• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Maybe they should hire some more people to actually do the training for them...

And yes, many top individual athletes do a lot of the training by themselves. They have a plan and a schedule, and they follow it. They don't need anyone to get them to do it, as they know what it takes to be at the top.
I know one top from athlete track and field, who has Olympic, EC, WC medals, and he does about 50% of the training by himself.
And the other 50% is just unnecessary is it???

Maybe they should hire some more people to actually do the training for them...

And yes, many top individual athletes do a lot of the training by themselves. They have a plan and a schedule, and they follow it. They don't need anyone to get them to do it, as they know what it takes to be at the top.
I know one top from athlete track and field, who has Olympic, EC, WC medals, and he does about 50% of the training by himself.
They don't need anyone to do the training for them, but they need someone to create that plan and schedule for them. They do 50% of the training by themselves, but it's the 50% that they do with others that is important and tells them what they need to do when on their own.

A sports person can do all the training they want but if they are not doing the correct training they are not going to get the maximum benefit and in a worst case scenario do more damage than good. Sports scientists and fitness coaches take all sorts of measurements to allow them determine an individual training regime, when to rest and ease up on training, what to eat, what exercises are needed, if the training is working or something needs to be changed etc. Surely you have seen the first day back at training when the players are hooked up to machines so the coaches know what is needed? At the top level we're talking about improvements of percentage points making a big difference. It's a far cry from a 14-15 year old being fit enough to run around in a Sunday league....

Last edited:
Made zero sense to sack Jose before the summer unless we had someone else lined up.

sacking him before the final was mind blowing

we had beaten city 2 out of 3 with him in charge.

I assume the new manager is not being announced before the end of the season now, can’t let this drag on.

Really, I could think of multiple reasons

- That point in contract saved us a payout (Jose was on £15m/yr), maybe timing saved us £30M, in Covid times that is a lot of money
- Maybe the players had enough? and they went to Levy
- Maybe they both worked something out (with Roma job tied up so quickly)
- Maybe we did have someone and they backed out

There are lots of potential reasons, but none of us know, we don't have inside info

Don't know = oh well, it's obvious he's just an idiot.

We had to extract the poison to try and save club. Its still to be seen whether we were too late. Mourinho should have gone when he became dead man walking in January

We had to extract the poison to try and save club. Its still to be seen whether we were too late. Mourinho should have gone when he became dead man walking in January

Certainly agree with the first part.

Whether its 'too late', the club will obviously survive however the question is how many years it sets us back:
- If Kane stays and we can invest in the team (and invest well) then perhaps we'll be where we could have been in summer 2019, so 2 year set back
- If we either dont invest, or dont invest well, then whether or not Kane stays it could set us back say 5 years ie 5 years before we're back challenging for the top 4...so 2019 becomes at least 2024 (on the basis that we'd need a couple more summer windows to repatch the team back up to where it was in 2019)

I get why some do not like Mourinho and his petulant ways, but he is a serial winner. We could have won the Cup, I'm pretty sure his results would have faired better than Masons and got us into Europe and dare i say it snuck into the CL like how Liverpool have. Let's not forget we were ahead of them when Mourinho was sacked and our fixtures were not beyond Mourinho and this team.

If we had sacked him in the summer then that would have put tremendous pressure on Levy to make a decision. We could have sacked him then but would have had to pay a massive compensation package as Mourinho would have hit his targets.

Further to this, had he stayed and given a chance to sort out the defence with his own players, I don't think the Kane interview happens.

I get why some do not like Mourinho and his petulant ways, but he is a serial winner. We could have won the Cup, I'm pretty sure his results would have faired better than Masons and got us into Europe and dare i say it snuck into the CL like how Liverpool have. Let's not forget we were ahead of them when Mourinho was sacked and our fixtures were not beyond Mourinho and this team.

If we had sacked him in the summer then that would have put tremendous pressure on Levy to make a decision. We could have sacked him then but would have had to pay a massive compensation package as Mourinho would have hit his targets.

Further to this, had he stayed and given a chance to sort out the defence with his own players, I don't think the Kane interview happens.

The results weren't beyond Jose, but they are beyond this team.
This team is dead, it died two years ago, it's only taken until now for the majority to realise it.

The results weren't beyond Jose, but they are beyond this team.
This team is dead, it died two years ago, it's only taken until now for the majority to realise it.
I agree
Too many players who literally can’t keep up mentally with the needs of this team and the need to change is beneficial for them and us

I would have thought in the period since his sacking, there would have been a softening on views about Jose and the wrongs he supposedly did to the club, it's rep, the players, the pitch and the tea ladies confidence.

5 points off 4th and a cup final was it? Kane banging them in (despite his lack of tactics I'm told)

To me it's looking like his time at Utd when he said finishing 2nd was his best achievement, after he left people realised.

I would have thought in the period since his sacking, there would have been a softening on views about Jose and the wrongs he supposedly did to the club, it's rep, the players, the pitch and the tea ladies confidence.

5 points off 4th and a cup final was it? Kane banging them in (despite his lack of tactics I'm told)

To me it's looking like his time at Utd when he said finishing 2nd was his best achievement, after he left people realised.

I'm ambivalent about Jose, it's not really correct to judge his record and a 29 year old rookie manager.

I get why some do not like Mourinho and his petulant ways, but he is a serial winner.

I think that this is one of the biggest myths in football. He's done very well at clubs where you would expect him to do very well. The fact that he ended up at Tottenham (and Roma) is a sign that he is on the slide and that the big clubs don't think he's up to it any more. I think that there are real question marks about whether his approach works any more and whether he can bring success to clubs where he doesn't have one of the biggest budgets in the league.

I wasn't, also the rookie should have never been pit in that position. Wasn't fair on him or the club.
I've seen some of this coming for quite a while, it's obvious to anyone that wants see that there is and has been issues within our squad.
The longer it's went on and players have left the club and things have not only not changed but appear to have if anything got worse then it is possible that it's one (or more) of the fans favourites that's the issue. And I'm not in the mood to take the flak for offering that opinion.
So I'm not going to judge anyone just, except Sissoko, but yes, Ryan Mason should not be in that job, for his own sake if nothing else.
Has the lad not been through enough ffs.

I think that this is one of the biggest myths in football. He's done very well at clubs where you would expect him to do very well. The fact that he ended up at Tottenham (and Roma) is a sign that he is on the slide and that the big clubs don't think he's up to it any more. I think that there are real question marks about whether his approach works any more and whether he can bring success to clubs where he doesn't have one of the biggest budgets in the league.

Biggest Myths? Lots of top top managers have failed at clubs that he has managed to bring silverware to. I think he ended up at Tottenham because Man Utd, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project, Madrid, Inter, Juventus, Bayern at the time were more than happy with their setup. He wanted to get back into management and lived in london ... no brainer.

Hes gone to Roma as he had success in Inter (Winning the treble) as other clubs in Italy are content with their managers. This nonsense of him being a busted flush is so boring ... Only at Spurs he has failed to win a trophy (Hardly a surprise when you have the backing of Enic who have "helped" the club win just one trophy in 20 years).

Give me this busted flushes silverware from his last two managerial roles.

Questions about his approach? I think its a weakness in the modern game that players crumble as managers want and expect more. Great managers are never scared of upsetting players.

Biggest Myths? Lots of top top managers have failed at clubs that he has managed to bring silverware to. I think he ended up at Tottenham because Man Utd, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project, Madrid, Inter, Juventus, Bayern at the time were more than happy with their setup. He wanted to get back into management and lived in london ... no brainer.

Hes gone to Roma as he had success in Inter (Winning the treble) as other clubs in Italy are content with their managers. This nonsense of him being a busted flush is so boring ... Only at Spurs he has failed to win a trophy (Hardly a surprise when you have the backing of Enic who have "helped" the club win just one trophy in 20 years).

Give me this busted flushes silverware from his last two managerial roles.

Questions about his approach? I think its a weakness in the modern game that players crumble as managers want and expect more. Great managers are never scared of upsetting players.

I think being a serial winner is a myth. Mourinho has a great record but he's not been the same manager since Madrid.

If Mourinho cannot manage young players, that's his failing not theirs. The best managers adapt their methods or bring in people who can do that. Mourinho appeared to recognise that when he was appointed at Spurs but there seemed to be little evidence of it after the initial honeymoon.

Back