• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

There is no manager, Not pochettino, not mourinho that can work with this mob. I think Harry Kane has it spot on.

Its been pretty obvious to a lot of fans for a long while that s ome of our players are a disgrace and have been going back to Pochs time. Sadly the hate from s ome fans for Jose has blinded them to that fact. Jesus i have even read s ome fans suggesting that Jose is NOT a serial winner. The players have been stealing a living for at least the last couple of years and until we all open our eyes and see that nothing will change.

We've danced this dance before mate, little need to do it again.

You've called me out because of what Kane said, but i agree with him that we need(ed) leaders in the team and that Mourinho did too - doesn't mean he was the right man for the job. If i was in charge of the team and had us rock bottom of the league the fact i too would need leaders wouldn't get me off the hook for poor performance.

We should be doing better than who with these players? City, Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester?

We should be doing better than who with these players? City, Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester?

Forget all of them for a moment

- Loss against Leeds
- Loss against Villa
- Loss and draw to West Ham
- Loss to Brighton
- Draw at Palace
- Draw with Saudi Sportswashing Machine

18 points, even at 50% that's 9 points, easily top 4

A side with Lloris, Toby, Ndombele, Son, Kane, Bale, Dele couldn't do better?

Forget all of them for a moment

- Loss against Leeds
- Loss against Villa
- Loss and draw to West Ham
- Loss to Brighton
- Draw at Palace
- Draw with Saudi Sportswashing Machine

18 points, even at 50% that's 9 points, easily top 4

A side with Lloris, Toby, Ndombele, Son, Kane, Bale, Dele couldn't do better?

Forget them? And remember other teams? Poor results I agree ... but we were not out of the race of the top 4 when he was sacked.

That's why i hate it when we sack a manager: we get endless debates about whether he should have been sacked or hired in the first place. It's pointless, I think. He wasn't backed as much as he needed (which isn't necessarily the same as 'properly'), same as Pochettino and the end result was the same.

If that squad was so good, we would get Top 4 results without Mourinho. That's not happening, we're just as poor. The win against Southampton was as laboured and as bad as anything else we did this season. Now's probably as good a time as any to remember that some people (I can't be bother to check the names) claimed that as soon as Mourinho was gone, we could win all of our remaining games. It was supposed to 'take the shackles off', if I remember correctly. Well, so much for that.

Also, on a side note, when you go over the top with your criticism, it makes it pointless. I don't particularly like Mourinho but using terms like 'cancer' or 'poisonous' looks a bit childish to me - just like Pochettino isn't an idiot or a guru because of his lemons and auras.

The bottom line is, for various reasons, Mourinho didn't do the job he was hired to do. That's even more disapponting when you look at his resumé but, ironically, some people on here have been acting with the same kind of spite and hatred that they claim he's shown in his entire reign. Seriously guys, let it rest! I'm more curious to know who's the next guy to try his luck at managing this great club than reading for the umpteenth time what a lousy manager he is.

And yes, I know, you're not all here to entertain me but I wish you were! ;)

This bit in the BBC article re. Nuno:

It has been clear all season he has not found it easy working in a pandemic, away from his family and trying to find answers to unexpected problems on the pitch.

That's why i hate it when we sack a manager: we get endless debates about whether he should have been sacked or hired in the first place. It's pointless, I think. He wasn't backed as much as he needed (which isn't necessarily the same as 'properly'), same as Pochettino and the end result was the same.

If that squad was so good, we would get Top 4 results without Mourinho. That's not happening, we're just as poor. The win against Southampton was as laboured and as bad as anything else we did this season. Now's probably as good a time as any to remember that some people (I can't be bother to check the names) claimed that as soon as Mourinho was gone, we could win all of our remaining games. It was supposed to 'take the shackles off', if I remember correctly. Well, so much for that.

Also, on a side note, when you go over the top with your criticism, it makes it pointless. I don't particularly like Mourinho but using terms like 'cancer' or 'poisonous' looks a bit childish to me - just like Pochettino isn't an idiot or a guru because of his lemons and auras.

The bottom line is, for various reasons, Mourinho didn't do the job he was hired to do. That's even more disapponting when you look at his resumé but, ironically, some people on here have been acting with the same kind of spite and hatred that they claim he's shown in his entire reign. Seriously guys, let it rest! I'm more curious to know who's the next guy to try his luck at managing this great club than reading for the umpteenth time what a lousy manager he is.

Bravo mate, very entertaining post, and so true.

This bit in the BBC article re. Nuno:

It has been clear all season he has not found it easy working in a pandemic, away from his family and trying to find answers to unexpected problems on the pitch.

Take it his family are not in the uk?

Great post, well said.

Yup, thank feck we released the handbrake which was holding back our team…

upload_2021-5-21_16-51-31.jpeg

Honestly does it really matter who we bring in?

Fans will want to see flamboyant football even though it doesn't mean brick. The manager will not succeed under Levy and Enic. In the meantime fans would have paid a boat load. And repeat unless we get lucky.

Honestly does it really matter who we bring in?

Fans will want to see flamboyant football even though it doesn't mean brick. The manager will not succeed under Levy and Enic. In the meantime fans would have paid a boat load. And repeat unless we get lucky.

Have you ever thought of taking a season break from football? You might feel better for it.

Back