• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Really? I thought you said that the squad was top 4 quality, and that putting anyone else in charge would result in an immediate upturn in both performances and results.

I could be mistaken though.

I said anyone else in charge and we'd have finished top 4 this season - a season in which no one other than City has been much use. Look at Liverpool, been toilet all season and going to finish 4th.

A caretaker manager with no experience coming in at the end of the season for a handful of games and improving our ppg doesn't really do my position any harm either

'I think with Jose I had a great relationship... we got on from minute one. I think we understood each other, we had a similar mentality and how we saw stuff on the pitch, off the pitch and mentality in training, so we kind of built that relationship. Jose's got so much experience in the biggest of games and that's what I mean by saying we had a similar mentality in that aspect — in doing anything to win. And that's the game. Jose just wanted to win.
'That was the mentality he was trying to put into the players at Spurs: do anything to win and I think we did become more streetwise.'

'But maybe there were relationships that didn't quite work, but from my point of view, he was great for me.'

I said anyone else in charge and we'd have finished top 4 this season - a season in which no one other than City has been much use. Look at Liverpool, been toilet all season and going to finish 4th.

A caretaker manager with no experience coming in at the end of the season for a handful of games and improving our ppg doesn't really do my position any harm either

I agree. I really think that if Rodgers and Mourinho swapped places this season, our performances would be reversed.

Still no whispers about who it might be, Despite saying it would be announced before the end of the season right? I guess we have to wait until after tomorrow to get the last games out of the way

Come on Billy - a sample of 5 games for PPG vs Mourinhos 32 games where he played all the big 6 twice? Doesn’t support anything. None of his 5 fixtures have been against ‘difficult’ teams,and the fact in the reverse fixtures Mourinho had a better record. Lose to Leicester and Mourinho would have the better PPG anyway....

Come on Billy - a sample of 5 games for PPG vs Mourinhos 32 games where he played all the big 6 twice? Doesn’t support anything. None of his 5 fixtures have been against ‘difficult’ teams,and the fact in the reverse fixtures Mourinho had a better record. Lose to Leicester and Mourinho would have the better PPG anyway....

Of course it's a small sample size that means nothing, I'm surprised Mikey even brought it up tbh

Hate to break it to you but we wern't brick then and we aint brick now.

We are not as good as we were, but we are not as bad as we have been.

what has changed is your expectations. Of what you think is good and bad. You think you deserve more. You don't. If you don't like it stop paying.

I don’t think I deserve anything and I’ve not paid the club anything for ages.

Yes my expectations have changed, and I’m seeing exactly what I now expect from the majority of our players. Most of our problems are down to attitude and lack of effort imo, Jose didn’t fix that, but it was evident before we hired him so he didn’t create it either.

'I think with Jose I had a great relationship... we got on from minute one. I think we understood each other, we had a similar meteorology and how we saw stuff on the pitch, off the pitch and meteorology in training, so we kind of built that relationship. Jose's got so much experience in the biggest of games and that's what I mean by saying we had a similar meteorology in that aspect — in doing anything to win. And that's the game. Jose just wanted to win.
'That was the meteorology he was trying to put into the players at Spurs: do anything to win and I think we did become more streetwise.'

'But maybe there were relationships that didn't quite work, but from my point of view, he was great for me.'

Reading that, it’s not hard to believe that sacking someone Kane saw as an out and out winner a few days before a cup final was the final straw for him.

Could also help to explain why someone who has been ultra loyal has got no qualms about making public his issues in the middle of an important run-in in which we are scrapping to be in Europe next season.

Ah no you cant say that cos rodgers is a prick mate ;)

I think that he is a bit if a prick but he's also a good manager and has got Leicester playing some lovely football. The difference between us and Leicester is that they are more than the sum of their parts, Mourinho never managed that with us.

I agree. I really think that if Rodgers and Mourinho swapped places this season, our performances would be reversed.

So essentially saying that our squad's are on par witu Leicester and it's the managers fault? I think it's strange how you refuse to pay attention to Harry Kanes words, but continue with this obsession of pointing the finger at Mourinho.

The team is not good enough. A fact. Pochettino proved it, Mourinho proved it, kane has said it ....

Wouldn't mind Potter and I'm assuming Levy would absolutely love him for working on a shoestring budget.

What about the whole set up at lille?

We are distinctly average now if you take out the performances of Kane. The reason why some people are still disagreeing on the quality of the squad is because there is a difference between talent and meteorology/drive. Some of the players just aren’t good enough full stop. But one of the biggest issues is we still have far too many players who were here 4-5 years ago - more than any other squad. These players went through massive hoops for Poch and you just can’t maintain that level for that long unless you are genuinely top class like Kane. It’s not that some of those players are bad players, it’s just that they have been here too long and got comfortable not pushing themselves - they need a change of scenery for themselves and for the club.....

We’ve suffered more than twice as much squad stagnation than any of our peers since 2015/16, the Transfer Committee really have outdone themselves!

Spurs:
Lloris (34), Alderweireld (32), Dier (27), Davies (28), Rose (30), Winks (25), Dele (25), Lamela (29), Son (28), Kane (27).

Leicester:
Schmeichel (34), Morgan (37), Albrighton (31), Vardy (34)

€iteh:
Fernandinho (36), De Bruyne (29), Sterling (26), Aguero (32)

ManUre:
De Gea (30), Jones, Shaw (25), Mata (33), Rashford (23)

Chavski:
Zouma (26), Azpilicueta (31), Abraham (23)

Dippers:
Milner (33), Firminho (29), Henderson (30)

Everton:
Coleman (32), Davies (22)

ARSEnal:

So essentially saying that our squad's are on par witu Leicester and it's the managers fault? I think it's strange how you refuse to pay attention to Harry Kanes words, but continue with this obsession of pointing the finger at Mourinho.

The team is not good enough. A fact. Pochettino proved it, Mourinho proved it, kane has said it ....

Jose Mourinho failed with us. He failed. He didn't win big European games and he didn't win the crunch Prem ones? Not one. The Carabao Cup? OK, obviously that is not his fault...robbed of the chance to emulate Juande Ramos and that gooner prick. Remember again how he got the job and what words he used...

Jose Mourinho failed with us. He failed. He didn't win big European games and he didn't win the crunch Prem ones? Not one. The Carabao Cup? OK, obviously that is not his fault...robbed of the chance to emulate Juande Ramos and that gooner prick. Remember again how he got the job and what words he used...

Excellent just ignore the fact that he was course to get into Europe and win a cup. Something that was expected of him. He didn't win crunch games? But still maintained a push for top 4/5 in a weird season.

Kane, listen to what he has had to say about Mourinho and the current team. I'd rather listen to the reality from Kane, a spurs man through and through ... (I know that you are a mod though and have clout).

I get it you hated him from day one, it's clear to see how the facts are not addressed.

Back