• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Mate, Stones and Lovren are fudging comedy options, both of them looked WC next to Dias and VVD respectively

- Ideal = two top level CBs, sure, but considering how much Pool (waited 18 months on VVD), United (taken to cleaners on Maguire) and City (just overpaid early) struggled for that player, I don't see it.
- I don't want to see Dier/Sanchez in a Spurs shirt again, I think Toby/Rodon with a top level CB and midfield personnel/system improvements can do it.

Totally different topic, but I'd bet on Pool being next season's underachievers ..
They are three notches up from Sanchez and five from Dier. Toby still has a part to play for us but I don’t think we can rely on him for a whole season, he is ideal, experienced cover.

Fingers crossed on your last statement.

Yep, none of us know .. club is playing this one close to chest ..

Not just the manager but all of it.
We've been linked with players coming in and leaving and then nothing, sources dried up.
That the senior members of the team do not appear to know what is happening is odd.
I suspect a lot of the spade work has been done and after the first announcement is made things will happen very quickly.

Lamptey. He's had an excellent season. I have seen him being linked with a return to Chelsea, I think that they have an option.
No option from what I read when he was playing
They roostered up there if true
But he isn’t great defensively and needs that side if his game coached more

https://talksport.com/football/7623...ing Machine-chelsea-buy-back-clause-brighton/

They won’t sell him cheap
Hell we have spurs fans who think he is brilliant :(:mad::confused:
I don't think Berge is brilliant, but he's decent as it is, and has a lot of potential. Only 23 years old. My preferred CM/DM would be Neuhaus, but Berge would be a decent option if other targets are unavailable.

I don't think Berge is brilliant, but he's decent as it is, and has a lot of potential. Only 23 years old. My preferred CM/DM would be Neuhaus, but Berge would be a decent option if other targets are unavailable.
Berge could be fine
From what I’ve seen and read their fans and the local press at Sheffield couldn’t understand the signing. He came in and wasn’t as effective as the guys he was replacing
That doesn’t mean he isn’t any good
Neahaus has been class when I’ve seen him play. Dictating games and bossing it from midfield
Exactly what we miss a lot

Poch return rumours gathering pace!

He is not on a long contract so if he was up for a return couldnt we just buy him out!? He must be tinkled that mbappe is off so he could be tempted!

Shame mou isnt still out of work as he’d be perfect for psg!

In the Kane thread, everyone is suddenly believing that he will stay. And now here, the Poch rumours are picking up pace. I so wish that both turn out to be true, but I suppose it could also be seen as a sign of collective delusion after a bitterly disappointing season.

Are they really gathering pace? Or is everyone just clutching?

Well there is no chance of him being sacked as everyone has been hoping but all seem to have forgotten that he doesnt need to be sacked.

If he is up for a return i.e. daniel has admitted to poch that poch was right all along about painful rebuild etc and tells him kane is staying, poch could be tempted especially as mbappe is leaving.

If all of the above happens all we have to do is buy him out of his short contract at psg. Isnt it just one or two more years?

Well there is no chance of him being sacked as everyone has been hoping but all seem to have forgotten that he doesnt need to be sacked.

If he is up for a return i.e. daniel has admitted to poch that poch was right all along about painful rebuild etc and tells him kane is staying, poch could be tempted especially as mbappe is leaving.

If all of the above happens all we have to do is buy him out of his short contract at psg. Isnt it just one or two more years?

One more year. He signed an 18 month contract.

I'd absolutely love to see Poch back here. Sometime. But I'm not sure now is the time. I'd hate for it to go wrong for him, as there would be no coming back from that.
Also given that we need a full refresh, I don't know if bringing back Poch, and Perez, and Jiminez, and Miguel-whose-surname-I-can't-remember, into a club still harbouring a good number of players who were here when Poch left, some of whom had allegedly fallen out with him, or at least lost faith in him, is necessarily the best recipe for success.
Having said that, I'd still welcome him back with open arms if he were to be appointed.

Back