• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

perhaps its potter til the ressurection of the esl. don't think we've seen the last of it yet, ENIC can get new revenue streams with American Football at White Hart lane.

You can try and twist it as all Mourinhos damage if you want. Yet in Masons games we beat Soton 2-1, we beat them 5-1 away under Mourinho. Beat Sheff Utd 4-0, beat them 3-1 away with Jose. Lost 3-1 to Leeds, beat them 3-0 at home with Jose. Beat Wolves 2-0, drew with them 1-1 under Jose. Lost 2-1 Villa, beat them 2-0 away under Jose.

We got better results under Jose and the only positive is seeing Dele getting some game time, but these players are in the main a combination of stale and not good enough and I don’t know how many managers we are going to have to get through before some accept that....

Amen to that.

think it's telling we've had three managers now in Poch, Jose and Mason who haven't found a formula to have Lo Celso and Tanguy work in the middle...
#

This for me as well, Tanguy has to stop trying to be a show pony and use the skills he has better. It looks so unbalanced as a partnership at the moment.

You can try and twist it as all Mourinhos damage if you want. Yet in Masons games we beat Soton 2-1, we beat them 5-1 away under Mourinho. Beat Sheff Utd 4-0, beat them 3-1 away with Jose. Lost 3-1 to Leeds, beat them 3-0 at home with Jose. Beat Wolves 2-0, drew with them 1-1 under Jose. Lost 2-1 Villa, beat them 2-0 away under Jose.

We got better results under Jose and the only positive is seeing Dele getting some game time, but these players are in the main a combination of stale and not good enough and I don’t know how many managers we are going to have to get through before some accept that....

tinkle off with facts, insight, and perspective ... this board is about foggy judgement and emotions.

When Mourinho was sacked we was 5 points off top 4 having got most of the more difficult fixtures out of the way and in a cup final. Look where we are now....

Yep, there is a lot of gonads talked about how Jose ruined our team, the same team that was brick at the end under Poch ( after all that was why he was sacked). Not defending Jose here but its madness/ biased to think all the problems did not exist until Jose got the job.

Sounds very similar to Poch when he joined...
How? This comparison keeps being made but doesn't stand up to slightest scrutiny. Poch changed Southampton and had them high up the table. Potter has Brighton just above the relegation zone.

Yep, there is a lot of gonad*s talked about how Jose ruined our team, the same team that was brick at the end under Poch ( after all that was why he was sacked). Not defending Jose here but its madness/ biased to think all the problems did not exist until Jose got the job.

To be fair we were not billed as favourites in the cup final, but I'm certain under Jose we would have had some decent strategy and in with a slim chance of winning it. Under Mason (No fault of his own btw) it was 100% a certainty that we were going to lose it.

Now about wrapping up a European spot ... I would have bet my house on Mourinho getting better results than Mason and thus securing European football next season. Where does the blame lay? I know the answer but Parklane will not like the answer :)

How? This comparison keeps being made but doesn't stand up to slightest scrutiny. Poch changed Southampton and had them high up the table. Potter has Brighton just above the relegation zone.

Both South coast clubs, punching.

I am a fan of Potter for what he is doing in his career, but he perhaps needs a move to a team like Southampton / Villa / West Ham etc to prove himself. Just to put it in perspective though ... what happened to the toss fest about getting Hassenhuthel in .... laughable.

To be fair we were not billed as favourites in the cup final, but I'm certain under Jose we would have had some decent strategy and in with a slim chance of winning it. Under Mason (No fault of his own btw) it was 400% a certainty that we were going to lose it.

Now about wrapping up a European spot ... I would have bet my house on Mourinho getting better results than Mason and thus securing European football next season. Where does the blame lay? I know the answer but Parklane will not like the answer :)

You may be surprised, my biggest gripe with Levy is the way/timing of his sacking managers. I am not a fan of getting rid of managers every time we have a bad run ( i accept that fickle fans are though and there is far more of them about in todays game). But yes i am a Levy supporter because i think overall he has done wonders for our great club, but like everyone of us he has made mistakes at times.

Hassenhuthel is still a good shout but he had a terrible run of injuries that tended to muddy the water somewhat. But he should not be totally disregarded.

Not a fair comparison imho mate seeing as Jose had pretty much a seasons worth of games to compare against what half a dozen from Mason?

Things were clearly not right with team under Jose, at the time of his sacking, we were getting beaten by decent teams, failed to hold on to leads and rarely picked up wins when we fell behind. Jose also looked completely forlorn at the end.

A reasonable conclusion regarding Jose at the time of his sacking, given that he was a highly experienced coach who had been in post for 18 months, was that there was a downturn of results and that could have been put down to the squad quality.

But equally it might be reasonable to conclude that given the way things ended at Chelsea and Man utd, and that the squad had had at least a partial refresh in his time as manager, it was down to Jose and his coaching team. Seeing as Levy sacked him before a cup final and put a novice in charge for me this is the more reasonable conclusion.

Whereas, imho, there are no reasonable conclusions that can be drawn about the squad from half a dozen games when we have had a novice in charge. It's a free hit for them.

perhaps its potter til the ressurection of the esl. don't think we've seen the last of it yet, ENIC can get new revenue streams with American Football at White Hart lane.
It's £2 or £3 million a game isn't it? So £4m to £9 a season depending on whether 2 or 3 of the overseas games are played here.

Not a fair comparison imho mate seeing as Jose had pretty much a seasons worth of games to compare against what half a dozen from Mason?

Things were clearly not right with team under Jose, at the time of his sacking, we were getting beaten by decent teams, failed to hold on to leads and rarely picked up wins when we fell behind. Jose also looked completely forlorn at the end.

A reasonable conclusion regarding Jose at the time of his sacking, given that he was a highly experienced coach who had been in post for 18 months, was that there was a downturn of results and that could have been put down to the squad quality.

But equally it might be reasonable to conclude that given the way things ended at Chelsea and Man utd, and that the squad had had at least a partial refresh in his time as manager, it was down to Jose and his coaching team. Seeing as Levy sacked him before a cup final and put a novice in charge for me this is the more reasonable conclusion.

Whereas, imho, there are no reasonable conclusions that can be drawn about the squad from half a dozen games when we have had a novice in charge. It's a free hit for them.

But you can say that this dross team have a wrotten core and effort ... Pochettino - Mourinho - Mason ....

First of all it was Pochettinos fault for not getting a tune out of the players, Then it was Mourinhos fault for not getting a tune out of the players ... Now its The players fault under Mason?

Sorry our players (Not all but most) are simply not good enough, or work had enough to care. I have not seen any lung-busting efforts shown by the vast majority of the players.

Back