• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I think that he is a bit if a prick but he's also a good manager and has got Leicester playing some lovely football. The difference between us and Leicester is that they are more than the sum of their parts, Mourinho never managed that with us.
I don’t think they are so much more than a sum of their parts - think the difference is more that they purchase well, they are in the market of buying talented players and they seem to adapt quickly to the league. This is what we need to get back to, purchasing energetic hungry players. We look pedestrian so often, I think we could do with an injection of pace - we don’t scare defences often enough....

I don’t think they are so much more than a sum of their parts - think the difference is more that they purchase well, they are in the market of buying talented players and they seem to adapt quickly to the league. This is what we need to get back to, purchasing energetic hungry players. We look pedestrian so often, I think we could do with an injection of pace - we don’t scare defences often enough....

I know that I am swimming against the tide here but I think that most of our signings have been good the last few years but have come into an unsettled environment and a manager that did not set up the team to get the best out of them. I am sure that Rodgers could have got this team to finish in the top four whilst playing better football than the dross we have been served up this season.

I know that I am swimming against the tide here but I think that most of our signings have been good the last few years but have come into an unsettled environment and a manager that did not set up the team to get the best out of them. I am sure that Rodgers could have got this team to finish in the top four whilst playing better football than the dross we have been served up this season.

Which signings have given any application? Or even hinted that can play in a top four team? I would like to know.

So essentially saying that our squad's are on par witu Leicester and it's the managers fault? I think it's strange how you refuse to pay attention to Harry Kanes words, but continue with this obsession of pointing the finger at Mourinho.

The team is not good enough. A fact. Pochettino proved it, Mourinho proved it, kane has said it ....

The squad certainly needs improving but I think that it is good enough to get top four this season if it had been managed better.

I've listened to what Harry has said, I agree with a lot of it and disagree with some. He obviously bought into what Mourinho was trying to do, there are bits of that which I think are wrong and regressive.

Which signings have given any application? Or even hinted that can play in a top four team? I would like to know.

I don't think that they have come into an environment where they have had a chance to perform at their best. I think that the team played with fear under Mourinho and that is not the way to get the best out if people.

Excellent just ignore the fact that he was course to get into Europe and win a cup. Something that was expected of him. He didn't win crunch games? But still maintained a push for top 4/5 in a weird season.

Kane, listen to what he has had to say about Mourinho and the current team. I'd rather listen to the reality from Kane, a spurs man through and through ... (I know that you are a mod though and have clout).

I get it you hated him from day one, it's clear to see how the facts are not addressed.

Before we start, WTF has "being a mod" got to do with anything? "Have clout"? What are you talking about? Care to be specific? Actually, why not be specific! Go PM if you must. I contribute to this forum just like you, just like anyone. If you're insinuating anything differently then you should say it.

You say "the facts are not addressed" but in fact, they are, you are just ignoring them. He failed to get us through the CL last season, he failed to qualify us for it, and he failed to progress us through the Europa this season. He was flirting with European qualification, yes. The cup? I noted that had nothing to do with him, even though (and do forgive me) the Carabao Cup is not what I expected Mourinho to deliver as his "trophy".

Yeah, he was the wrong person for this job. You might not read everything I write, so I will again state that from the getgo I said he would get my support as out manager because he was out manager, and if he delivered I'd be happy to eat it. But sadly, it did not work out that way, because he is a busted flash, an Amstrad in an Apple age.

I don't think that they have come into an environment where they have had a chance to perform at their best. I think that the team played with fear under Mourinho and that is not the way to get the best out if people.

Cue a lecture about 'mentality' in 3-2-1...

I thikn he'd work well at Spurs and work well with Levy.

Would be great to have him under Rangnick, and preferably bringing Ben White and Tariq Lamptey with him when he comes too!!!

Hate to break it to you but we wern't brick then and we aint brick now.

We are not as good as we were, but we are not as bad as we have been.

what has changed is your expectations. Of what you think is good and bad. You think you deserve more. You don't. If you don't like it stop paying.
I don’t like the ‘if you don’t like it stop paying’ rhetoric. Other than the small group of very strange fans who change their club like the wind, the rest of us are stuck with our club from childhood and go to support them whenever we can. I’ve no idea what any of us ‘deserve’.... but we do pay the highest ticket prices in the UK and we also pay our chairman the highest directors salary in UK football. I think those two things should allow us to question whether we are as good and as well run as we could possibly be.

That’s fair, I think Lo Celso,Reguilon and Hojberg have been good signings. Jury is out for me with NDombele, he has skills for sure but I’m worried he is just a highlights player, he takes too long on the ball currently but let’s see how he’s coached with the next manager. I don’t agree regarding Rodgers, this squad needs a lot of change and the results would have been similar albeit playing a different brand of football.....

The
We are distinctly average now if you take out the performances of Kane. The reason why some people are still disagreeing on the quality of the squad is because there is a difference between talent and meteorology/drive. Some of the players just aren’t good enough full stop. But one of the biggest issues is we still have far too many players who were here 4-5 years ago - more than any other squad. These players went through massive hoops for Poch and you just can’t maintain that level for that long unless you are genuinely top class like Kane. It’s not that some of those players are bad players, it’s just that they have been here too long and got comfortable not pushing themselves - they need a change of scenery for themselves and for the club.....
The problem is that every player that has left has been replaced with a player worse than them.... Walker is much better than Aurier, Vertonghen streets ahead of Dier, Rose better than Regulion, Wanyama better than Hojbjeg, Dembele better than Ndombele, Eriksen miles ahead of Lo Celso. Our recruitment has been haphazard and poorly thought out. The only players of equal standard from Poch’s best team are those that remain from it.... Kane, Son, Lloris, Dele and Toby... and even then Toby is now clearly past his best and Dele looks a shadow of the player he was. It is why I am petrified for when we lose Harry this summer, that will be another position regressed.

That’s fair, I think Lo Celso,Reguilon and Hojberg have been good signings. Jury is out for me with NDombele, he has skills for sure but I’m worried he is just a highlights player, he takes too long on the ball currently but let’s see how he’s coached with the next manager. I don’t agree regarding Rodgers, this squad needs a lot of change and the results would have been similar albeit playing a different brand of football.....

The reason for my thinking is that players don't turn bad over night. The problem that we had is that we played with no discernible tactics other than to try and cancel out the other team and hope that Kane and Son can do something. I think that at one point that worked but in a league where even managers at small clubs are a lot more thorough and have their teams incredibly well drilled, it isn't enough any more.

The reason for my thinking is that players don't turn bad over night. The problem that we had is that we played with no discernible tactics other than to try and cancel out the other team and hope that Kane and Son can do something. I think that at one point that worked but in a league where even managers at small clubs are a lot more thorough and have their teams incredibly well drilled, it isn't enough any more.

Yes, similarly in Bale's final season (of first spell). A world class player who won some games single-handedly which covered up many other cracks

Excellent just ignore the fact that he was course to get into Europe and win a cup. Something that was expected of him. He didn't win crunch games? But still maintained a push for top 4/5 in a weird season.

Kane, listen to what he has had to say about Mourinho and the current team. I'd rather listen to the reality from Kane, a spurs man through and through ... (I know that you are a mod though and have clout).

I get it you hated him from day one, it's clear to see how the facts are not addressed.
I don’t think he was on course to win the cup but he probably should’ve got a chance to try. Fact that Levy put a smaller compensation pay out ahead of a trophy tells us all we need to know about ENICs priorities for Spurs.

The problem is that every player that has left has been replaced with a player worse than them.... Walker is much better than Aurier, Vertonghen streets ahead of Dier, Rose better than Regulion, Wanyama better than Hojbjeg, Dembele better than Ndombele, Eriksen miles ahead of Lo Celso. Our recruitment has been haphazard and poorly thought out. The only players of equal standard from Poch’s best team are those that remain from it.... Kane, Son, Lloris, Dele and Toby... and even then Toby is now clearly past his best and Dele looks a shadow of the player he was. It is why I am petrified for when we lose Harry this summer, that will be another position regressed.

I think that the flaw in this argument is that you are comparing incoming players who have come into a dysfunctional environment against the predecessors peak. Rose had a purple patch under Poch but either side of that his form isn't better than Reguilon. Likewise Walker, pre-Poch he had a lot in common with Aurier. Dembele was struggling for a position before Poch turned him into a ball carrying central midfielder (and most on here would have said that he was a poor replacement for Modric). Eriksen's form fell off a cliff towards the end, Lo Celso isn't a direct replacement and has had to contend with repeated injuries and being shifted around different positions. The common factor here is that a good manager finds a way to get the best out of his players and improves them. This was beyond Mourinho. We definitely need to improve the team, particularly in defence, and we need to freshen up the squad and clear out players who have grown stale but we also need a manager who looks further than the next game and can get the best out of the players that he has.

If fans had have been in the stadium with his brand of negative toxic stifling football there is no way he would have lasted as long as he did
Same as the Hammers who have blossomed under no fans, Jose earnt probably another £10m because of there being none

I think that the flaw in this argument is that you are comparing incoming players who have come into a dysfunctional environment against the predecessors peak. Rose had a purple patch under Poch but either side of that his form isn't better than Reguilon. Likewise Walker, pre-Poch he had a lot in common with Aurier. Dembele was struggling for a position before Poch turned him into a ball carrying central midfielder (and most on here would have said that he was a poor replacement for Modric). Eriksen's form fell off a cliff towards the end, Lo Celso isn't a direct replacement and has had to contend with repeated injuries and being shifted around different positions. The common factor here is that a good manager finds a way to get the best out of his players and improves them. This was beyond Mourinho. We definitely need to improve the team, particularly in defence, and we need to freshen up the squad and clear out players who have grown stale but we also need a manager who looks further than the next game and can get the best out of the players that he has.

The mistake is comparing Ndombele, Lo Celso and Reguilon to 2016 Dembele, Eriksen and Rose, rather than the 2014 versions of them.

Two years of decent coaching and some proper physical conditioning, and I'm fairly confident all three will be top drawer players. Our issue is just that this was put on hold for two years by having a manager who didn't develop players

Back