• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
Arry > Blanc, AVB, Moyes, Rangnick, Martinez et al

What the fvck has Levy done?
Some idiots on this Board are going to come crashing down to Earth next season. The way Harry Redknapp has treated Spurs has made me ashamed to be a Tottenham supporter.

Fixed...:-"

Absolutely false.

In the 10 years Moyes has been at the club it is absolutely true. Dont lose. Defend...

They have a few times threatened to entertain, but very quickly reverted to type.

The point of the post is though that Everton (and after 10 years very much by Moyes design) dont play the sort of football Spurs fans expect. Call it what you like, its not Spurs.

So either Moyes plays that way - not to be accepted by the fans, or he changes his decade long formula - risky...

Moyes v AVB in a nutshell:

Moyes - the down side is limited. We're unlikely to implode under his leadership. But the up side is probably limited too. I don't see him taking us to new heights.

AVB: the down side is steep and deep. Potentially Ramos or Gross deep. But the up side is potentially very high indeed.

On balance, I go with the greater risk but, potentially, greater reward.

Audere Est Facere.

My thoughts as well.

Some idiots on this Board are going to come crashing down to Earth next season. The way Spurs have treated Harry Redknapp has made me ashamed to be a Tottenham supporter.

O boy #-o

None of the options available to us guarantees progress. And how can any of us know that AVB or Blanc has a better vision of where they would like to take the club than Moyes or anyone else?

Because for a decade in the Prem Moyes had stagnanted on the very much same level every season - i.e. just above mid-table. His averge finishing position is around 7th. What is there to suggest he's take us far beyond that as a club considering where are very much on that level already and even arguably higher in some aspects?

Because for a decade in the Prem Moyes had stagnanted on the very much same level every season - i.e. just above mid-table. His averge finishing position is around 7th. What is there to suggest he's take us far beyond that as a club considering where are very much on that level already and even arguably higher in some aspects?

How are they on the same level in this league? you're basing it on what they've done in other leagues (one of those leagues being so bad you can almost totally ignore the achievement all together). Moyes is light years ahead of either in this league being that he's proven it (AVB failed miserably and Blanc is untested).

Anyway your argument holds no weight whatsoever. What was Arry's average league finishes before joining us anyone?

Some idiots on this Board are going to come crashing down to Earth next season. The way Spurs have treated Harry Redknapp has made me ashamed to be a Tottenham supporter.

LOL

How are they on the same level in this league? you're basing it on what they've done in other leagues (one of those leagues being so bad you can almost totally ignore the achievement all together). Moyes is light years ahead of either in this league being that he's proven it (AVB failed miserably and Blanc is untested).

Anyway your argument holds no weight whatsoever. What was Arry's average league finishes before joining us anyone?

Yes, because AVB's entire managerial career will be judged on those 6 months, right.

What are you actually talking about in the bolded part? I was responding to the bit relating to Moyes and his vision which for a decade seems to be on level which we have (hopefully) surpassed already. So what is there to indicate he could take us beyond where we are now or at the very least maintain?

As to Arry - he managed bottom feeders so the comaprison is grossly inaccurate - we were his first (and to date only) major undertaking.Everton are a massive club compared to what Arry had taken on before

Yes, because AVB's entire managerial career will be judged on those 6 months, right.

One of the problems with AVB and one of the reasons he is such a big risk, is that he only has an 18 month management career to judge him on.

What was Everton's average league placing in the five seasons before he joined? How much has he spent compared to the managers around him?

Alan Pardew's average league positions before joining Saudi Sportswashing Machine please anyone?

why??

he had never managed a club as big as Saudi Sportswashing Machine

how would feel about lets say Martinez then??

Alan Pardew's average league positions before joining Saudi Sportswashing Machine please anyone?

why??

he had never managed a club as big as Saudi Sportswashing Machine

how would feel about lets say Martinez then??

One of the problems with AVB and one of the reasons he is such a big risk, is that he only has an 18 month management career to judge him on.

Personally - I'd rather take a risk on him than someone who been consistently 7th for a decade with one of the Prem's biggest clubs. There are numerous examples in world football to support either argument btw - nothing more than personal preference

What are you actually talking about in the bolded part? I was responding to the bit relating to Moyes and his vision which for a decade seems to be on level which we have (hopefully) surpassed already. So what is there to indicate he could take us beyond where we are now or at the very least maintain?

You're judging David Moyes "vision" purely on his average league position but choose to ignore various factors that have restricted him from pushing on (Evertons squad not being good enough to go any higher, key players always being sold, hardly any cash to spend etc etc). In your eyes you see average league position then you jump on it as if that's the only way you can actually measure someone's vision.

Harry's Redknapp vision throughout his career must have been 15th (or whatever it is) his whole career......oh wait....4th,5th,4th with a champions league quarter final. Guess that wasn't anything to do with his vision then and more to do with the actual squad he had.

Alan Pardew at Saudi Sportswashing Machine...Why would they hire such a relegation battler who's only vision is to have relegation dog fights?...ah that's right they finished 5th.

As i said you're argument holds no weight whatsoever.

Back