• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

The mistake is comparing Ndombele, Lo Celso and Reguilon to 2016 Dembele, Eriksen and Rose, rather than the 2014 versions of them.

Two years of decent coaching and some proper physical conditioning, and I'm fairly confident all three will be top drawer players. Our issue is just that this was put on hold for two years by having a manager who didn't develop players
And also 2 years before that by a chairman that didn’t sign them.... 4 years of catching up is a lot to do.

The mistake is comparing Ndombele, Lo Celso and Reguilon to 2016 Dembele, Eriksen and Rose, rather than the 2014 versions of them.

Two years of decent coaching and some proper physical conditioning, and I'm fairly confident all three will be top drawer players. Our issue is just that this was put on hold for two years by having a manager who didn't develop players

That's kind of the point I was trying to make but you made it clearer. Thank you, I agree

What’s the deal with Joao Sacramento? Kept reading what a coup it was to get him as our assistant manager but he doesn’t seem to have lived up to the hype at all.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...hotspur-is-a-coaching-prodigy-shaped-in-wales

https://www.football.london/tottenh...g-joao-sacramento-mourinho-tottenham-18308267

Before we start, WTF has "being a mod" got to do with anything? "Have clout"? What are you talking about? Care to be specific? Actually, why not be specific! Go PM if you must. I contribute to this forum just like you, just like anyone. If you're insinuating anything differently then you should say it.

You say "the facts are not addressed" but in fact, they are, you are just ignoring them. He failed to get us through the CL last season, he failed to qualify us for it, and he failed to progress us through the Europa this season. He was flirting with European qualification, yes. The cup? I noted that had nothing to do with him, even though (and do forgive me) the Carabao Cup is not what I expected Mourinho to deliver as his "trophy".

Yeah, he was the wrong person for this job. You might not read everything I write, so I will again state that from the getgo I said he would get my support as out manager because he was out manager, and if he delivered I'd be happy to eat it. But sadly, it did not work out that way, because he is a busted flash, an Amstrad in an Apple age.

Tongue in cheek comment about you being a mod mate, at the end of the day we are all spurs fans. We just massively disagree.

Again his last two appointments before spurs proves that he is certainly not a busted flush. The stats, the trophies and win percentage certainly prove that.

I get that you didn't like him or his style of football but let's not gloss over the facts.

What’s the deal with Joao Sacramento? Kept reading what a coup it was to get him as our assistant manager but he doesn’t seem to have lived up to the hype at all.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...hotspur-is-a-coaching-prodigy-shaped-in-wales

https://www.football.london/tottenh...g-joao-sacramento-mourinho-tottenham-18308267
I thought he came across quite badly in the documentary. A bit of a simple happy clappy type.

I think it's an interesting comparison with Jesus Perez. Perez's role was a similar 'good cop'/player-facing one, but Perez was clearly also as tactically astute as Poch

I thought he came across quite badly in the documentary. A bit of a simple happy clappy type.

I think it's an interesting comparison with Jesus Perez. Perez's role was a similar 'good cop'/player-facing one, but Perez was clearly also as tactically astute as Poch
Perez is a fitness guy
That’s what he studied
He also is part of Poch issue in that he is his best mate/lacky
The players needed that fresh voice alongside him at Spurs imo

Poch was sacked because the team was failing, just because your opinion of players is different then others does not change that. I am not defending Jose but i wish s ome fans will stop believing that Poch had not lost the plot as well.

I thought it always looked like a mutual parting of ways. poch and levy had a very courteous falling out.

Perez is a fitness guy
That’s what he studied
He also is part of Poch issue in that he is his best mate/lacky
The players needed that fresh voice alongside him at Spurs imo
The balance with Perez and Poch seemed about right. They were one voice, but Poch stayed a bit aloof while Perez was hands on with the people management side.

Sacramento just came across as a stooge who tried to be matey then told tales.

I agree about Poch needing to refresh his team a bit. He has brought in a 5th member at PSG, albeit it's his son. If he'd stayed, maybe that would have happened organically with a mason, king, powell, Parker or Taylor.

We are distinctly average now if you take out the performances of Kane. The reason why some people are still disagreeing on the quality of the squad is because there is a difference between talent and meteorology/drive. Some of the players just aren’t good enough full stop. But one of the biggest issues is we still have far too many players who were here 4-5 years ago - more than any other squad. These players went through massive hoops for Poch and you just can’t maintain that level for that long unless you are genuinely top class like Kane. It’s not that some of those players are bad players, it’s just that they have been here too long and got comfortable not pushing themselves - they need a change of scenery for themselves and for the club.....

There are 92 teams in the english league. We are in the top 10. That's not average.

There are 92 teams in the english league. We are in the top 10. That's not average.

In terms of the Premier league we are average. We’re heading for 59 pts for the second season in a row. Have to go back to 2008/09 for the last time before last season that we got under 60 pts.
We have seriously declined over the past 4 seasons based on league performance.

In terms of the Premier league we are average. We’re heading for 59 pts for the second season in a row. Have to go back to 2008/09 for the last time before last season that we got under 60 pts.
We have seriously declined over the past 4 seasons based on league performance.

Yes we have. And yes we should be a bit disappointed. But angry? No. There are teams far worse off than us, their fans still support and love them. First world problems and all that.

Back