• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Name one manager Levy has sacked that the fan base as a collective disagreed with since Jol.

That's because, for all their claims of the contrary, most people get bored when nothing happens on the pitch. They read the papers, they watch TV, they hear all the background noise and they want something to talk about. It's sad but people having in-depth conversations on Internet forums are a minority. Most people, not just at Spurs, everywhere in the world, don't care about squad-building, long-term success or Kane's future at the club or whatever. They want to be entertained, they want their club to be in the news.

And nothing generates as much gossip as speculation about a new manager.

Need to keep the DoF model, keep Poch away from transfers and just let him coach which is his strength.

If that was to be the position it would need to be made very very clear to him before he took the job. Didn’t he get upset and complain about being “just the coach” last time?

Yes, the point I'm making is it can't grow stale and knackered, like he and his old team did, and he can't start expecting world class players, keep the youth coming through.

It didn't grow stale and knackered just because of poch though, a lot of that was on the club not signing anyone for three windows.

It didn't grow stale and knackered just because of poch though, a lot of that was on the club not signing anyone for three windows.
He could've bought youth from the championship, but he wanted ready made from the PL that we couldn't compete for money wise, so he sulked. That's on him.

That's because, for all their claims of the contrary, most people get bored when nothing happens on the pitch. They read the papers, they watch TV, they hear all the background noise and they want something to talk about. It's sad but people having in-depth conversations on Internet forums are a minority. Most people, not just at Spurs, everywhere in the world, don't care about squad-building, long-term success or Kane's future at the club or whatever. They want to be entertained, they want their club to be in the news.

And nothing generates as much gossip as speculation about a new manager.

I don't disagree, but I just think it's unfair to hold Levy to a standard that football fans as a whole don't follow.

They wanted Jol gone too, just not in that manner. A hell of a lot of noise about 'he's taken us as far as he can'.

Yep, that felt a little bit like Poch-light in the way it ended, but probably the most controversial sacking I think.

Mourinho is also mentioned a lot for being sacked on the eve of the Cup final. Strange timing for sure, but people talk in absolutes as if that's what caused us to lose that final, rather than the fact we played Emirates Marketing Project (who went on to win the league by 12 points.)

Nobody can force the manager/coach to play a specific player, we know that by now. Club signings.

Poch used club signings. Alli and Dier in particular. Even the crap ones like Fazio, Stambouli, Njie, Nkoudou played to the limit of their use (i.e. in rotation and until they could be upgraded upon).

Name one manager Levy has sacked that the fan base as a collective disagreed with since Jol.
Redknapp and Pochettino. Neither manager was getting calls to be sacked at the games. Neither was Conte either when I think of it, the fan noise was all on Levy not the manager, the chairman just pulled his usual trick of sacking the manager to try to divert the fans attention elsewhere again.

I suspect the same will happen somewhere between 3 to 18 months into the next manager's reign.

Last edited:
Really, a team with winks, Sissoko, Sanchez, moura et al only needed some youth from the championship?
To be fair you have deliberately missed out the half of the team who were extremely good :D

Anyway, I'm yet to see anything new added to the Poch debate since he got sacked in 2019! Probably won't change until we find another decent manager who gets us punching again - I wonder in how many years time that will be....

Really, a team with winks, Sissoko, Sanchez, moura et al only needed some youth from the championship?
No, a team where we bought the best of the Championship youth, rather than Sissoko, Sanchez, Moura, would have been far better IMO. Poch was at his best taking over a team where none of the players were his, getting rid of aging pros, and nurturing youth. When the youth become the older pros, you need the next lot of youth coming through - they should all be club buys. Poch was at his worse when he started saying I can't work with this, I want ready made, something that Conte has just been slated for.

To be fair you have deliberately missed out the half of the team who were extremely good :D

Anyway, I'm yet to see anything new added to the Poch debate since he got sacked in 2019! Probably won't change until we find another decent manager who gets us punching again - I wonder in how many years time that will be....

Agree, the same conversation with no one changing their mind.

Back to the topic, current rumours seem to be more Enrique or Kompany

No, a team where we bought the best of the Championship youth, rather than Sissoko, Sanchez, Moura, would have been far better IMO. Poch was at his best taking over a team where none of the players were his, getting rid of aging pros, and nurturing youth. When the youth become the older pros, you need the next lot of youth coming through - they should all be club buys. Poch was at his worse when he started saying I can't work with this, I want ready made, something that Conte has just been slated for.
He was more than happy (asking in fact) to have Grealish.

Back