• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Agree, the same conversation with no one changing their mind.

Back to the topic, current rumours seem to be more Enrique or Kompany
I have a feeling the Enrique noise will get stronger, as apparently Nagelsman is now favourite at Chelsea after impressing with talks.

Would prefer Kompany or Slot, but Enrique does intrigue me somewhat....

Redknapp and Pochettino. Neither manager was getting calls to be sacked at the games. Neither was Conte either when I think of it, the fan noise was all on Levy not the manager, the chairman just pulled his usual trick of sacking the manager to try to divert the fans attention elsewhere again.

I suspect the same will happen somewhere between 3 to 18 months into the next manager's reign.

You must live in a different world to me because all three of those managers had a large amount of the fan base wanting them out. Truly bizarre.

To be fair you have deliberately missed out the half of the team who were extremely good :D

Anyway, I'm yet to see anything new added to the Poch debate since he got sacked in 2019! Probably won't change until we find another decent manager who gets us punching again - I wonder in how many years time that will be....

Why would you replace the good players?

No, a team where we bought the best of the Championship youth, rather than Sissoko, Sanchez, Moura, would have been far better IMO. Poch was at his best taking over a team where none of the players were his, getting rid of aging pros, and nurturing youth. When the youth become the older pros, you need the next lot of youth coming through - they should all be club buys. Poch was at his worse when he started saying I can't work with this, I want ready made, something that Conte has just been slated for.

Just because he done it once doesn't mean that is the method we should always follow.
Hugo, jan, Toby, walker, Eriksen, Dembele, Wanyama, were all ready made PL players and worked just fine under poch.
Dele and kane became those players while working under poch.
And remember the youth we brought in, wimmer, the two french lads, jack clark, which of the teams we competing against have this level of back up in thier squad?

Why would you replace the good players?
Because sometimes it's better to do so. We could have sold Dele for 60-80 million in the summer of 2019 and brought in Grealish for 30-35. We could have sold Eriksen in the summer of 2018 for 60-80 million and brought in Maddison for 20-25. We would have been no worse off, we would have refreshed the squad at the same time, and we would have plenty of money left over to add another 1-2 quality players. But that requires not being afraid to let our best players go, because we have a good transfer policy and scouting. And this I do lay at Levy's feet, because he didn't have a proper football structure in place to allow us to do that.

Just because he done it once doesn't mean that is the method we should always follow.
Hugo, jan, Toby, walker, Eriksen, Dembele, Wanyama, were all ready made PL players and worked just fine under poch.
Dele and kane became those players while working under poch.
And remember the youth we brought in, wimmer, the two french lads, jack clark, which of the teams we competing against have this level of back up in thier squad?
Why wouldn't you stick with the method that worked? Why would you try again with the method that didn't work?

You must live in a different world to me because all three of those managers had a large amount of the fan base wanting them out. Truly bizarre.
Some muppets on twitter, here, etc - sure....

But fans in the stadium?.... absolutely not.
Voiced by the away fans?... again, absolutely not.

Fairly dreadful? Maybe Roma (his first senior job) but sounds somewhat biased otherwise.

Spain too. I know there was a lot of goodwill towards him because of his personal circumstances, but he was a bit of a Roy Hodgson with England manager for them. That team was unbelievably dull to watch as well

Because sometimes it's better to do so. We could have sold Dele for 60-80 million in the summer of 2019 and brought in Grealish for 30-35. We could have sold Eriksen in the summer of 2018 for 60-80 million and brought in Maddison for 20-25. We would have been no worse off, we would have refreshed the squad at the same time, and we would have plenty of money left over to add another 1-2 quality players. But that requires not being afraid to let our best players go, because we have a good transfer policy and scouting. And this I do lay at Levy's feet, because he didn't have a proper football structure in place to allow us to do that.

But the original point was replace them with hungry young championship players, i can just imagine what would have happened if we had sold dele, Eriksen and Dembele and replaced them with championship players.

Some muppets on twitter, here, etc - sure....

But fans in the stadium?.... absolutely not.
Voiced by the away fans?... again, absolutely not.

Why do only fans who can get to the ground count?

Not to mention you’re wrong. From the BBC’s report of the AC Milan match:

Spurs fans reacted angrily as their Champions League campaign came to a conclusion and their discontent was understandable after such a dismal performance.

The lack of urgency that has marked so much of their season has never been more stark than in the first 45 minutes when Spurs played as if they were barely aware they needed to score to keep their ambitions alive.

Manager Antonio Conte returned to the technical area after recuperating from gallbladder surgery but this did not spare him the wrath of the Spurs support mystified by such a conservative approach.

Keep trying to spin your narrative though.

But the original point was replace them with hungry young championship players, i can just imagine what would have happened if we had sold dele, Eriksen and Dembele and replaced them with championship players.
A lot of grumbling and "whaaat?" and "fudging penny-pinching Levy" in the beginning. But that would have dissipated once these players started performing. A club that has set up excellent football operations and scouting and is confident in them wouldn't care what the reaction of the fans would be. Because in the end it would be proven right. And as time goes by and this process is repeated there will be less grumbling, because the fans will also become confident in what the club is doing. We still have a long way to go in that department.

A lot of grumbling and "whaaat?" and "fudging penny-pinching Levy" in the beginning. But that would have dissipated once these players started performing. A club that has set up excellent football operations and scouting and is confident in them wouldn't care what the reaction of the fans would be. Because in the end it would be proven right. And as time goes by and this process is repeated there will be less grumbling, because the fans will also become confident in what the club is doing. We still have a long way to go in that department.

Except we did that and it didn't work.
Teams/squads full of championship players more often than not end up in the championship, not the champions league.

in hindsight, the Nuno appointment really really should be picked apart in greater detail. Sacking of Jose, leaving the search going on so long and then ending up with someone who parted ways at Wolves, a guy now managing in Saudi Arabia.

Truly, in a long line of terrible decisions by Levy, this one deserves far more criticism than it currently gets.

Back