• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

That's why i hate it when we sack a manager: we get endless debates about whether he should have been sacked or hired in the first place. It's pointless, I think. He wasn't backed as much as he needed (which isn't necessarily the same as 'properly'), same as Pochettino and the end result was the same.

If that squad was so good, we would get Top 4 results without Mourinho. That's not happening, we're just as poor. The win against Southampton was as laboured and as bad as anything else we did this season. Now's probably as good a time as any to remember that some people (I can't be bother to check the names) claimed that as soon as Mourinho was gone, we could win all of our remaining games. It was supposed to 'take the shackles off', if I remember correctly. Well, so much for that.

Also, on a side note, when you go over the top with your criticism, it makes it pointless. I don't particularly like Mourinho but using terms like 'cancer' or 'poisonous' looks a bit childish to me - just like Pochettino isn't an idiot or a guru because of his lemons and auras.

The bottom line is, for various reasons, Mourinho didn't do the job he was hired to do. That's even more disapponting when you look at his resumé but, ironically, some people on here have been acting with the same kind of spite and hatred that they claim he's shown in his entire reign. Seriously guys, let it rest! I'm more curious to know who's the next guy to try his luck at managing this great club than reading for the umpteenth time what a lousy manager he is.

And yes, I know, you're not all here to entertain me but I wish you were! ;)

I will happily hold my hand up as "some people" and as an admin you are more than free to call me out on that by name mate.

I stayed quiet for a long, long time, yet still Poch's name would get raised over and over (trolling no doubt - I have always had a hard time resisting or understanding trolling). Yet it is clear that the same rules of conversation and analysis do not apply consistently.

So I found that personally speaking, keeping my counsel here felt increasingly disingenuous.

I appreciate the irony you have pointed out, however I cannot change how I feel about it. What I COULD change is whether I express it or not. For sure.

The criticisms are simple and binary. I will spare you given how much they've been aired. My personal view is not binary, true, but expressing it only diminishes the truth if you want to twist it that way. Facts are facts, and sure, fudge the personal opinions, but I don't believe in excuses or free passes, and if that does not entertain or amuse you my friend, yes, let's enjoy discussing Potter's future work (I hope he gets it).

Best as always...

I don't think you quite understand the definition of what a fact is.

Oh I think I do. But feel free to prove me wrong, I am never unhappy to learn what I previously did not understand.
What made him the right appointment for the club?
What did he improve?
How did he not make things significantly worse?
And finally, what defines a "fact" in your definition?

I am not trolling you, I am genuinely interested to see new "facts"...

I fully understand what you're trying to do with this graphic.
The context is that somehow we got 4th and got to the CL Final in 2019, and when you look at the early results the following season, it is all the more outrageous (in my opinion and doubtless not yours) that he was not given a greater turnaround chance. Mourinho won one CL game in his time here. One.

Still, never question a "winner" who wants "men" out there eh...

With hindsight, most of this squad of nearly-men should’ve been out the door before Pochettino and I’m praying that Levy finally recruits a competent Director of Football to oversee the rebuild; rather than let these bottle-jobs be allowed to dictate who coaches them.

We perhaps used up more than our fair share of luck to miraculously reach that CL final though, which is why some might say it was karma coming back to bite us on the ass the following season…

upload_2021-5-21_20-44-58.jpeg

Well they certainly performed at a high level with leadership qualities between 2016-19. Digging in deep many times to find the extra push despite injuries and whatever. In fact, City and Ajax results were achieved without Kane. I think it is safe to say that when someone like JM comes in, throws his record and weight around and picks a couple of regulars to spacegoat within months, the rest of the squad are going to try and buy into what 'The Special One' is selling. You seriously think every player is going to go against the manager's training edict? Right. What happens if one trains harder and gets hurt because of it? Come on...
I repeat, when you are at that level, you know, or at least SHOULD know, based on your own training diaries, what works for you, and what doesn't. If they don't have the courage to tell, Hey gaffer, this doesn't work for me. I'm not gonna be at my best like this. What has worked for me is bla bla bla... If I can do this instead of that, I know I'll be in a better condition bla bla... '
The coaching staffs job is to get the best out of the team, and if they don't look into a request like that, they're not doing their fudging job! It's that simple.

He was the wrong appointment for this club. Simple. He did NOTHING to help and MUCH to make FAR worse. Those are facts.

No the facts do not say that, they say that this bunch of players have been mostly brick under 3 managers now and until we get rid of a few of them it will continue that way.

And just to make it clear i am not crying, bitching about Jose getting the sack it does not really matter to me.

With hindsight, most of this squad of nearly-men should’ve been out the door before Pochettino and I’m praying that Levy finally recruits a competent Director of Football to oversee the rebuild; rather than let these bottle-jobs be allowed to dictate who coaches them.

We perhaps used up more than our fair share of luck to miraculously reach that CL final though, which is why some might say it was karma coming back to bite us on the ass the following season…

View attachment 11911

I still think that diamond nonsense contributed a fair amount to our demise back then :(

No the facts do not say that, they say that this bunch of players have been mostly brick under 3 managers now and until we get rid of a few of them it will continue that way.

And just to make it clear i am not crying, bitching about Jose getting the sack it does not really matter to me.

I don’t think we are any worse now than we were before he took over certainly.

View attachment 11911

I am not sure hindsight is necessary, someone just needed to be heard. Not as if he didn't say it and try to get it done a few times is it?

Yes, he needs to let someone do that job properly not half-arsed.

Was it your intention to run that 2-7 graphic as large as you did.
Did you go?
I did.
One of the most bizarre games I have ever seen.

I see that now the proportion of "luck" to "courage" and "bottle" in 2019 is firmly in favor of "luck"? I see. Of course we had some wild luck, absolutely, but 3-0 down to Ajax on aggregate at HT of the CL semi requires a little more than luck. As does coming out of the group with Barca having been smashed 4-2 at home.

Karma? We had a "serial winner" in charge for the last 16 against Dortmund. It was a double-whimper!

I repeat, when you are at that level, you know, or at least SHOULD know, based on your own training diaries, what works for you, and what doesn't. If they don't have the courage to tell, Hey gaffer, this doesn't work for me. I'm not gonna be at my best like Derp What has worked for me is bla bla bla... If I can do this instead of that, I know I'll be in a better condition bla bla... '
The coaching staffs job is to get the best out of the team, and if they don't look into a request like that, they're not doing their fudging job! It's that simple.

We literally have no idea whether they went and talked about it with him or not. The only thing we do know is that JM did not continue the conditioning work established prior in the same sense.

We failed to qualify for last season's CL.
We failed to qualify for this season's CL.
We have an imbalanced squad with several players below any standard they had prior to his arrival.
The facts are that he has not improved us and we have gone significantly backwards.
If it was Pochettino I'd say the same. Honest guv.

We failed to qualify for last season's CL.
We failed to qualify for this season's CL.
We have an imbalanced squad with several players below any standard they had prior to his arrival.
The facts are that he has not improved us and we have gone significantly backwards.
If it was Pochettino I'd say the same. Honest guv.

Some of the players that bombed under Poch have gone further down the tubes over the near two years Jose has been here. And i would say the same no matter who was manager. Honest Guv.

Some of the players that bombed under Poch have gone further down the tubes over the near two years Jose has been here. And i would say the same no matter who was manager. Honest Guv.

:D
OK, let's just agree that poor old Jose did nothing wrong and be done with it shall we?:D:D:D:D:D

Just remember, apparently previously it was Poch's fault because he "lacked winning mentality"...now it is the players.

Yeah i don't really know what you think Kane said that doesn't match up with what i said already tbh

That the players are not good enough and the blame was not with Mourinho. You have blasted Mourinho and defended the players to the hilt saying that they are good enough.

You even went as far as saying anyone could have done a better job.

Now it's that we needed more players ...

Back