• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Him saying it is going to be expensive suggests ETH or Potter to me

At first of his tweet, I read it as the manager would be expensive to extract i.e. pay off to his club. However looking at it again, it reads more like the new manager will test Levy's willingness to spend. The bits in bold below in particular - "someone" (not some club) who will test our resolve. "Ambition" suggests to me to want to move up and compete, which is more linked to players than just a manager with the same squad

"Understand Spurs have decided on the top candidate to become their next manager & hope to appoint him in next 7-10 days. However, it's someone who will test Spurs' financial resolve. Time to show ambition. That and Kane, Bale's future in my talking points."

I think if you take this tweet, it probably does rule out Potter, maybe Rodgers too....and does it open up random people like Zidane or others. It could be someone completely left0field who hadnt been linked before given that they were out of our league

The problem with that tweet, of course, is that Gold also doesn't know. If we were to take his info at face value, and I agree with Adam B's exegesis here, my best guess would be Conte. I'm not sure if that would be a good outcome to be perfectly honest, but he (Conte) would be in a position to ask guarantees from Levy that Kane will stay for example - unlike Potter.

The problem with that tweet, of course, is that Gold also doesn't know. If we were to take his info at face value, and I agree with Adam B's exegesis here, my best guess would be Conte. I'm not sure if that would be a good outcome to be perfectly honest, but he (Conte) would be in a position to ask guarantees from Levy that Kane will stay for example - unlike Potter.

He rules out Conte though in the article.

For me it all points to Poch but would depend how far Ally Gold has been briefed. If we were looking at bringing Poch back wouldn’t Gold say something like get ready for earth shattering news etc....

A Poch return however is the only one that fits all the suggestions he makes. Yes others fit it too but bar Ancelotti he rules those names out such as Conte, Rodgers.

Then again in the talks we had with ETH he may have said he wants big money to spend, so could still be him after all.

He rules out Conte though in the article.

For me it all points to Poch but would depend how far Ally Gold has been briefed. If we were looking at bringing Poch back wouldn’t Gold say something like get ready for earth shattering news etc....

A Poch return however is the only one that fits all the suggestions he makes. Yes others fit it too but bar Ancelotti he rules those names out such as Conte, Rodgers.

Then again in the talks ETH may have said he wants big money to spend, so could still be him after all.

I think Poch is so so unlikely. I'm also not sure its ETH -is he really that big a name and would demand that much $$$ to spend? Ditto Potter. Not sure. And Rodgers has said no. I feel its a random person who hasnt been spoken about much....no idea who that might be.....Zidane? Flick? Ancelotti? Luis Enrique?

Athletic saying its ETH.

Its obviously him as will cost a fair bit to get him from Ajax and in the talks he probably said he needed/wanted significant backing if he was to leave Ajax. This is why we probably paused talks as ideally at the time Levy wanted to do his same old penny pinching this summer, yet the Kane news may have focussed minds at the very top of the club and made them realise that to have any hope of getting back in the CL we need to keep Kane and spend big, which is a combination that allows an amazing coach like ETH to be appointed.

I think if you take this tweet, it probably does rule out Potter, maybe Rodgers too....and does it open up random people like Zidane or others. It could be someone completely left0field who hadnt been linked before given that they were out of our league

I hope that isn't the route we go down. We will lose an arm's race against City and Chelsea, we need to be a bit cleverer.

Athletic saying its ETH.

Its obviously him as will cost a fair bit to get him from Ajax and in the talks he probably said he needed/wanted significant backing if he was to leave Ajax. This is why we probably paused talks as ideally at the time Levy wanted to do his same old penny pinching this summer, yet the Kane news may have focussed minds at the very top of the club and made them realise that to have any hope of getting back in the CL we need to keep Kane and spend big, which is a combination that allows an amazing coach like ETH to be appointed.

Would explain why they thought they could wrap it up before the end of the Pl season as well

Where have you read that? Or are you taking that from View From The Lane where they said that they thought he was most likely out if the known candidates.
Defo says ETH or Rangnick are current favourites in JPB’s latest article today… but we’re yet to make our mind up :(

Defo says ETH or Rangnick are current favourites in JPB’s latest article today… but we’re yet to make our mind up :(

He said ETH on View From The Lane last week. I can't see Rangnick as manager, it wouldn't be expensive and they could've appointed him weeks ago.

Back