• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

At present we are weaker in CM than we are at RB. We currently have one capable CM player and a youngster who has a season of Championship football under his belt. Put a proper player alongside Hojbjerg and it gives our decent attacking options a platform to play.

We desperately need to sort out the CM area, it’s a complete mess

We could end up needing a whole new spine if Kane goes.

On paper the main 3 from that list should give us really good balance but it's not really quite worked out, granted they've not played much together when everyones fit but seems we lack some guile from the centre although both Le Celso and Ndombele are able to create chances and move the ball quickly when they want too. Maybe it's a case of they're both good players but not consistent enough.

I like Skipp but wonder if he'd be better staying with Norwich for a season with an option to recall him back in January.

I agree. I think that if we play two central midfielders in a 4-2-3-1 then one of Hojbjerg or Skipp alongside one of the other two gives us options. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new manager start with Højbjerg and Skipp at the beginning of the season because it is more solid and Skipp can do the ball carrying.

I do wonder whether Ndombele and Lo Celso are too similar and maybe that means we need to sell one of them. I am on the fence a bit.

All depends on how much we want to push on with younger players
There is a lot that can shipped on with no detriment to squad depth really
Players like sissoko, lamela, any of the CBS not acquired in the last season could leave and have no impact on the squad
Ben Davies could be replaced by Sessegnon and also Cirkin
Eyoma will come back having played a whole season all be it at a lower level but he was held in higher regard than Tanganga.
it all comes down to the coaches plans and aspirations
I’d love us to clear out Toby, Dier and Sanchez and bring in a couple of CBS and give eyoma, Tanganga and Rodon games in Europe and the league as required. It would be brave but the CBS wouldn’t be worse than what we have seen this season

I am sure most, including the club, agree with you! The difficulty is moving them. For example, who is going to take on Sissoko's wages? £4m a year if this is correct https://www.spotrac.com/epl/tottenham-hotspur-fc/moussa-sissoko-23040/#:~:text=Moussa Sissoko signed a 4,cap hit of £4,160,000.

Personally would keep Toby. He might only be good for 50% of the games, but he is still a class act. He has what Dier lacks: training and deep knowledge of playing CB. It becomes instinctive. Sure he is not fast enough, strong enough in the air, but he's far more reliable never the less. We need some consistency, so would keep him. Lamela is similar. Can't see anyone paying much for him, and he has more value to us as a squad player. Chipped in with some goals, looked hungry and puts himself about - which we need more of.

Davies is such a pro, but it is a crime to keep him around when there is Sessegnon, Cirkin and Reggie chomping at the bit. All better players at that.

Sanchez apparently on 3.3m a year. Who is going to take (even half) that on? I would say that he is now a better CB than he was and is better than our youth prospects. Only 25 which is young for a CB.

Ultimately it will be about who we can shift. They are all decent mid-table players, but none are good enough for our aspirations.

On paper the main 3 from that list should give us really good balance but it's not really quite worked out, granted they've not played much together when everyones fit but seems we lack some guile from the centre although both Le Celso and Ndombele are able to create chances and move the ball quickly when they want too. Maybe it's a case of they're both good players but not consistent enough.

I like Skipp but wonder if he'd be better staying with Norwich for a season with an option to recall him back in January.

Essentially, in midfield you need heart. You have to run all day, be disciplined and fight. Ndombele doesn't really do that. He doesn't know how. Skipp you know you'll get that. LeCelco tries to put himself about. Ndombele can come good, but all depends on him and his next manager.

Yep get rid of hart, gazzaniga, rose, davies, doherty, aurier, dier, sanchez, sissoko, lamela.

Winks could maybe stay but he needs to be fined for his constant fudge ups. He is starting to become our dier of the midfield and I’m not talking about the dier of a few years ago...

Toby all depends on how many and how well we can recruit at centre back this summer.

WTF are you talking about? He was their best player initially, then he was forced to play out of position and a role that does not suit him, for a long time, then he has been injured for 5 months. Came back recently and had been very good.
No bias there form you
He came in and their form dropped
There was some interesting articles on it last season
This season he has been in and out as you say
I’ll see if I can find someone the articles form the Sheffield press

No bias there form you
He came in and their form dropped
There was some interesting articles on it last season
This season he has been in and out as you say
I’ll see if I can find someone the articles form the Sheffield press

I think that if we can sign him cheap, he could be flipped for a profit in a year's time. It feels like a potential Levy deal to me.

Yep get rid of hart, gazzaniga, rose, davies, doherty, aurier, dier, sanchez, sissoko, lamela.

Winks could maybe stay but he needs to be fined for his constant fudge ups. He is starting to become our dier of the midfield and I’m not talking about the dier of a few years ago...

Toby all depends on how many and how well we can recruit at centre back this summer.

Forgot to mention foyth - been the best right back in Spain this season and due to injuries he never got a consistent run in that position for us.

If we are binning both aurier and doherty then foyth should take one of the berths unless of course villareal are able to sign him without our permission.

We had 32 first team squad members this season (including inward and outward loans and Danny Rose). We could lose nine of those without too much pain and not replace them. That's before we get to improving the squad.
I agree
And I’d really like us to get back to having back ups that are homegrown or young and hungry...not aged pros

I agree
And I’d really like us to get back to having back ups that are homegrown or young and hungry...not aged pros

The Conference should give us that opportunity, at least in the group stages. It would be good if Devine, John, Scarlett and Cirkin could make the squad. I wonder if there might be opportunities for Scarlett to be played wide. It would be an easier route into the first team.

If we keep Winks we are encouraging the same mediocrity, a guy that has never been good enough (like Dier) that demands playing time ..

There stories a couple of weeks ago were that he would be cheap. I don't think that he makes a lot of sense at pre-Covid market price.
How cheap is cheap?
To me if he is....someone like pool will snap him up as they want reinforcements there and will sell keita and lose wilnaldum

The Conference should give us that opportunity, at least in the group stages. It would be good if Devine, John, Scarlett and Cirkin could make the squad. I wonder if there might be opportunities for Scarlett to be played wide. It would be an easier route into the first team.
A lot depends on depth and plans for that conference
You would assume we would take a fringe squad and use it as for experience and fitness
Jose couldn’t speak high enough of Scarlett when he was here

I agree. I think that if we play two central midfielders in a 4-2-3-1 then one of Hojbjerg or Skipp alongside one of the other two gives us options. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new manager start with Højbjerg and Skipp at the beginning of the season because it is more solid and Skipp can do the ball carrying.

I do wonder whether Ndombele and Lo Celso are too similar and maybe that means we need to sell one of them. I am on the fence a bit.

I think we really need to reconsider the 4-2-3-1

It's a nightmare model to try to play possession or control game as you are almost always giving up numerical advantage in the center (at best in our model the two, plus 1 of the 3 in front are actually holding the CM position, this constantly goes up against 4 or 5 from opposition)

I think we really need to reconsider the 4-2-3-1

It's a nightmare model to try to play possession or control game as you are almost always giving up numerical advantage in the center (at best in our model the two, plus 1 of the 3 in front are actually holding the CM position, this constantly goes up against 4 or 5 from opposition)
Can work ok if you have Fbs supporting and playing well though
But I agree

Back