• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I think we'd've seen movement last week if it was ten Hag. I think it is likely someone whose season only finished this weekend (Potter, Lopetegui, Poch, Inzaghi etc.).

The 'still deciding between the two bit' I dont believe. We'll know who our preferred target is, and that isnt RR as we'd have moved for him already. Potentially ETH as first choice and RR as back-up
It's not Ten Hag, he is staying at Ajax.

Exactly. Leave the fullbacks for now (Reguilon will come good, Sess will be good cover, and let's hope Tanganga can play more games), it's 2 CBs and 1 CM that we need. The CBs need to be good defenders (duh) of the Dawson/Vertonghen type. The CM has to be a classic box-to-box CM, because we've got (some) creativity with Lo Celso and possibly NDombele - although personally I would sell him now that his stock is still relatively high - and we've got Hojbjerg and Skipp to rotate or to play together at the base of midfield. What we lack is a powerful running midfielder, ideally with some of the vision and skill of Eriksen and some of the lungs of, say, Jenas.

I have no idea who that CM would be. Not Sabitzer (and he won't be coming). Perhaps Ryan Gravenberch at Ajax, but he's only 19.
Soumare.... the man that Leicester are favourites for is perfect...

we ended the season 5 points off 4th with a better GD than Chelsea

1 top level CB and a settled manager would put us in 4th contention, if you put Dias in our lineup this season we probably would been 3rd.

That said, agree we should go for a CM option as well, as we need to expect some teams will improve next season.
Chelsea got rid of their YTS boy for a proper manager. Liverpool are extremely unlikely to be as decimated by injuries next season. Let’s not hope that by making a small improvement we can squeak into 4th place. Let’s make big improvements and give ourselves a proper chance.

1 CB still sees us playing one of our comedy options. Toby is perhaps still passable but it would mean us sacking off the Cups so that he can be played in the league.

also Dias was £60m. I don’t see us spending anything like that on a CB. I think we’ll be looking for two for under half that amount each.

Chelsea got rid of their YTS boy for a proper manager. Liverpool are extremely unlikely to be as decimated by injuries next season. Let’s not hope that by making a small improvement we can squeak into 4th place. Let’s make big improvements and give ourselves a proper chance.

1 CB still sees us playing one of our comedy options. Toby is perhaps still passable but it would mean us sacking off the Cups so that he can be played in the league.

Mate, Stones and Lovren are fudging comedy options, both of them looked WC next to Dias and VVD respectively

- Ideal = two top level CBs, sure, but considering how much Pool (waited 18 months on VVD), United (taken to cleaners on Maguire) and City (just overpaid early) struggled for that player, I don't see it.
- I don't want to see Dier/Sanchez in a Spurs shirt again, I think Toby/Rodon with a top level CB and midfield personnel/system improvements can do it.

Totally different topic, but I'd bet on Pool being next season's underachievers ..

Yes, who we sell determines a lot (e.g. Kane) but lets say

- Lloris, Reguilon/Sess, Toby/Rodon, PEH/Skipp, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Son are a given

Selling Aurier = need a RB (I'm assuming we try to cut our losses on Doherty either way)
Sell Foyth, Sanchez & Dier = perhaps 2nd CB
Sell Sissoko, Winks, Lamela = new CM
Keep Bale = sell Dele
No vinicius = new backup striker, no Vinicius & Kane = new top level striker (and you probably need Bale)
Some decent thinking there I think....

We also probably need a better second choice keeper than Hart (though I think we should keep him as third choice if possible).

If we sell Aurier then I think we should go and get PSVs Denzel Dumfries as our RB. Personally I’d cut losses on Doherty as well and get Bogle from ‘Sheffield Utd as his cover.
At CB, Anderson would make a lot of sense. Though Elvedi would be my top target for CH. There are lots of CBS out there who are significantly better than what we have at the club however.
CM, Soumare would be brilliant I think. Zakaria equally good, Bissouma another very good player. As a leftfield option Josh Dasilva from Brentford could be another good option (though we have to look beyond his Arsenal past).
Striker will depend entirely on what Kane does.... keep him and we need a backup only.

Maybe....I was convinced it was Rodgers or Potter, but then the Ally Gold thing this morning seems to have killed those in my mind, so I'm officially giving up guessing now!!!
I’m pleased at this new development as I wasn’t particularly impressed with Rodgers and even less so Potter.

Back