has a very different MO. I think this article has been posted a number of times, but pretty much sums up why I wouldn't want Moyes. http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/mar/12/david-moyes-harry-redknapp-tactical-breakdown

A question for those that want AVB as our next manager. Outline what you see as legitimate concerns about AVB and then explain why you do not think that these are a problem.

Simply put, the big legitimate concern is that he is some massively arrogant tosser that doesn't get on with players - as he has been painted by the English media. In actual fact, it seems like it isn't the case at all. He fosters a team spirit. Players seem to adore and respect him. He says that his door is always open to talk about any issue, be it professional or personal. A big part of his management success seems to be from understanding the human element of the game, and motivating players. Sometimes Porto would come in having played averagely in the first half, and score 5 in the second. Analysts said he had changed the team shape but he and his players insisted that it was not changed, it just great motivation that changed in the second half.

Also, people have said that the new manager is going to have to be good with the media - I don't think AVB is in the sense that people want him to be. He certainly won't be like Harry. He has no qualms about going on the attach at press conferences and did so with Porto. But he does take as long as is necessary to answer every single question in as much detail as possible, and that should be appreciated eventually. I think there will be some serious PR work to paint him in a more positive light if he is unveiled.

A question for those that want AVB as our next manager. Outline what you see as legitimate concerns about AVB and then explain why you do not think that these are a problem.

Legitimate concerns have been done to death, ultimately it comes down to how much stock you put into them.

His lack of experience is a legitimate concern. Only a few years actively managing. That said, everyone needs to start somewhere, and if AVB is to be as good as some think then now is the time to go for him - otherwise he will be out of our league before long.

His insistence on a high defensive line at Chelsea, despite it not working. Concerns me a lot. I consider that we have players more able to implement his preferred system, so that in itself isnt an issue - but his insistence on stubbornly using it despite it not working at Chelsea worries me. I can only hope its something he has learnt from.

His "players must celebrate with me" and break down of relations with the media concern me. It shows that he got sucked into the situation instead of managing it. In some ways I think its tied into his commitment to the role, he seems to take it very personally and have a near obsessive desire to do the job thoroughly - a commendable value - but he took it to far here. Again, I think the players are less likely than those at Chelsea to create this situation so Im less inclined to worry about it, but the fact it happened concerns me. Once again I can only hope he has learnt from this as well.

Reading up on his time at both Academia and Porto it is clear he was able to build a very good relationship with the squad, so at present Chelsea is the exception more than the rule.

AVB isnt perfect, thats for sure.

He does, however, have a lot of very positive attributes I believe to be in line with what this team needs to take it forward. I also think he is well suited to the club.

Any managerial appointment is a risk, its about weighing the positives against the negatives.

For me AVB comes out as a positive over all.

If you can be bothered would be interested in some detail on the training etc, read some articles on his methods and liked what they were saying. Everything is apparently centred aound in game scenarios...

Yep that's exactly what it is. Tactical periodisation is what it's termed as. Everything is with the ball. It's what Mourinho uses too. The idea is that usually physical, technical, tactical and psychological aspects of training are all coached individually, but with this system, it is all brought together. All intensity and fast paced. Good quote from a guy in the book: 'In order to learn how to play the piano, a pianist doesn't run around it, he simply plays the piano.' Actually there's some nice bullet points there too that sum it up:

- The tactical component commands the entire training process. The other components (physical, tactical, and psychological) should arise in the match model adopted by the coach.
- The work is carried out at high levels of intensity.
- The volume (time of execution) never impairs the intensity (speed of execution) of the exercises.
- The exercises are created to mirror match situations.
- The exercises must be motivating and enjoyable, always maintaining a competitive spirit so as to promote the concentration levels of the players.
- Being fit means being able to comply with the demands of the game plan adopted, not simply being well physically.
- The weekly tactical plan is drawn up in relation to the next opponent.

Some quite obvious stuff there but it's a good insight. It then also says that it should be noted that this training methodology demands a great deal of imagination from the coach, especially as he has to constantly create exercises, both in terms of quantity (so as to not tire the players) and in terms of of quality (so that practice is carried out as much as possible in relation to the upcoming opponent).

Other than training, I'll just do a quick flick through the book and pick out any points that may be of interest to anyone...

For him, man marking doesn't exist. He says that if the team presses the way he wants it to and limits the action areas of the opposition then they are already half way to a good result.

Even at Academica, he got a team that was bottom of the league and looking certain to be relegated, to playing a good possession football in the way that he desires. So I think that flies in the face of both the Moyes argument (he can only work with what he is given) and also the Chelsea argument, that he persisted with tactics that didn't suit the players. If Academica could pull it off successfully, surely Chelsea's players could have given it more of a bash?

This is a quote that was told to AVB by a well respected sports professor that also influenced Mourinho, so forms a big basis of AVB's thinking as a manager: 'Football more than anything, more than a physical activity, is a human activity. That is, the human factor is always the most important, and therefore a coach, any coach during his moments of reflection must ask himself the following question: What type of person do I want to be created from the players I lead? Because in football, a player must develop himself in a team, without being reduced to the team.' This is basically saying that he places importance on the human factor, and that he wants players to develop freedom within the team. AVB said 'I am not a dictator as I encourage freedom of choice among my players. They can only achieve their true potential if they are not shackled. Creativity in my players is important. I love the unpredictable part of the game, I strongly believe that player must express themselves and make choices during the game.' This should alleviate any worries some of Harry's boys might have that they will have too many boring tactical speeches to follow. They will still be given freedom to express themselves. But within a set structure.

He believes football is chaotic and encourages the team to embrace that. He doesn't like to have a rigid tactical plan for the match because so many unexpected things can happen - a goalkeeper mistake or a goal in the first minute - that mean he likes to have a number of plans to choose from to go with.

AVB would frequently ask the players questions. He wanted to know whether they felt comfortable with the tactical system he intended to use. Very close to what Mourinho calls 'guide discovery'.

Players at Academica appreciated his methods, particularly the way he would bring to their attention any mistake they had made, never reprimanding them in public nor looking for culprits when faced with a defeat. Again - totally at odds with how it seemed to go down at Chelsea.

He lost two key players when he joined Porto, and only signed Moutinho. So again an example of how he got players using his system and style of play, and didn't need to make radical changes to do so.

People keen to see more rotation may be disappointed. He refused to rotate at Porto, even in the semi finals of the Europa league when he had a massive lead from the first leg, he refused to let any players rest because he always wanted the focus and concentration, and didn't want to show any way that could be construed as them already being through. And you have to say it worked, they had a lot demanded of them, but these players went unbeaten and won everything in sight.

Scolari told Roman the day after he was sacked that 'Until you take power away from the Francophones, you will never have a united group, with everyone fighting for the same objective'. This book says that Terry and Lampard aren't the problems in the dressing room as much as Drogba, and the group he leads. So that being Kalou, Mikel etc.

It seemed like the Chelsea players were willing to give AVB a chance at first, and then it all started to go tits up. But just like they were willing to give Scolari a chance at first, and went on a good winning run initially, something started to happen. It doesn't go far enough into the recent past to say what went wrong, because it stops just when AVB joined Chelsea. But it has guys like Lampard, Terry and Cole all giving quotes on how much they are looking forward to working with him. Cole says 'there are no egos' at Chelsea.

Something strange went on at Chelsea. From how he seemed to be a good man manager, fostering a good team spirit and not necessarily needing a raft of signings to implement his tactics before hand, it all seemed to change when he went there. But there are so many examples in the book, the Academica president saying he fostered a positive environment, the Porto players loving him, and how he seemed to be great at motivating the players, he just seemed to lose it all at Chelsea. But I think we will suit him a lot more.

I see that he has a great relationship with his players, and its something to applaud.

I disagree RE spotting a signing. Or, to be more specific, I think he is excellent when dealing on peanuts - but VERY flaky when dealing with more substantial buys. Something he would have to get right with us, something I dont have confidence he would.

For example, ?5m and under - Jelavic, Arteta, Coleman, Pienaar, Jagielka..

Over - Andy Johnson, Beattie, Yakubu, Feilani, Bilyaletdinov...

He does conduct himself very well, and I would expand upon that to say that generally he comes across well in interviews etc also.

He does know this league well, but its from a different perspective as would be at Spurs. He knows it as the underdog scrapping for points - does he know it as a bigger fish looking to exceed itself? I dont know.

What Im saying is are his skills suited to our needs? They are perfectly suited to Evertons - which are very different.

This is what I tried to raise a few pages ago, you know what you are getting - think about that for a second. Familiarity leaves a false sense of faith/safety IMO.

I see a style of play that doesnt fit the club. You think he can change, fine - maybe you are right, but then he is moving into uncharted territory so far as his management career goes. Thats a risk, thats not safe.

I see a manager who has never had the budgets like ours to deal with - and that spending is a skill. So far as his time at Everton is concerned Im not sure he has it in him. Look at Francis - some managers really are suited to smaller budgets!

He currently has the respect of his players, to a great degree. But then he has been at Everton 10 years (longer than any player!) and so is established in his position. Would that translate to a new role? Honestly I dont know, it might, but its not a certainty at all.

All in all, its my belief he is as big a risk as the more unknown quantities.

On that basis, looking at someone like AVB - I believe I would prefer AVB. Not because he is foreign and so exciting (ridiculous notion, but there are plenty who think like that) but because I think he fits better.

He is an attacking coach, that works at Spurs. He is bold, and ambitious - thats classic Spurs. He can deal with the transfer side of things (I was impressed with his work at Chelsea last summer). Prior to Chelsea he had a very good raport with players, and this squad is much nearer Portos in composition than Chelseas. Both in personalities as well as player types. He has the deeper analytical thinking and tactics I think we need to step forward from what Redknapp established - which (given that he is an attacking coach) would build on top of Redknapps work instead of changing the team ethos.

I accept fully he is a risk, and also have reservations about some of his decisions at Chelsea, but broadly I think his style/attributes align much more closely with what we need (that being IMO of course)

I pretty much agree with all of that. Good post IMHO.

I wonder considering his age would AVB benefit from having an an assistant/number 2 that is older, possibly connected to the club, and with a certain gravitas that would engender more respect from the squad to the management team while AVB grows into the role.

Last edited:
Yep that's exactly what it is. Tactical periodisation is what it's termed as. Everything is with the ball. It's what Mourinho uses too. The idea is that usually physical, technical, tactical and psychological aspects of training are all coached individually, but with this system, it is all brought together. All intensity and fast paced. Good quote from a guy in the book: 'In order to learn how to play the piano, a pianist doesn't run around it, he simply plays the piano.' Actually there's some nice bullet points there too that sum it up:

- The tactical component commands the entire training process. The other components (physical, tactical, and psychological) should arise in the match model adopted by the coach.
- The work is carried out at high levels of intensity.
- The volume (time of execution) never impairs the intensity (speed of execution) of the exercises.
- The exercises are created to mirror match situations.
- The exercises must be motivating and enjoyable, always maintaining a competitive spirit so as to promote the concentration levels of the players.
- Being fit means being able to comply with the demands of the game plan adopted, not simply being well physically.
- The weekly tactical plan is drawn up in relation to the next opponent.

Some quite obvious stuff there but it's a good insight. It then also says that it should be noted that this training methodology demands a great deal of imagination from the coach, especially as he has to constantly create exercises, both in terms of quantity (so as to not tire the players) and in terms of of quality (so that practice is carried out as much as possible in relation to the upcoming opponent).

Other than training, I'll just do a quick flick through the book and pick out any points that may be of interest to anyone...

For him, man marking doesn't exist. He says that if the team presses the way he wants it to and limits the action areas of the opposition then they are already half way to a good result.

Even at Academica, he got a team that was bottom of the league and looking certain to be relegated, to playing a good possession football in the way that he desires. So I think that flies in the face of both the Moyes argument (he can only work with what he is given) and also the Chelsea argument, that he persisted with tactics that didn't suit the players. If Academica could pull it off successfully, surely Chelsea's players could have given it more of a bash?

This is a quote that was told to AVB by a well respected sports professor that also influenced Mourinho, so forms a big basis of AVB's thinking as a manager: 'Football more than anything, more than a physical activity, is a human activity. That is, the human factor is always the most important, and therefore a coach, any coach during his moments of reflection must ask himself the following question: What type of person do I want to be created from the players I lead? Because in football, a player must develop himself in a team, without being reduced to the team.' This is basically saying that he places importance on the human factor, and that he wants players to develop freedom within the team. AVB said 'I am not a dictator as I encourage freedom of choice among my players. They can only achieve their true potential if they are not shackled. Creativity in my players is important. I love the unpredictable part of the game, I strongly believe that player must express themselves and make choices during the game.' This should alleviate any worries some of Harry's boys might have that they will have too many boring tactical speeches to follow. They will still be given freedom to express themselves. But within a set structure.

He believes football is chaotic and encourages the team to embrace that. He doesn't like to have a rigid tactical plan for the match because so many unexpected things can happen - a goalkeeper mistake or a goal in the first minute - that mean he likes to have a number of plans to choose from to go with.

AVB would frequently ask the players questions. He wanted to know whether they felt comfortable with the tactical system he intended to use. Very close to what Mourinho calls 'guide discovery'.

Players at Academica appreciated his methods, particularly the way he would bring to their attention any mistake they had made, never reprimanding them in public nor looking for culprits when faced with a defeat. Again - totally at odds with how it seemed to go down at Chelsea.

He lost two key players when he joined Porto, and only signed Moutinho. So again an example of how he got players using his system and style of play, and didn't need to make radical changes to do so.

People keen to see more rotation may be disappointed. He refused to rotate at Porto, even in the semi finals of the Europa league when he had a massive lead from the first leg, he refused to let any players rest because he always wanted the focus and concentration, and didn't want to show any way that could be construed as them already being through. And you have to say it worked, they had a lot demanded of them, but these players went unbeaten and won everything in sight.

Scolari told Roman the day after he was sacked that 'Until you take power away from the Francophones, you will never have a united group, with everyone fighting for the same objective'. This book says that Terry and Lampard aren't the problems in the dressing room as much as Drogba, and the group he leads. So that being Kalou, Mikel etc.

It seemed like the Chelsea players were willing to give AVB a chance at first, and then it all started to go tits up. But just like they were willing to give Scolari a chance at first, and went on a good winning run initially, something started to happen. It doesn't go far enough into the recent past to say what went wrong, because it stops just when AVB joined Chelsea. But it has guys like Lampard, Terry and Cole all giving quotes on how much they are looking forward to working with him. Cole says 'there are no egos' at Chelsea.

Something strange went on at Chelsea. From how he seemed to be a good man manager, fostering a good team spirit and not necessarily needing a raft of signings to implement his tactics before hand, it all seemed to change when he went there. But there are so many examples in the book, the Academica president saying he fostered a positive environment, the Porto players loving him, and how he seemed to be great at motivating the players, he just seemed to lose it all at Chelsea. But I think we will suit him a lot more.

Great precis. Thanks so much for that.

I pretty much agree with all of that. Good post IMHO.

I wonder considering his age would AVB benefit from having an an assistant/number 2 that is older, possibly connected to the club, and with a certain gravitas that would engender more respect from the squad to the management team while AVB grows into the role.

I said the other day I think thats what the rumoured talk of Sherwood having a new role is about. Has been at the club for a while, knows the players, worked with the younger players (something we will apparently focus on) - if he is an ally to AVB then I think it might help the players accept him

I'm not a fan of AVB and the biggest concern I have about him is something no one else seems to mention. It seems that most of his fans focus purely on the falling out at Chelsea, and they dismiss that incident as being purely the fault of the Chelsea players (I disagree with that personally, it takes two to tango).

Tactically I thought his Chelsea team looked an utter clueless mess. He was extremely rigid in the way he wanted to play, and didn't play to the strengths of the players at all. I am not even sure he knew what the player's strengths were. I personally get very annoyed by managers who trying and shoehorn players in to a system or position they clearly aren't comfortable in.

I'm not a fan of AVB and the biggest concern I have about him is something no one else seems to mention. It seems that most of his fans focus purely on the falling out at Chelsea, and they dismiss that incident as being purely the fault of the Chelsea players (I disagree with that personally, it takes two to tango).

Tactically I thought his Chelsea team looked an utter clueless mess. He was extremely rigid in the way he wanted to play, and didn't play to the strengths of the players at all. I am not even sure he knew what the player's strengths were. I personally get very annoyed by managers who trying and shoehorn players in to a system or position they clearly aren't comfortable in.

But that's the thing, from everything I've read and researched on him over the last couple of weeks, absolutely everything that seems to guide him comes from understanding that all players are different, from getting players to express themselves, show their best self, not be rigid, infact be the complete opposite of rigid, that it is a human sport and that players have to be motivated well and have to understand exactly what is being asked of them.

Basically, before reading that book, I was under the impression that AVB tried to implement a system that didn't suit the Chelsea players, and that's why it failed. But from everything I've read, it honestly seems like reading about him pre-Chelsea and then looking at what happened during his time there, it's like talking about two completely different people. He's not actually a 'players must do exactly this' and he doesn't give them endless instructions that they must carry out like robots. He wants them to play with freedom, expression, but with enough preparation that they know how to exploit their opposition.

So it's not like his system was unable to be implemented at Chelsea. It seems like something else entirely went wrong. He clearly knows his tactics, he clearly knows how to coach, how to produce training sessions, how to improve players. The other thing in the book was talking of how well he was able to get his ideas across - basically to condense a ridiculously large amount of information into a simple talk so that the players could understand it. So he can do all of that, and he also was loved by his previous players, creating a positive atmosphere that even subs not being picked enjoyed being a part of.

It really seems like something strange went on there. They were definitely a bad fit, AVB and Chelsea, but to be as bad as they were, it seems like it wasn't that he was shoehorning them into a poorly suited system, it seems like something else, which I can't quite put my finger on. There's a section in there about how he motivates players, how he turns around performances not through tactical shifts, but simply by a good team talk. Maybe the Chelsea players just wouldn't get inspired by him. Maybe it's because he's very demanding, and if he then perceives a lack of effort, he can get angry that it isn't being delivered. Usually, at his previous clubs there were only rare occasions of players deciding not to put the effort in, and they were dealt with swiftly and effectively. He likes to deal with any issues of discipline infront of the entire group, and maybe it was someone like Drogba who was perceived to not put effort in, AVB called him out, and rather than the group accept that that was the effort required, maybe they didn't like that he called out Drogba. And from then on, it was AVB vs players, when usually everyone is working towards the same goal.

There's far too much that we don't know about what went on at Chelsea. Clearly, something went wrong. And clearly, AVB must take some of the blame.

But, to answer your specific point, it does seem as though AVB was charged with the task of rebuilding the squad and changing the playing style. For all we know, he might have warned Abramovich that it would take time, that certain players would have to be sacrificed and that the team might take a step or two backwards before making big strides forwards. And Abramovich might initially have accepted that before losing his nerve.

We just don't know. It's all guesswork.

But we do know that, given the kind of favourable circumstances that were denied him at Chelsea, AVB is capable of moulding a fantastically entertaining and awesomely successful team.

I think he's worth a second chance.

There's far too much that we don't know about what went on at Chelsea. Clearly, something went wrong. And clearly, AVB must take some of the blame.

But, to answer your specific point, it does seem as though AVB was charged with the task of rebuilding the squad and changing the playing style. For all we know, he might have warned Abramovich that it would take time, that certain players would have to be sacrificed and that the team might take a step or two backwards before making big strides forwards. And Abramovich might initially have accepted that before losing his nerve.

We just don't know. It's all guesswork.

But we do know that
, given the kind of favourable circumstances that were denied him at Chelsea, AVB is capable of moulding a fantastically entertaining and awesomely successful team.
I think he's worth a second chance.

I don't think we know that at all. He won in Portugal with a team that was already streets ahead of the opposition. A challenge that was akin to Man Utd being relegated to the Championship on some technicality and then winning the Championship. Whoopee!

The more I read about AVB's tactical thesis, the more I begin to despair. Football IS a simple game and is mainly down to players, not tactics. I am concerned that AVB seemingly over complicates everything for no reason other than to try and make himself look like some sort of footballing intellectual.

If he becomes Spurs Manager, I'll back him 100% but this messiah image some people are already giving him is totally niave and based on hopes rather than facts IMO.

I see that he has a great relationship with his players, and its something to applaud.

I disagree RE spotting a signing. Or, to be more specific, I think he is excellent when dealing on peanuts - but VERY flaky when dealing with more substantial buys. Something he would have to get right with us, something I dont have confidence he would.

For example, ?5m and under - Jelavic, Arteta, Coleman, Pienaar, Jagielka..

Over - Andy Johnson, Beattie, Yakubu, Feilani, Bilyaletdinov...

He does conduct himself very well, and I would expand upon that to say that generally he comes across well in interviews etc also.

He does know this league well, but its from a different perspective as would be at Spurs. He knows it as the underdog scrapping for points - does he know it as a bigger fish looking to exceed itself? I dont know.

What Im saying is are his skills suited to our needs? They are perfectly suited to Evertons - which are very different.

This is what I tried to raise a few pages ago, you know what you are getting - think about that for a second. Familiarity leaves a false sense of faith/safety IMO.

I see a style of play that doesnt fit the club. You think he can change, fine - maybe you are right, but then he is moving into uncharted territory so far as his management career goes. Thats a risk, thats not safe.

I see a manager who has never had the budgets like ours to deal with - and that spending is a skill. So far as his time at Everton is concerned Im not sure he has it in him. Look at Francis - some managers really are suited to smaller budgets!

He currently has the respect of his players, to a great degree. But then he has been at Everton 10 years (longer than any player!) and so is established in his position. Would that translate to a new role? Honestly I dont know, it might, but its not a certainty at all.

All in all, its my belief he is as big a risk as the more unknown quantities.

On that basis, looking at someone like AVB - I believe I would prefer AVB. Not because he is foreign and so exciting (ridiculous notion, but there are plenty who think like that) but because I think he fits better.

He is an attacking coach, that works at Spurs. He is bold, and ambitious - thats classic Spurs. He can deal with the transfer side of things (I was impressed with his work at Chelsea last summer). Prior to Chelsea he had a very good raport with players, and this squad is much nearer Portos in composition than Chelseas. Both in personalities as well as player types. He has the deeper analytical thinking and tactics I think we need to step forward from what Redknapp established - which (given that he is an attacking coach) would build on top of Redknapps work instead of changing the team ethos.

I accept fully he is a risk, and also have reservations about some of his decisions at Chelsea, but broadly I think his style/attributes align much more closely with what we need (that being IMO of course)

Nayim good post mate. Of course i disagree with a few things but theres nothing there that i can actually prove or disprove so we're gonna be going around in circles. You don't want Moyes and i certainly do not want neither AVB or Blanc.

Back