• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I am so, so glad Kane has said Derp Challenging the idea that Jose is some toxic monster. It was always blindingly obvious the players we had that had elite meteorology had absolutely no problem with Jose, and the ones that didn’t (ie most of our squad) couldn’t hack it.

Jose was a bad hire because we were never going to do what it took to make him successful. He was the wrong person for the club. But I think he had a perspective on our squad which was exactly right. Kane saw it.

Jose was the wrong man for the job, and he really should have known that, but if he gas a toxic personality (and that's debatable) then if ever a squad deserves to be exposed to it then it's this one.

Available?

Wolves: Nuno Espirito Santo to leave after four years as manager

Wolves have announced that manager Nuno Espirito Santo will leave the club at the end of the season.

The Portuguese coach, 47, left Porto to take charge at Wolves in 2017.

The former goalkeeper led the club to the Championship title in his first season and then their best finishes in the Premier League - seventh in each of the last two seasons.

Wolves are 12th heading into the final game of the season at home to Manchester United on Sunday.

Jose was the wrong man for the job, and he really should have known that, but if he gas a toxic personality (and that's debatable) then if ever a squad deserves to be exposed to it then it's this one.

Right man for the job, needed support and backing from the chairman.

400% I think Harry meant Leaders with ability :) Diers best footballing skill is to shout and point.

We have failed due to the Chairman, 9 players on the pitch, poor footballing decisions, weak transfer policies, and strong P&Ls.

Just saying, bringing in those players probably wasn't changing much.
Our problems run much deeper than that.

FFS... Nuno.

giphy.gif

I think Aurier thrived under Jose, someone who told him what he expected of him and took nothing less than that.

For me he's had his best run of form under him, same as Ndombele.

Weird how the 'attitude' players stood up and all the nice 'Tottenham way' lads crumbled.

fudge sake Nuno.

Right man for the job, needed support and backing from the chairman.
I disagree, mainly because of the chairman and the restrictions he would be making him work under.
Jose must have known that.
Levy and Jose gave massively misread this squad.

Can imagine Levy on the phone right now, conference call to Ralf and Brendan.

"So lads, ever so slight change of plans regarding the manager and DOF roles........"

I think Hugo, Son, Lucas, Lamela, and PEH probably had good memories of Jose. Reguillon and Davies too. Weirdly, despite being error prone I think Aurier will have Jose’s eternal respect for playing so soon after his brother was killed.

Everyone else though, I think I know exactly what Harry is talking about. Weak minded players that looked for someone to blame.
I don't think it's weak minded, rather it's a generational thing. The argument about mourinho is usually that he can't manage gen-z players. Players who are a bit more emotionally intelligent than the old fashioned run through a brick wall type. Coaches of modern players need to use soft power, authoritarianism just doesn't work any more, bar with a few throwbacks (like Kane)

I disagree, mainly because of the chairman and the restrictions he would be making him work under.

I dont know about that. Had Mourinho wanted 2 quality players that could have balanced the team out a bit more and brought in leaders vs getting 7 misfits .... just saying. Levy puts restrictions in place that don't need to be there. Perhaps Mourinho would have utilised the youth a bit more if his hand was forced providing he had top players to play alongside. We could have coped with:

------------------------- Lloris ---------------------------------
Aurier ------ Skirinar --------- Diaz ------------ Sessegnon
--------------- PEH ---------- GLC/Skipp --------------------
------ Moura-------------- Ndombele----------------- Son --
------------------------- Kane ----------------------------------

I think Jose probably thought ‘I can get this squad back into the top 4’ when he joined, then in that first year he had all of the injuries. When he said the squad was good enough, that’s probably what he meant.

Then pushing on from there required bigger moves, and we just didn’t do it. If we were going to go the Jose way, we needed to bomb out some players that had the weak mentality and not hold on to them for dear life.

So @milo @billyiddo @Gutter Boy @thfcsteff thoughts? Im sorry we can all disagree on the board (Its allowed :) ) with each other on Mourinho but when Kane has said this directly against your personal narrative about Mourinho, its clear to me how wrong you chaps have it on this topic.

What do you think I've said that those quotes go against? Don't think I've ever suggested we don't need leaders on the pitch

That would only carry if he hadn't got performances from some of our players of that age.

It's not generational is mindset. Who really wants to work and sacrifice and win vs who just wants to turn up.

That's not emotional intelligence it's the opposite.

Reactions: DTA
Do you seriously think zero possession long ball football will have been tolerated had he had fans in the stadium? Mourinho wouldn't have made august 20 without covid

Stop exaggerating things, we didnt have zero possession or long football under Jose, we had quick counter-attacking football until the defence decided that they didn't want to try. I think fans would have been delighted watching teams struggling to break us down and getting hooked on the break.

Put two decent CBs in that team and we would not even be having this discussion.

Back