• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I think that this is one of the biggest myths in football. He's done very well at clubs where you would expect him to do very well. The fact that he ended up at Tottenham (and Roma) is a sign that he is on the slide and that the big clubs don't think he's up to it any more. I think that there are real question marks about whether his approach works any more and whether he can bring success to clubs where he doesn't have one of the biggest budgets in the league.
I agree with you here. He is on his way down and was the wrong appointment (another one on the powers that be at this club). Sacking him to put Mason in charge I can only think was Levy trying to prove two wrongs make a right.

Why have son, hojbjerg, regulion and ndombele all gone off massive cliffs this last 6 months too?

The only 2 players in our squad who survived mourinho intact were Kane and lloris. The other 28 all fell into destroyed confidence and poor conditioning

Probably cause they are fudged from having to play so much.

So are we going from a defensive Portuguese, counter attacking coach to a defensive Portuguese, counter attacking coach? Jorge Mendes will be thrilled.

If only the chairman was lucky enough to have had a brilliant manager who had achieved over the odds for 4 consistent years to have told him exactly this eh?.....

I loved poch, still do , Levy was wrong to sack him, but I understand why and I think poch made it inevitable.
I don't mind Jose, but didn't want him. I understand the "logic" behind it, totally disagree with it, but understand it.
I'm sure none of these decisions are taken lightly.
Hopefully Levy has learned more than one lesson from all of this.

If you want to hide you will find a way. All joses fault. Sacking him looks like the start of Kanes thoughts of quitting spurs. And I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you still want to blame Jose. Incredible.
Kane wanted to go last summer. He knows the problems at Spurs are deeper than whichever patsy is put in place as manager.

There is no manager, Not pochettino, not mourinho that can work with this mob. I think Harry Kane has it spot on.

Well obviously that's where we disagree, no ones winning the title with them but in a season where there's little quality on show at the top end of the league (bar City) we should have been doing better.

So we don't know if he can build a team. Which will be needed. All we know is that he has achieved par with brighton by not getting them relegated. Santos finishes above where wolves would be expected to finish.

Will be a lot of opinions on this. For me, if Nuno is chosen, then i really hope and pray Levy's done all the right research on the appointment because many will be disappointed.

People are getting their knickers in a twist over nothing. Managers/players often announce they’re leaving before final home game of the season. Just because we don’t have a manager currently doesn’t mean we are in the least bit interested in Nuno....

You need a quick look at the chairman ...

Will be a lot of opinions on Derp For me, if Nuno is chosen, then i really hope and pray Levy's done all the right research on the appointment because many will be disappointed.

We'll see. He did play more attacking football at valencia and porto than at wolves. He seems to adapt playstyle to the players available.

Stop exaggerating things, we didnt have zero possession or long football under Jose, we had quick counter-attacking football until the defence decided that they didn't want to try. I think fans would have been delighted watching teams struggling to break us down and getting hooked on the break.

Put two decent CBs in that team and we would not even be having this discussion.
I would say that we had very effective counter attacking football until teams realised that the sole tactic was Kane dropping into the space centrally and orchestrating our breaks. Once every manager cottoned onto this and got their defensive midfield player to ensure he was always close to him even when their own team was in possession we were stuffed.

I would say that we had very effective counter attacking football until teams realised that the sole tactic was Kane dropping into the space centrally and orchestrating our breaks. Once every manager cottoned onto this and got their defensive midfield player to ensure he was always close to him even when their own team was in possession we were stuffed.

Yeah having one move isn't really what I'd considered counter attacking football

Really? How many of these players make it into the top four teams?

We've danced this dance before mate, little need to do it again.

You've called me out because of what Kane said, but i agree with him that we need(ed) leaders in the team and that Mourinho did too - doesn't mean he was the right man for the job. If i was in charge of the team and had us rock bottom of the league the fact i too would need leaders wouldn't get me off the hook for poor performance.

And the other 50% is just unnecessary is it???
You really don't get it, do you? If you are anywhere close to being a ambitious professional athlete, that has been/is at top level, you should fudging know what works and what doesn't work for you. That's what a training diary is for. If you feel that you're not getting the results you want, but had good results in a previous training regime, you know all too fudging well what's missing and why. If you are ambitious and serious about your own performance and the team, you do what it takes to get to, and beyond the levels you were when you felt your level was high.
The point is that the player himself is responsible for fitness. Not entirely, but it's not the clubs main fault if fitness levels drop. The top athletes do what it takes, regardless. That is what sets apart the best from rest. My point is that I think the vast majority of our players don't have that desire to be among the very best. They're happy to just follow, not to lead and take personal responsibility.

Its already been decided that Potter is coming if Rodgers cant be convinced.

If Rodgers cant be convinced I still say give it to Kane as player manager on £500k pw with mason as assistant. Get some other experienced coaches in and Rangnick as DoF.

I'd be shocked if Nuno was our next manager. We should be looking at cherry-picking their best Portguese players though as you'd imagine that the contingent will start to splinter and fall apart

Back