• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

He said ETH on View From The Lane last week. I can't see Rangnick as manager, it wouldn't be expensive and they could've appointed him weeks ago.
Exactly. As posted above, an ETH RR double act has the potential to be transformative for us!

I think Poch is so so unlikely. I'm also not sure its ETH -is he really that big a name and would demand that much $$$ to spend? Ditto Potter. Not sure. And Rodgers has said no. I feel its a random person who hasnt been spoken about much....no idea who that might be.....Zidane? Flick? Ancelotti? Luis Enrique?
Anyone worth their salt coming in will demand big money to spend. We need some reasonably major surgery on our squad with 2 x CBs and a CM absolutely vital if we want to have a chance of stepping up next year. On top of that the squad also needs a keeper who can be challenging Lloris for a first team spot in a year or so, a new right back and cover at CF. That is before considering whether we have to replace Kane and Bale. I would be very worried if we’re taking a manager who isn’t demanding lots to spend.

Last edited:
I hope its not going to be someone who agree’s to work with the current crop. We need someone to come in who is going to get rid of players and make the team their own.

Anyone worth their salt coming in will demand big money to spend. We need some reasonably major surgery on our squad with 2 x CBs and a CM absolutely vital if we want to have a chance of stepping up next year. On top of that the squad also needs a keeper who can be challenging Lloris for a first team spot in a year or so, a new right back and cover at CF. That is before considering whether we have to replace Kane and Bale. I would be very worried if we’re taking a manager who isn’t demanding lots to spend.

I think that anyone worth their salt would ask for a clear out to reduce squad size. I think that recruitment wise we have two critical positions (CB and RB) where we need to strengthen. You can add CF to that if Kane is sold. After that it is about balance, who is available and who we get decent offers for. I would have a lot of players available if we got a decent bid.

I'd be happy to see a small squad with academy players involved in the early rounds of the domestic cups and Conference group stage.

I hope its not going to be someone who agree’s to work with the current crop. We need someone to come in who is going to get rid of players and make the team their own.

Don't panic, Rangnick has been working quietly behind the scenes and has already got sales in place for half the squad lol

I think that anyone worth their salt would ask for a clear out to reduce squad size. I think that recruitment wise we have two critical positions (CB and RB) where we need to strengthen. You can add CF to that if Kane is sold. After that it is about balance, who is available and who we get decent offers for. I would have a lot of players available if we got a decent bid.

I'd be happy to see a small squad with academy players involved in the early rounds of the domestic cups and Conference group stage.
At present we are weaker in CM than we are at RB. We currently have one capable CM player and a youngster who has a season of Championship football under his belt. Put a proper player alongside Hojbjerg and it gives our decent attacking options a platform to play.

At present we are weaker in CM than we are at RB. We currently have one capable CM player and a youngster who has a season of Championship football under his belt. Put a proper player alongside Hojbjerg and it gives our decent attacking options a platform to play.
Doesn’t fix incompetent CBs

I think that Hojbjerg, Skipp, Lo Celso and Ndombele are quite a good group on paper and I'd like to see what they could do in a properly coached side. I wouldn't be surprised to see us go for Berge if he is available cheap.

I think that Hojbjerg, Skipp, Lo Celso and Ndombele are quite a good group on paper and I'd like to see what they could do in a properly coached side. I wouldn't be surprised to see us go for Berge if he is available cheap.
I can see us selling Ndombele now
And replacing him with a more reliable player
Tanguy has talent but the work to get his head right is still significant
Replace him with someone like Bissouma (who looks like he is joining pool) and that CM us better even if not as pretty
We do need 2 CBS and a right back to replace Aurier who is leaving this summer, and an additional striker to replace Vini unless we think Scarlett can step up

I'm with you on the CM options, and then keep Winks for 12 months more as 5th choice whilst Harvey White gets another year on loan

Regarding Berge, I worry about his mobility....

In midfield and defence, we have too many squad players and not enough '1st on the team sheet' players. Hugo and Hojbjerg give us something to work from. Still leaves at least 4 spots up for grabs with no clear player staking a claim. Even Toby is not really good for a whole season.

Whether we can sell any of the 'padding' over the summer is a big question. Who's going to pay money for our cast-offs? We might have to loan with an option to buy. But if the other club is not prepared to pay their wages, you think we may as well keep them around here for cup games. Very hard to deal with the bloated squad.

I'm with you on the CM options, and then keep Winks for 12 months more as 5th choice whilst Harvey White gets another year on loan

Regarding Berge, I worry about his mobility....
He is surprisingly mobile
But he has flopped at Sheffield
I liked the look of him before he joined them so maybe he is an option

In midfield and defence, we have too many squad players and not enough '1st on the team sheet' players. Hugo and Hojbjerg give us something to work from. Still leaves at least 4 spots up for grabs with no clear player staking a claim. Even Toby is not really good for a whole season.

Whether we can sell any of the 'padding' over the summer is a big question. Who's going to pay money for our cast-offs? We might have to loan with an option to buy. But if the other club is not prepared to pay their wages, you think we may as well keep them around here for cup games. Very hard to deal with the bloated squad.
All depends on how much we want to push on with younger players
There is a lot that can shipped on with no detriment to squad depth really
Players like sissoko, lamela, any of the CBS not acquired in the last season could leave and have no impact on the squad
Ben Davies could be replaced by Sessegnon and also Cirkin
Eyoma will come back having played a whole season all be it at a lower level but he was held in higher regard than Tanganga.
it all comes down to the coaches plans and aspirations
I’d love us to clear out Toby, Dier and Sanchez and bring in a couple of CBS and give eyoma, Tanganga and Rodon games in Europe and the league as required. It would be brave but the CBS wouldn’t be worse than what we have seen this season

On paper the main 3 from that list should give us really good balance but it's not really quite worked out, granted they've not played much together when everyones fit but seems we lack some guile from the centre although both Le Celso and Ndombele are able to create chances and move the ball quickly when they want too. Maybe it's a case of they're both good players but not consistent enough.

I like Skipp but wonder if he'd be better staying with Norwich for a season with an option to recall him back in January.

Back