• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Potter would bring some respect back to the club - he's a decent human being. That cancerous idiot before him couldn't be more of a contrast to him

He also plays good football. Again, something sorely missing over the last 18 months

My only reservation is that he isnt a 'name' so he'll need help from the club to bring in players, particularly in the first 12-24 months whilst he establishes his name. Whether that help is from wages, transfer fees, decent scouting for lesser known players who can grow or whatever...he'll need that help.

However he's very reminiscent of Poch. A decent individual, plays good football, not a big name, big step up for them,....lots of similarities.

Therefore i'd be very happy to see him at Spurs, but would like him to have the support of a decent DoF (Rangnick, Campos etc)

I’m coming round to the idea of Potter - but agree, only under a DoF.

On Bielsa;

✔️ 2nd lowest wage bill
✔️ 4th cheapest Premier League squad
✔️ Top half finish in their first season in the Premier League

Leeds run more than any other team... by a mind blowing amount. They're almost off the chart

Is there any reason we think Potter and his team are not capable of finding good players without a DOF?

For me its about taking some of the burden off the manager - a manager has two games per week taken up with matches, training to take, preparation for upcoming matches etc.

To add to that overseeing the various scouts which we have, agreeing who to watch, getting reports back from them etc etc - it just seem sensible to me to take that part of a manager's shoulders and have someone doing it, along with other DoF responsibilities. Let the manager focus more on the first team and results

For me its about taking some of the burden off the manager - a manager has two games per week taken up with matches, training to take, preparation for upcoming matches etc.

To add to that overseeing the various scouts which we have, agreeing who to watch, getting reports back from them etc etc - it just seem sensible to me to take that part of a manager's shoulders and have someone doing it, along with other DoF responsibilities. Let the manager focus more on the first team and results

I agree with this generally. I just sensed people wanted Potter with a DOF more so than the others and assumed there was a specific reason.

I agree with this generally. I just sensed people wanted Potter with a DOF more so than the others and assumed there was a specific reason.
I think people just want us to buy and sell better and in line with a plan and structure
The coach then supports that structure as part if the management team
Potter has a DOF above him at Brighton in Dan Ashworth all be it his role is called technical director

Euros start in less than 3 weeks.

will the new man be in charge by then? Would be good to announce before all the players leave for the summer.

Euros start in less than 3 weeks.

will the new man be in charge by then? Would be good to announce before all the players leave for the summer.

I'm expecting it to be by this time next week!! The major leagues will have wrapped up this evening...I'm not sure what extra info would be expected to arrive, or what might change, beyond today. Potential candidates should have the time to speak and focus on whether they want it or not

Rang nick and ETH by Friday.
A few days with players before they head off to the euros.
Three signings announced before the euros, lots of farewells.

Brendan Rodgers will announce it after the game today. Makes perfect sense, Levy won’t even have to pay for transport for BR to come and introduce himself to the squad. He will literally congratulate Leicester on a big 6-0 win that wasn’t quite enough to get Champions league football then head over to the changing room next door to tell all the Spurs players they are top lads.

Back