• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I think I saw something earlier that Galtier might be on his way from Lille to join Nice. Surprised that we haven't had any interest in him?..... Him and Campos as a pair could've transformed this club IMO.

After 30 years in coaching. Still aint heard of you.

Been watching some stuff on Burkinshaw recently and there does seem to be some parallels between him and Potter, mainly that they are both dull boring men :D

Could do worse I suppose but dont forget Burkinshaw was able to sign villa, ardilles, crooks, archibald, had hoddle, perryman, hughton, clemence etc ;)

I think I saw something earlier that Galtier might be on his way from Lille to join Nice. Surprised that we haven't had any interest in him?..... Him and Campos as a pair could've transformed this club IMO.

He's done well at Lille. I'm not convinced Levy will go for a manager who hasnt manager in the PL (Ramos and Gross failed quickly); the only one who hadnt managed in the PL but succeeded for us was Jol, however he'd at least played in England

He's done well at Lille. I'm not convinced Levy will go for a manager who hasnt manager in the PL (Ramos and Gross failed quickly); the only one who hadnt managed in the PL but succeeded for us was Jol, however he'd at least played in England
That's a pretty small pool, and would at one time excluded Klopp, pep, Jose.
In fact how far back do you need to go to find a manager that won the PL that didn't come from outwith English football.
Or actually any trophy.

Gross was Sugar era. I don't think lack of PL experience will make much difference, we were presumably genuinely keen on Nagelsman before he got a better offer.

He was assistant manager at portsmouth if that helps.

One thing's for sure, making everybody wait for so long wasn't a very clever move. The club did say Mason would be in charge until the end of the season but they knew speculation would be running wild in the meantime.

Everybody had a horse in that race. A four-week wait to get Rangnick plus a recognised manager would probably be perceived as a time well-spent to think about major changes within the club structure. A four-week wait to get Potter... well, not so much. Once again, we've backed ourselves into a corner: if we fail to attract a top-tier manager, some fans will be disappointed and that, in turn, will add extra pressure on a manager who probably doesn't need that.

Shame.

One thing's for sure, making everybody wait for so long wasn't a very clever move. The club did say Mason would be in charge until the end of the season but they knew speculation would be running wild in the meantime.

Everybody had a horse in that race. A four-week wait to get Rangnick plus a recognised manager would probably be perceived as a time well-spent to think about major changes within the club structure. A four-week wait to get Potter... well, not so much. Once again, we've backed ourselves into a corner: if we fail to attract a top-tier manager, some fans will be disappointed and that, in turn, will add extra pressure on a manager who probably doesn't need that.

Shame.
No matter who we get there will be some that are going to be disappointed.

Is Rangnick in a job at the moment? If not it doesn’t look like he’ll be appointed as there would’ve been no reason not to get it done sooner. In the case of Rodgers, Potter etc I guess we needed to wait until the end of season.

Is Rangnick in a job at the moment? If not it doesn’t look like he’ll be appointed as there would’ve been no reason not to get it done sooner. In the case of Rodgers, Potter etc I guess we needed to wait until the end of season.
No, he left Redbull last year. If he was to be made DoF it would probably be a case of announcing the manager and DoF at the same time.

That's a pretty small pool, and would at one time excluded Klopp, pep, Jose.
In fact how far back do you need to go to find a manager that won the PL that didn't come from outwith English football.
Or actually any trophy.

I'm not saying foreign managers cant succeed at all - I'm saying that Levy doesnt have a track record of appointing managers who haven't managed in the PL before

No matter who we get there will be some that are going to be disappointed.

It's true but the level of disappointment won't be exactly the same if you unveil, say, Klopp or Guardiola or Dyche or Potter. People will get over it during the summer but they won't be as patient with an (relatively) unknown manager. A poor start to the season would be considered as the beginning of a painful rebuild under Rodgers or Ten Hag. In the same situation, Potter or Terzic would be considered out of their depth.

I'm not saying foreign managers cant succeed at all - I'm saying that Levy doesnt have a track record of appointing managers who haven't managed in the PL before
Not saying that is what you are saying, more that Levy will appoint who he thinks is the best choice regardless of where he comes from.

Not saying that is what you are saying, more that Levy will appoint who he thinks is the best choice regardless of where he comes from.
There might be an element of beggars can’t be choosers about it. I think it will be telling on whether or not Rodgers accepts the position. Now that we’ve ensured Leicester won’t be in the champions league I think there is an increased chance that he might choose to join us instead of staying put. If Levy can persuade Rodgers then that would indicate that the chairman is giving adequate backing. If not then it’s a worry.

Anyway, I notice that Potter passed his audition with flying colours today! o_O

A lot of talk for Ragnick but has there been any credible links?

From what I've read I think our shortlist is likely Ten Hag, Rodgers or Potter - all have their pros and cons but I'd be happy with any of them.

Back