• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Lopetegui has barely been mentioned has he? Doesnt rule him out....but Levy hasnt often gone for managers who haven't managed in the PL before. Those which he has:

- Gross: abject failure
- Ramos: failed
- santini: quit early
- Jol: success

Doesnt convince me that he'll go for someone who is new to the PL
He fits the profile though - attractive football, brings through youth, but also a big name who has managed superstars. He's also one who we wouldn't be able to announce until after this weekend (and he'd be very sharp on this after his Spain experience)

I don't think anyone in the press has a clue, so I'm not worried about who we are linked with or not. And hopefully someone like Rangnack is recruiting the coach this time, not Levy

He fits the profile though - attractive football, brings through youth, but also a big name who has managed superstars. He's also one who we wouldn't be able to announce until after this weekend (and he'd be very sharp on this after his Spain experience)

I don't think anyone in the press has a clue, so I'm not worried about who we are linked with or not. And hopefully someone like Rangnack is recruiting the coach this time, not Levy

All fair points, but I just dont see Levy going for someone who doesnt have PL experience

Did you go there for the final ?
It may look nice on tv but the infastructure for fans is awful
I honestly reckon most League 2 sides has better facilities

Sadly not enough loyalty points to attend cup finals… the furniture on display at Metropolitano seems to be of better quality than what we’ve got though…

Absolute toss wasn't it, the amount of people I saw struggling in the heat walking up the hill to the stadium with no shade or nothing, there could have at least been shuttle buses or something
Yeah it was kinda third world
Not impressed
I do think we got stitched up with the station and set up

Potter would bring some respect back to the club - he's a decent human being. That cancerous idiot before him couldn't be more of a contrast to him

He also plays good football. Again, something sorely missing over the last 18 months

My only reservation is that he isnt a 'name' so he'll need help from the club to bring in players, particularly in the first 12-24 months whilst he establishes his name. Whether that help is from wages, transfer fees, decent scouting for lesser known players who can grow or whatever...he'll need that help.

However he's very reminiscent of Poch. A decent individual, plays good football, not a big name, big step up for them,....lots of similarities.

Therefore i'd be very happy to see him at Spurs, but would like him to have the support of a decent DoF (Rangnick, Campos etc)

Last edited:
Anyone think it could be a campos/Nuno team ?

There have been denials about Nuno coming to Spurs; I havent trawled for direct quotes, but not sure that there is any reaon for anyone to deny it if Spurs was his next place

I get the Mendes link, but would Nuno fit the profile which Levy has said he's after? His teams knock the ball around but I'm not sure I'd say that they're entertaining or attacking

There have been denials about Nuno coming to Spurs; I havent trawled for direct quotes, but not sure that there is any reaon for anyone to deny it if Spurs was his next place

I get the Mendes link, but would Nuno fit the profile which Levy has said he's after? His teams knock the ball around but I'm not sure I'd say that they're entertaining or attacking

was thinking more about campos
And he could link with Nuno
It’s just me speculating as I haven’t heard a word about it

Potter would bring some respect back to the club - he's a decent human being. That cancerous idiot before him couldn't be more of a contrast to him

He also plays good football. Again, something sorely missing over the last 18 months

My only reservation is that he isnt a 'name' so he'll need help from the club to bring in players, particularly in the first 12-24 months whilst he establishes his name. Whether that help is from wages, transfer fees, decent scouting for lesser known players who can grow or whatever...he'll need that help.

However he's very reminiscent of Poch. A decent individual, plays good football, not a big name, big step up for them,....lots of similarities.

Therefore i'd be very happy to see him at Spurs, but would like him to have the support of a decent DoF (Rangnick, Campos etc)
I think a manager attracting a certain level players is a bit of a myth. The top players sign for top wages, status of the club and Champions league football so if we are able to offer those things to the big players they would be gettable. I don’t think the likes of Bruno Fernandes was so bothered about playing for Ole, and more interested in the large pay packet and European football on offer....

I think a manager attracting a certain level players is a bit of a myth. The top players sign for top wages, status of the club and Champions league football so if we are able to offer those things to the big players they would be gettable. I don’t think the likes of Bruno Fernandes was so bothered about playing for Ole, and more interested in the large pay packet and European football on offer....

I dont disagree, but my comment in that regard was over the next 12-24 months. After that, if we're in the CL etc we're fine

But this summer and perhaps next summer, how do we stack up against say Arsenal and everton, let alone Cheatski and Man U, when it comes to attracting players? We probably cant offer European football this year....so per my post above, how do we compete? wage? fees? the potential? Its not impossible to bring in good players, but it won't be anywhere near as easy for us as it was a couple years ago. Potter just needs as much help as possible in the near-term in this regard

I dont disagree, but my comment in that regard was over the next 12-24 months. After that, if we're in the CL etc we're fine

But this summer and perhaps next summer, how do we stack up against say Arsenal and everton, let alone Cheatski and Man U, when it comes to attracting players? We probably cant offer European football this year....so per my post above, how do we compete? wage? fees? the potential? Its not impossible to bring in good players, but it won't be anywhere near as easy for us as it was a couple years ago. Potter just needs as much help as possible in the near-term in this regard
Personally I don’t think it would be anymore difficult than if we had Mourinho or any other manager to attract players operating under the same restrictions.

But regardless it’s a good opportunity to start recruiting young hungry players with big potential again whether it be on these shores or abroad. We have enough status to do this with or without European football.....

'll be really disappointed if it's Potter coming in. We'll play 'pretty' but ineffective football
All depends which strikers we buy to replace Son and Kane

We aint selling son. You'd have to pay more for him than kane. We also did a deal that stopped him having to do 2 years of national service. No chance.

Back