• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Harry Kane to Gary Neville: “Daniel would have had his reasons for doing it [sacking Mourinho] but I was surprised. We know Jose’s record in finals. We found out five minutes before everybody else did.”

“Jose obviously expected us to be men and act like men on the pitch, to have leaders on the pitch and to be honest, that’s probably where it didn’t quite work out with Jose, we didn’t quite have enough leadership that we needed.”

Seems Kane doesn’t agree we just needed to take off the handbrakes.

quite damming comments on the squad

Really, I could think of multiple reasons

- That point in contract saved us a payout (Jose was on £15m/yr), maybe timing saved us £30M, in Covid times that is a lot of money
- Maybe the players had enough? and they went to Levy
- Maybe they both worked something out (with Roma job tied up so quickly)
- Maybe we did have someone and they backed out

There are lots of potential reasons, but none of us know, we don't have inside info

Don't know = oh well, it's obvious he's just an idiot.

Jose wouldn’t have wanted to go before a final, no chance.

If the players had been doing this the week before a final it shows how pathetic they are, given how we “performed” it’s Believable.

As much as I don't like what he's done, I agree with everything he has said.

What's good is it's not like he's teammates can sell him out like they have done to the managers, now he's said it, their really is no hiding place for them (except on this forum where it'll be down to Jose ruining their confidence), and no hiding place for Levy.

Also funny to hear him dismiss all those pundits and fans citing Mourinho as the downfall of him and Tottenham.

Harry Kane to Gary Neville: “Daniel would have had his reasons for doing it [sacking Mourinho] but I was surprised. We know Jose’s record in finals. We found out five minutes before everybody else did.”

“Jose obviously expected us to be men and act like men on the pitch, to have leaders on the pitch and to be honest, that’s probably where it didn’t quite work out with Jose, we didn’t quite have enough leadership that we needed.”
Damn!!

Have just realised that this will be on, on loop at the training ground cause of all them Sky Sports screens.

Good hope the lot of them are embarrassed to their core. They should be having a punch up, can't think who would be on Harry's side though. Lloris I guess, and Lamela, Sissoko, Lucas maybe. No matter their ability they at least tried.

Have just realised that this will be on, on loop at the training ground cause of all them Sky Sports screens.

Good hope the lot of them are embarrassed to their core. They should be having a punch up, can't think who would be on Harry's side though. Lloris I guess, and Lamela, Sissoko, Lucas maybe. No matter their ability they at least tried.

Lol you are having a laugh, if they were not embarrassed by their own performances over the last two seasons, Kanes' comments will not change a thing with mentally weak players.

Different when it's blasted all over the news all day though. Weakness relies on having places to retreat to and hide in. The last of those has just been blown apart from inside.

Which manager doesn't drag the club through the mud when they are going to leave? He just gets more exposure as he makes the headlines no matter which direction he farts in.

I actually thought he went quietly and with surprisingly good grace.

Exactly what a few of us said on here. Nice to have it confirmed by a player - and not just any old player.

No wonder he’s looked particularly tinkled off since the sacking.

Exactly what a few of us said on here. Nice to have it confirmed by a player - and not just any old player.

So @milo @billyiddo @Gutter Boy @thfcsteff thoughts? Im sorry we can all disagree on the board (Its allowed :) ) with each other on Mourinho but when Kane has said this directly against your personal narrative about Mourinho, its clear to me how wrong you chaps have it on this topic.

Last edited:

He wanted Diaz and or Skirinar ... two leaders right there. Would have made the world of difference to the set up. Plus the bonus of not having Dier anywhere near a tracksuit.

Its all Mourinhos fault nothing to do with the players, hes toxic, hes a loser, hes fodder, hes a busted flush. These players were what he wanted, any manager can get these players playing, same ones were challenging for the title and in a CL final ... etc etc etc ...

Lets draw a line under it. Mourinho needed backing, helped in getting rid of the brick pit heap of players at the club.

Not only did Levy oust Poch for this lot to replace him with Mourinho, He ousted Mourinho for this mob too ... Poch deserved to be given a massive budget and a rebuild, as did Mourinho.

He wanted Diaz and or Skirinar ... two leaders right there. Would have made the world of difference to the set up. Plus the bonus of not having Dier anywhere near a tracksuit.

Its all Mourinhos fault nothing to do with the players, hes toxic, hes a loser, hes fodder, hes a busted flush. These players were what he wanted, any manager can get these players playing, same ones were challenging for the title and in a CL final ... etc etc etc ...

Lets draw a line under it. Mourinho needed backing, helped in getting rid of the brick pit heap of players at the club.

Not only did Levy oust Poch for this lot to replace him with Mourinho, He ousted Mourinho for this mob too ... Poch deserved to be given a massive budget and a rebuild, as did Mourinho.

Although I agree with you on some of this Harry does say Eric diet is a leader.
I don't think we succeed or fail because of one thing.

Although I agree with you on some of this Harry does say Eric diet is a leader.
I don't think we succeed or fail because of one thing.

100% I think Harry meant Leaders with ability :) Diers best footballing skill is to shout and point.

We have failed due to the Chairman, 9 players on the pitch, poor footballing decisions, weak transfer policies, and strong P&Ls.

I am so, so glad Kane has said this. Challenging the idea that Jose is some toxic monster. It was always blindingly obvious the players we had that had elite mentality had absolutely no problem with Jose, and the ones that didn’t (ie most of our squad) couldn’t hack it.

Jose was a bad hire because we were never going to do what it took to make him successful. He was the wrong person for the club. But I think he had a perspective on our squad which was exactly right. Kane saw it.

I think Hugo, Son, Lucas, Lamela, and PEH probably had good memories of Jose. Reguillon and Davies too. Weirdly, despite being error prone I think Aurier will have Jose’s eternal respect for playing so soon after his brother was killed.

Everyone else though, I think I know exactly what Harry is talking about. Weak minded players that looked for someone to blame.

Back