• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
What was Everton's average league placing in the five seasons before he joined? How much has he spent compared to the managers around him?

He conveniently ignores all this. Apparently average league positions is the key indicator to determining a man's vision no matter what club he's managing, what the situation is, what finances they have, how their current squad compares with that around them, what the situation was before the manager joined, etc etc...none of that matters..it's average league positions and nothing else.

Personally - I'd rather take a risk on him than someone who been consistently 7th for a decade with one of the Prem's biggest clubs. There are numerous examples in world football to support either argument btw - nothing more than personal preference

There he goes again:ross:

Ah now he adds "perm's biggest clubs"...yes of course they are:ross:

You're judging David Moyes "vision" purely on his average league position but choose to ignore various factors that have restricted him from pushing on (Evertons squad not being good enough to go any higher, key players always being sold, hardly any cash to spend etc etc). In your eyes you see average league position then you jump on it as if that's the only way you can actually measure someone's vision.

Harry's Redknapp vision throughout his career must have been 15th (or whatever it is) his whole career......oh wait....4th,5th,4th with a champions league quarter final. Guess that wasn't anything to do with his vision then and more to do with the actual squad he had.

Alan Pardew at Saudi Sportswashing Machine...Why would they hire such a relegation battler who's only vision is to have relegation dog fights?...ah that's right they finished 5th.

As i said you're argument holds no weight whatsoever.

Wow, are you actually reading at all?

Didn't you say few months ago Pardew was a glorified Yes Man and has nothing to do with their success which is largerly down to the scouts? :rolleyes:

Moyes had some good signings and some terrible ones - wasted large sums on brick players and also had massive sales which seemed to have been re-invested into, well, something else. Besides his average finishing position at Everton (comaprable club in terms of stature to us) - what else would you suggest we look at?

Transfers - hot and cold at best

Style of play - defensive and physical, not very pretty

Character - sounds like a very nice fella, actually

Perhaps you need to give us your insight or thoughts on the matter as to what hidden potential Moyes holds into potentially being a great success with us?

Arry was managing relegation battlers by the way - his finishing position is incomparable to Moyes managaing a club as big as Everton - can you honestly not see the difference?

Last edited:
Ah now he adds "perm's biggest clubs"...yes of course they are:ross:

Are you being ignorant on purpose or just a pure WUM?

Champions - 9 titles

Runners up - 7 times

FA Cup - 5 titles

Runners Up - 8 times

League Cup - 2 titles

Charity Shield - 9 times

Cup Winners Cup - 1 title

Along with many other minor trophies.

Last edited:
Personally - I'd rather take a risk on him than someone who been consistently 7th for a decade with one of the Prem's biggest clubs. There are numerous examples in world football to support either argument btw - nothing more than personal preference

I think that there is a lot more to this than personal preference. When someone applies for a job most companies don't just say we'll never know which candidate will do better so best just take a punt. A lot of people are dismissing any of the potential issues with AVB by putting them all down to him having a difficult dressing room at Chelsea. The difficult dressing room didn't make poor tactical decisions, the difficult dressing room didn't tell the players to celebrate goals with the bench and most worryingly, the difficult dressing room crack up and start blaming the media for their poor form. Whoever is going to be our next manager is going to have to be good with the press because if their record does not stand up to Harry's, they are going to be criticised. I worry that AVB will not be able to stand up to that, if he didn't get off to a flyer.

Wow, are you actally reading at all?

Didn't you say few months ago Pardew was a glorified Yes Man and has nothing to do with their success which is largerly down to the scouts? :rolleyes:

Moyes had some good signings and some terrible ones - wasted large sums on players and also had massive sales which seemed to have been re-invested into, well something else. Besides his average finishing position at Everton (comaprable club in terms of stature to us) - what else would you suggest we look at?

Transfers - hot and cold

Style of play - defensive and physical

Character - sounds like a very nice fella, actually

Perhaps you need to give us your insight or thoughts on the matter as to what hidden potential Moyes holds into potentially being a great success with us?

Arry was managing relegation battlers by the way - his finishing position is incomparable to Moyes managaing a club as big as Everton - can you not see the difference?

I said Pardew had nothing to do with their signings not the performances and results. I'm not a deluded fool to think the manager doesn't play a part in his teams results.

Anyway you're changing your argument now so don't think i don't see that. My response was regarding your simple minded theory that Everton's average league positions was the way you measure David moyes' vision. If you want to talk about transfers, style of play, character etc etc then that's fine with me but again please don't think i haven't noticed that you're moving the discussion onto something different (probably because you have no reasonable response to my last response)

Did you just say "A club as big as Everton"? oh yes i agree they're a big club in regards to past history but wasn't they continuously in relegation scraps before Moyes took over or are you again conveniently forgetting that? what a big club Nottingham forest are, Jeez Aston villa are a big club, look at leeds now that's a big club....etc etc

I think that there is a lot more to this than personal preference. When someone applies for a job most companies don't just say we'll never know which candidate will do better so best just take a punt. A lot of people are dismissing any of the potential issues with AVB by putting them all down to him having a difficult dressing room at Chelsea. The difficult dressing room didn't make poor tactical decisions, the difficult dressing room didn't tell the players to celebrate goals with the bench and most worryingly, the difficult dressing room crack up and start blaming the media for their poor form. Whoever is going to be our next manager is going to have to be good with the press because if their record does not stand up to Harry's, they are going to be criticised. I worry that AVB will not be able to stand up to that, if he didn't get off to a flyer.

bang on the money

thats why i keep insisting on names like Martinez and Holloway because both are fantastic with the press as well as being superb man managers, their teams play the 'Tottenham way', the transition from Redknapp to either one of these two would be very comfortable.

I do hope Levy knows what he is doing

Are you being ignorant on purpose or just a pure WUM?

Champions - 9 titles

Runners up - 7 times

FA Cup - 5 titles

Runners Up - 8 times

League Cup - 2 titles

Charity Shield - 9 times

Cup Winners Cup - 1 title

Along with many other minor trophies.

You couldn't make this steaming load of crap up. Ok i'll continue this line of argument because it's amusing and i'm bored.

Can you now post up nottingham forest, Leeds united and Aston villa's history please.

I'm confused as to why Everton being a successful club in the past has anything to do with what Moyes has done whilst he has been there..

My response was regarding your simple minded theory that Everton's average league positions was the way you measure David moyes' vision. If you want to talk about transfers, style of play, character etc etc then that's fine with me but again please don't think i haven't noticed that you're moving the discussion onto something different (probably because you have no reasonable response to my last response)

The discussion hasn't shifted - I stand by my initial point - average finishing position with a club comparable to ours indicates a Top 8 finish - something we already began cementing under Jol. What is there to suggest a massive change would occur at Spurs should he arrive?

Tell me - what are you looking at when analysing Moyes' vision which clearly in your mind indicates she'd be a great success with us - at the very least maintaining Arry's level of challenging for 4th

I'm confused as to why Everton being a successful club in the past has anything to do with what Moyes has done whilst he has been there..

You're confused because it actually makes no sense at all. None whatsoever but i'm eager to see how Arcspace is going to get out of this big ass hole he dug himself into.

Because they're comparable in terms of stature to us (bigger in certain regards actually) so looking at Moyes' performance at a club of that size (seeing that's he's been mentioned as a potential next name) is a far more objective analysis than looking at Arry record at the fudging Championship.

The discussion hasn't shifted - I stand by my initial point - average finishing position with a club comparable to ours indicates a Top 8 finish - something we already began cementing under Jol. What is there to suggest a massive change would occur at Spurs should he arrive?

Tell me - what are you looking at when analysing Moyes' vision which clearly in your mind indicates she'd be a great success with us - at the very least maintaining Arry's level of challenging for 4th

Ca you first explain to me why you brought up Everton's past history (the last major trophy was 1995 wasn't it?) when it made more sense to judge Evertons countless relegation dog fights just before Moyes took over and compare that with the work he has done since? also whilst you're at it could you please give me the History of:

1) Nottingham Forest
2) Leeds United
3) Aston villa

Ca you first explain to me why you brought up Everton's past history (the last major trophy was 1995 wasn't it?) when it made more sense to judge Evertons countless relegation dog fights just before Moyes took over and compare that with the work he has done since? also whilst you're at it could you please give me the History of:

1) Nottingham Forest
2) Leeds United
3) Aston villa

Let me try one last time - didn't you claim few days ago AVB's record in Portugal means fudge all because their league is a joke (crazy comment btw) - do you then see how looking at Moyes' record at a big club and Arry's/Pardew's at some relegation fodder make sense in terms of comparing apples with apples? We need to look at Prem records objectively, imv

As for Everton's past history - made a reference to showcase their stature as one of the Prem's big club (comparable to us in many ways, we haven't won the league in 50 years, are we also small time then) - something which you found hilarious few posts back. So in summary

- Moyes is at a Top 8 club already
- He has maintained Top 8 finish for a decade
- Him arriving at another Top 8-6 club - what is there for you to indicate great potential

Last edited:

Yes, no matter who is appointed. If they have a bad start the media, and a percentage of our fans, will be on their backs from the off.
We have been fortunate with our opening fixtures, so hopefully this may not occur. Fingers crossed

Yes, no matter who is appointed. If they have a bad start the media, and a percentage of our fans, will be on their backs from the off.
We have been fortunate with our opening fixtures, so hopefully this may not occur. Fingers crossed

Thats the point, isnt it? Not just AVB...

Though its fair to say he didnt handle the media well at all.

Its not just media either. The fans at Spurs are pretty quick to groan, as well as the management at board level having very high expectations.

WHOEVER comes in, has a bad start, will be under big pressure all round IMO

France coach Laurent Blanc refused to answer questions on his future after Les Bleus were eliminated from Euro 2012 at the quarter-final stage by Spain on Saturday night.

Blanc, 46, is coming to the end of his current contract with the national team and has been heavily tipped to return to club management having been unable to thrash out a new deal with the French Football Federation.

Tottenham Hotspur and Inter Milan have been linked with a swoop for the former Bordeaux boss, but Blanc was tight-lipped on his future in the wake of France's European Championship exit.

"We have just been kicked out of the tournament, the disappointment is there for all to see among coaching staff and players alike," Blanc said.

"We will have to draw up an assessment of this Euro [Championship], an analysis in the next few days. There shall be positives and negatives, and we will see what happens afterwards."

Back