• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Some BT journo reckons Kompany will be announced next week,

1/ Cant see him leaving until Burnley are confirmed Champions
2/ Not sold on him, although better than Stellini surely, but will be off once City hitch their skirt and show interest
Any manager at Spurs would be off the moment that City, Real Madrid or Barcelona hitched their skirt. However those clubs would only hitch their skirt if the manager has done a good job at Spurs. The only other alternative is to employ average managers who are unlikely to do well…. Actually maybe that explains the thought process behind Nuno?

Last edited:
I also want a manager who is really set on having a back 4 again.
I've really had enough of watching us play with back 5.
We've always been weaker defensively than in attack (historically) so why take away from our strength.

We still have conceded 45 this season so I don't see the point of the extra man in defence. Just work on drilling a back four and have more of a goal threat going forward.

I'm tired of watching us trying to be clever playing 5 at back.

I don't know about anyone else but I really tired and bored. I think I've developed Spurs-fatigue.
I’ve got no doubt we’ll go to a manager who plays a back 4 again…. Mainly because the club have just spent £40m on a right wing back.

Lots of rumour it’s going to be Kompany. Too soon for him. Should take Burnley up and see that through.

Would surprise me if we went for him. What do his teams play like?
I couldn’t believe it the first time I saw Kompanys Burnley. He has completely changed the way Burnley play football, it is not an easy thing to do in such a short space of time. They are easy on the eye and yes it’s in the Championship but many people in the game including Pep believe he is destined for greatness. I’d be happy to take the gamble on a relatively unproven guy like him, some say give him a couple of years to prove himself but like Championship players we could have gambled to sign by the time they are more established they can be out of our reach and so could Kompany be. I genuinely believe he would do well here and that the fans would get behind him which is extremely important here. I’d be happy with Slot but just as happy to go for Kompany…..

I couldn’t believe it the first time I saw Kompanys Burnley. He has completely changed the way Burnley play football, it is not an easy thing to do in such a short space of time. They are easy on the eye and yes it’s in the Championship but many people in the game including Pep believe he is destined for greatness. I’d be happy to take the gamble on a relatively unproven guy like him, some say give him a couple of years to prove himself but like Championship players we could have gambled to sign by the time they are more established they can be out of our reach and so could Kompany be. I genuinely believe he would do well here and that the fans would get behind him which is extremely important here. I’d be happy with Slot but just as happy to go for Kompany…..
We need a gamble at the moment and his knowledge of the Belgian league might get us a few bargains which we’ll need with us likely having a limited budget. The only problem I foresee is that with Levy’s trigger happiness, Kompany will only get 12 games or so if he doesn’t have us in the top 6 and close to 4th place, whereas he’ll likely need a lot longer to turn us into something that can compete.

haha! I'm not on Instagram (which I think thats from). Hopefully it can be read as a 'come and get me' message...

I think he has just been at some conference, so could just be regarding that.

I don't follow him, so don't know if he often posts things like this and just gets picked up after we lose.

I think he has just been at some conference, so could just be regarding that.

I don't follow him, so don't know if he often posts things like this and just gets picked up after we lose.

ok. Has to be tempting for Levy to call him - given the meltdown going on at the club, Levy would know that one phone call to him would help put a stop to it. It would get fans back onside and would give some hope about the future. Players would see it as a fresh start too.

The alternative for Levy is to wait another 6-8 weeks til domestic seasons finish and other managers' become available - both available from jobs as well as willing to talk about other roles (I cant believe Slot or Kompany would allow themselves to be distracted given how close we are to the end of the season). I hate to think how bad thigns could become over the next few weeks though given how the wheels have come off

Back