• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Who we appoint as manager is irrelevant in terms of Kane wanting to stay. It is going to take years if at all to be challenging, the whole point of him wanting to leave is because he’s at his peak and wants to win titles now. Not take a risk of staying a few years and seeing if something can happen. We have gone down the name route, and it didn’t work - there are no guarantees when it comes to managers, especially with Spurs.....
I still think we could do what first season conte's Chelsea could do.

We know the mourinho damage is wide, but hopefully it's not as deep as we fear. There have been a couple of green shoots under mason (every other game anyway)

Who we appoint as manager is irrelevant in terms of Kane wanting to stay. It is going to take years if at all to be challenging, the whole point of him wanting to leave is because he’s at his peak and wants to win titles now. Not take a risk of staying a few years and seeing if something can happen. We have gone down the name route, and it didn’t work - there are no guarantees when it comes to managers, especially with Spurs.....

As I said, it would also take a promise to spend about 150m net and I also said that wont happen before you say I’m crazy!

I still think if the club is unable to put a package together to entice Kane to stay i.e. a manager and net transfer commitment in the market, then we are doomed.

Imagine appointing potter with no kane!? I know some people love the project idea but at best we’d be a top 6 side maybe top 4 in 3-5 years IF it proved a good appointment. And chances of that is about 50/50 imo.

So with all that in mind I still say let Ragnick be DoF and give Kane the player manager job on 500k pw. Him and Mason and others can focus on the coaching while Ragnick brings the players in.

With Kane still at the club everyone is happy and on board and the worst that could happen is we do similar to what Potter would do with a kaneless spurs.

First off, I have no idea, but could a scenario with Rangnick with Red Bull sponsorship for the Stadium be a possibility? Even leading to a buyout? Would we as a club or fans even fancy this?

I'm probably talking brick though. :D

I still think we could do what first season conte's Chelsea could do.

We know the mourinho damage is wide, but hopefully it's not as deep as we fear. There have been a couple of green shoots under mason (every other game anyway)
You can try and twist it as all Mourinhos damage if you want. Yet in Masons games we beat Soton 2-1, we beat them 5-1 away under Mourinho. Beat Sheff Utd 4-0, beat them 3-1 away with Jose. Lost 3-1 to Leeds, beat them 3-0 at home with Jose. Beat Wolves 2-0, drew with them 1-1 under Jose. Lost 2-1 Villa, beat them 2-0 away under Jose.

We got better results under Jose and the only positive is seeing Dele getting some game time, but these players are in the main a combination of stale and not good enough and I don’t know how many managers we are going to have to get through before some accept that....

is where we end up, going to make much difference to who we get?
6th Europa
7th The new one
8th no european football.
or 9th(like i think we will)
I think each one also takes 2 or 3 million off of our PL prize fund. No european football and I'm sure ENIC will implement some belt tightening next season. The Bale wages may disappear as opposed to being put back into the budget. Perhaps the £100 million Harry Kane fee won't all be reinvested?

You can try and twist it as all Mourinhos damage if you want. Yet in Masons games we beat Soton 2-1, we beat them 5-1 away under Mourinho. Beat Sheff Utd 4-0, beat them 3-1 away with Jose. Lost 3-1 to Leeds, beat them 3-0 at home with Jose. Beat Wolves 2-0, drew with them 1-1 under Jose. Lost 2-1 Villa, beat them 2-0 away under Jose.

We got better results under Jose and the only positive is seeing Dele getting some game time, but these players are in the main a combination of stale and not good enough and I don’t know how many managers we are going to have to get through before some accept that....
They haven't been properly coached in about 2 years and Mason is only a stop gap. We're not going to see any improvement until a proper coach has spent time with them.
How much that improvement will be is the unknown.

Dear lord, how anyone can be holding out hope for Rodgers joining us is beyond me. He couldn’t have been any clearer he didn’t want to leave, has since won an FA Cup and about to sign Soumare and apparently Edouard is in the pipeline too. But of course he is going to be rubbing his hands to come hereo_O....
Indeed. Leicester signing two players that could improve us nice and quickly so that the manager will get to work with them in pre-season. He would be mad to give that up to come to Spurs.

we dont need a name. we need the best man for the job. simple.

We have major issues. a "painful rebuild" is needed. We aint gonna be resolving the issues in our squad in one transfer window. As a minimum we need:

CB
RB
RW potentially
CF

All as first team starters. And our midfield is horribly balanced (though it doesn't help Mason picking his mates).
The rebuild is so painful in fact that I think only one man has the capability and contacts to perform it and that is Rangnick. Bringing in Potter to work under the appalling existing structure would be feeding a lamb to the wolves.

we dont need a name. we need the best man for the job. simple.

We have major issues. a "painful rebuild" is needed. We aint gonna be resolving the issues in our squad in one transfer window. As a minimum we need:

CB
RB
RW potentially
CF

All as first team starters. And our midfield is horribly balanced (though it doesn't help Mason picking his mates).

Agreed with most of that however in terms of the midfield, I think there's a lot of unrealised potential there given we havent seen the best of GLC and TN yet and have Skipp coming back.

I think we should see how those four and PEH bed down before looking at adding more bodies in midfield

They haven't been properly coached in about 2 years and Mason is only a stop gap. We're not going to see any improvement until a proper coach has spent time with them.
How much that improvement will be is the unknown.
Yet more evidence of us being appallingly organised from the very top. Why sack Mourinho with nobody lined up?

Fair play :)
But for balance let's compare their first seasons
Poch Southampton 38 15 11 12 54 46 +8 56
Potter Brighton 38 9 14 15 39 54 −15 41
The difference between the two is more stark here. It's why I cannot understand push for Potter. He's not really improved Brighton from where Hughton left them. Would prefer Chris Wilder tbh.

Last edited:
I think each one also takes 2 or 3 million off of our PL prize fund. No european football and I'm sure ENIC will implement some belt tightening next season. The Bale wages may disappear as opposed to being put back into the budget. Perhaps the £100 million Harry Kane fee won't all be reinvested?

ENIC need to back the new guy. If they want the Spurs brand to stay worth what it is today, and to get the stadium full each week, they cant afford to have us linger mid-table. Based on the current squad, finishing 6th will be a huge challenge. Everton have a better line up than us once Kane is removed, and the top 5 all play as teams in addition to having better players

Agreed with most of that however in terms of the midfield, I think there's a lot of unrealised potential there given we havent seen the best of GLC and TN yet and have Skipp coming back.

I think we should see how those four and PEH bed down before looking at adding more bodies in midfield

think it's telling we've had three managers now in Poch, Jose and Mason who haven't found a formula to have Lo Celso and Tanguy work in the middle...

ENIC need to back the new guy. If they want the Spurs brand to stay worth what it is today, and to get the stadium full each week, they cant afford to have us linger mid-table. Based on the current squad, finishing 6th will be a huge challenge. Everton have a better line up than us once Kane is removed, and the top 5 all play as teams in addition to having better players
Replacing Kane will be as problematic as replacing Carrick, Berbatov, Modric, Bale, and King. We could get a quality striker such as Ings to partially fill the gap, but he doesn't score as many as Harry not does he have all the other qualities that Kane brings to the squad. Kane is our only genuine world class player. I don't begrudge him a move but I will still be gutted if and when he goes. So the new manager will be on the immediate back foot. What a shame Mourinho was such a waste of an appointment. Big mistake by DL although understandable. Shows for me he needs a DOF to make football decisions.

Back