• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I'd absolutely love to see Poch back here. Sometime. But I'm not sure now is the time. I'd hate for it to go wrong for him, as there would be no coming back from that.
Also given that we need a full refresh, I don't know if bringing back Poch, and Perez, and Jiminez, and Miguel-whose-surname-I-can't-remember, into a club still harbouring a good number of players who were here when Poch left, some of whom had allegedly fallen out with him, or at least lost faith in him, is necessarily the best recipe for success.
Having said that, I'd still welcome him back with open arms if he were to be appointed.

Surely this could be a clean sweep ... Poch says Danny boy get rid of dier, sanchez, davies, etc etc ... only then plus 200 mil on top .... talk to me.

Poch return rumours gathering pace!

He is not on a long contract so if he was up for a return couldnt we just buy him out!? He must be tinkled that mbappe is off so he could be tempted!

Shame mou isnt still out of work as he’d be perfect for psg!

Who says MBappe is off? Can't see anything other than rumours.

Surely this could be a clean sweep ... Poch says Danny boy get rid of dier, sanchez, davies, etc etc ... only then plus 200 mil on top .... talk to me.

Yes, of course that could happen, but we've no idea how easy it's going to be to shift players in this window. Plus I suspect (some) players on international duty might want to drag things out until after the Euros.
I don't know, I just feel it's too soon for the return of the Poch.

I can't see us appointing Poch again so soon with so many of the players that seemingly downed tools still at the club. Not sure it would be such a wise decision, to be honest. I do hope we'll get him back at some point, but I don't think that point is now - unless, of course, promises are made for money to be spent, and us getting rid of players x and y. But I don't see that happening. Would be massively surprised if he's our man.

And where is the money coming from? The'd have to make some sales.

They’d make the money back in commercial activity related to the deals many times over the transfer fee. The debt will not stop the deals and they can raise some money through sales anyway if it was needed.

Previously the King has also helped finance deals where required but that wont be necessary here.

Remember the two players combined should in normal circumstances command a fee of £400m.

I'd absolutely love to see Poch back here. Sometime. But I'm not sure now is the time. I'd hate for it to go wrong for him, as there would be no coming back from that.
Also given that we need a full refresh, I don't know if bringing back Poch, and Perez, and Jiminez, and Miguel-whose-surname-I-can't-remember, into a club still harbouring a good number of players who were here when Poch left, some of whom had allegedly fallen out with him, or at least lost faith in him, is necessarily the best recipe for success.
Having said that, I'd still welcome him back with open arms if he were to be appointed.

You'd hope all sides would see that mistakes were made all round and "they never had it so good" when they were together.

Doubt there's any legs in the story but hypothetically speaking if he were to come back it would indicate he feels refreshed and ready to do the job and that he & the club have found some middle ground on whatever issues were a problem before, so I'm not sure why we'd need to wait a couple of years to make it happen

Back