• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
in hindsight, the Nuno appointment really really should be picked apart in greater detail. Sacking of Jose, leaving the search going on so long and then ending up with someone who parted ways at Wolves, a guy now managing in Saudi Arabia.

Truly, in a long line of terrible decisions by Levy, this one deserves far more criticism than it currently gets.

What's to pick apart? We couldn't get any of the managers we wanted as a priority and Nuno was available and willing to come in and be a sacrificial lamb

WHY? What's he ever achieved? Never built a squad, never improved a team.

And he's said he only wants to come to a team that can win things, which just means he wants dinner served, as he has no idea how to cook.

Pay cheque, glory hunting wannabe if you ask me. Definitely not what we need!

I thought the Barca team that won the CL in 2015 was better than Guardiola’s team. At least more direct and better to watch.

And he's said he only wants to come to a team that can win things, which just means he wants dinner served, as he has no idea how to cook
Sounds like a very subjective interpretation of some rubbish churned out in newsnow.

I’m not on the Enrique bandwagon btw (if there is one :D) but I don’t think we should dismiss him lightly.

We even have competition for being the biggest joke club in the league.

Dude we are not even close

- Chelsea was bought for £3.5B without a fudging ground, that btw needs redeveloping
- They spent more than our record fee for a players on managers this season
- £600M+ in players to be 11th
- Bring Lampard back for?
- An owner that goes into dressing room to shout at players?

We clearly have brick to sort, but as a circus, still some way to go.

Dude we are not even close

- Chelsea was bought for £3.5B without a fudging ground, that btw needs redeveloping
- They spent more than our record fee for a players on managers this season
- £600M+ in players to be 11th
- Bring Lampard back for?
- An owner that goes into dressing room to shout at players?

We clearly have brick to sort, but as a circus, still some way to go.
Yet I bet they win their next major trophy before we do.

Yet I bet they win their next major trophy before we do.

Snipes like these could suggest that for all the complaints about the club and the mistakes made over the years, literally the only thing that actually matters to you and others is just whether we win something or not - Chelsea are an absoloute basket case seemingly run by a clown but if they win a trophy that makes it ok? If Liecester get relegated that's ok as well because they won a couple of trophies?

Snipes like these could suggest that for all the complaints about the club and the mistakes made over the years, literally the only thing that actually matters to you and others is just whether we win something or not - Chelsea are an absoloute basket case seemingly run by a clown but if they win a trophy that makes it ok? If Liecester get relegated that's ok as well because they won a couple of trophies?

Yes. All I want is for MY football team to win trophies and and for me to enjoy that.

Don't care what Levy does generally...I only care what he's doing when he is messing up any chance of my team winning a trophy.

Yes. All I want is for MY football team to win trophies and and for me to enjoy that.

In fairness i think that generally sums up most people tbf - all the complaints people have relating to all manner of decisions and events over the last 20 years, that are currently built up to be far bigger issues than they actually are, would suddenly disappear if we win a couple of trophies over the next few years, which kinda highlights how superficial a lot of the criticism is.

In fairness i think that generally sums up most people tbf - all the complaints people have relating to all manner of decisions and events over the last 20 years that are currently built up to be far bigger issues than they actually are would suddenly disappear if we win a couple of trophies over the next few years, which kinda highlights how superficial a lot of the criticism is.

That's not superficial, that's the ultimate objective, to win something at the end of the season.
If you win the Caroboa cup, then next season your objective is to win something better, then win something better than that, then that then that. Till you've won the quadruple and gone all season unbeaten at the same time.
It's not superficial to win things.

Anything else is a failure really.
The criticism is not superficial.

Except we did that and it didn't work.
Teams/squads full of championship players more often than not end up in the championship, not the champions league.
The concept is not the issue, though. It's how well you apply it. As I said in my post, we would need a really good football and scouting department to pull it off. The reason we didn't is because we had neither.

That's not superficial, that's the ultimate objective, to win something at the end of the season.
If you win the Caroboa cup, then next season your objective is to win something better, then win something better than that, then that then that. Till you've won the quadruple and gone all season unbeaten at the same time.
It's not superficial to win things.

Anything else is a failure really.
The criticism is not superficial.

I didn't say it was superficial to win things

I didn't say it was superficial to win things
No I know you didn't...

My point is that the criticism of the failure to deliver trophies for 20 years is not what I would call superficial.
Levy would need to suddenly put in place a structure of continuous success on the pitch to avoid further criticism. As I said each success should be improved upon, the criticism won't stop with one trophy, it will buy him time from further criticism.
That's just business there needs to be continuous improvement.

Last edited:
No I know you didn't...

My point is that the criticism of the failure to deliver trophies for 20 years is not what I would call superficial.
Levy would need to suddenly put in place a structure of continuous success on the pitch to avoid further criticism. As I said each success should be improved upon, the criticism won't stop with one trophy, it will buy him time from further criticism.
That's just business there needs to be continuous improvement.

Again it's not the criticism of failing on the trophy front that i am calling superficial, I'm saying that is the only argument that matters and all the other things that get trotted out along the way are what is superficial as no one would be complaining about x y or z if it came with trophies, as evidenced by any response to people highlighting where otger clubs are equally bad (see Finneys, yeah but Chelsea/Leicester win trophies posts recently)

Again it's not the criticism of failing on the trophy front that i am calling superficial, I'm saying that is the only argument that matters and all the other things that get trotted out along the way are what is superficial as no one would be complaining about x y or z if it came with trophies, as evidenced by any response to people highlighting where otger clubs are equally bad (see Finneys, yeah but Chelsea/Leicester win trophies posts recently)

Since enic took over only chelsea, utd, city, liverpool, leicester and arsenal have won more trophies than us. Leicester would be the only one you would expect not to. Winning trophies these days is hard if you are not a very big club or have a sugar daddy. We've come close a few times though.

Since enic took over only chelsea, utd, city, liverpool, leicester and arsenal have won more trophies than us. Leicester would be the only one you would expect not to. Winning trophies these days is hard if you are not a very big club or have a sugar daddy. We've come close a few times though.
People talk about trophies as if we should all by rights get a turn.

I'd like to see the data on the percentage chance of any club winning anything outside of the mega-rich as I reckon the odds are tiny.

If I could have any of the candidates that have been linked during this process I’m still going for De Zerbi.

If Paratici wins his appeal(s) and we go into the Summer with the semblance of a stable functioning ship (Munn, Paratici et al) and we stomp up the £11m I don't think he is turning us down. Especially when you have got their impressive midfield pairing wanting out.

I think he is the surest bet to do something great here and we are just about big enough and ambitious enough for him to see the gig through.

Back