• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I don't want us to be the guinea pig, but I would like to see how he fares with a decent level club.
His interview was interesting tonight. Clearly p!ssed off with his rep.

In fairness to the guy, I do think he does always look to do what’s tactically best to beat each oppo. It’s just that he is often playing superior teams so does go the big man/channel route.

Whoever comes in next simply has to (very quickly) get the players respect and get them busting a gut round the pitch again. That combined with the players talent will be a start, then we can start talking about tactics.

If they get Potter in and some of the players think they are a bit too ‘senior’ for him then you’ll be back to square 1.

If we're getting Potter or similar, I think we need to clear out the old guard like Poch did.
Whoever comes in next simply has to (very quickly) get the players respect and get them busting a gut round the pitch again. That combined with the players talent will be a start, then we can start talking about tactics.

If they get Potter in and some of the players think they are a bit too ‘senior’ for him then you’ll be back to square 1.

Feeling quite urgent now isnt it?!?

The car crash of a performance would inevitably have this effect, but there's so much work which need doing over the summer.

If Kane leaves we wont have one recognised CF at the club...if ever there was a signal that we need a DoF, that surely is it. How can a supposedly upper-table PL club leave itself in that position?

is where we end up, going to make much difference to who we get?
6th Europa
7th The new one
8th no european football.
or 9th(like i think we will)

Its going to be Rodgers now they look likely not to get Champions League football.

They need to stick 5 or 6 past us and hope Liverpool only win by 1.

Its going to be Rodgers now they look likely not to get Champions League football.

Certainly helps us get him. As I said elsewhere, I think we should try for him but if we dont look like landing him by midweek next week, then move to Potter. We have so much business to be done this summer that I dont think the club can afford to let this drag into June

E1yPAyuXEAIlfGX

Sliding fudging doors

Certainly helps us get him. As I said elsewhere, I think we should try for him but if we dont look like landing him by midweek next week, then move to Potter. We have so much business to be done this summer that I dont think the club can afford to let this drag into June

You really think he will come!? I think any hopes have been killed off by the Kane announcement.

And any hope of Kane staying would imo hinge on us appointing a name like rodgers AND telling Kane we are going big in the market.

Like 150m net big.

And that wont happen.

You really think he will come!? I think any hopes have been killed off by the Kane announcement.

And any hope of Kane staying would imo hinge on us appointing a name like rodgers AND telling Kane we are going big in the market.

Like 150m net big.

And that wont happen.

You think Rodgers is a name? Compared to Rangnick, Ten Hag or Lopetegui?

Like 150m net big.

And that wont happen.
Who we appoint as manager is irrelevant in terms of Kane wanting to stay. It is going to take years if at all to be challenging, the whole point of him wanting to leave is because he’s at his peak and wants to win titles now. Not take a risk of staying a few years and seeing if something can happen. We have gone down the name route, and it didn’t work - there are no guarantees when it comes to managers, especially with Spurs.....

Like 150m net big.

And that wont happen.

Maybe, maybe not. Thats why I said if there arent signs that he'd come by midweek then you move on to Potter

Dear lord, how anyone can be holding out hope for Rodgers joining us is beyond me. He couldn’t have been any clearer he didn’t want to leave, has since won an FA Cup and about to sign Soumare and apparently Edouard is in the pipeline too. But of course he is going to be rubbing his hands to come hereo_O....

we dont need a name. we need the best man for the job. simple.

We have major issues. a "painful rebuild" is needed. We aint gonna be resolving the issues in our squad in one transfer window. As a minimum we need:

CB
RB
RW potentially
CF

All as first team starters. And our midfield is horribly balanced (though it doesn't help Mason picking his mates).

Back