• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
He sacked himself because he was a coward and/or mentally couldn't take it anymore (I'll give him some leeway on the personal side due to the year he had)

He alienated the players and brought the club into disrepute, for most of us saying brick like that in public will get you fired. That isn't "daring" it's stupid and a desperate way to get himself out of a situation that proved he wasn't good enough when everything didn't go his way and when the league is competitive.
No, the chairman sacked him, just as he sacked Nuno, Mourinho, Pochetino, Sherwood, AVB, Redknapp, Ramos, Jol, Santini, Hoddle and Graham.

The club were in 4th place and a fighting chance of Levy’s clear target of the 4th place trophy when he was sacked, let’s see where we end up. I’ve already got a huge margin to hedge with by laying both Spurs top 4 and top 6 on the day that Levy sacked Conte and appointed Stellini. I suspect that margin will only grow as the season competes.

No, the chairman sacked him, just as he sacked Nuno, Mourinho, Pochetino, Sherwood, AVB, Redknapp, Ramos, Jol, Santini, Hoddle and Graham.

The club were in 4th place and a fighting chance of Levy’s clear target of the 4th place trophy when he was sacked, let’s see where we end up. I’ve already got a huge margin to hedge with by laying both Spurs top 4 and top 6 on the day that Levy sacked Conte and appointed Stellini. I suspect that margin will only grow as the season competes.

Disagree mate, Levy sacked all those others on his own call, Conte forced his hand and every journalist and ex player knew it the minute he did that rant.

Re 4th a version of Conte that wanted to be here could/should have got us there, but see point above. Now, we won't get it, and yes that's part of the decision made.

Personally I didn’t mind the rant as its how many of us feel about 60 years of mediocrity with just fleeting moments in cups now and again.

What we have achieved since 1961 is an absolute joke.

You may not, but clearly the players did, and it's bad management to let employees brick all over the club publicly (regardless of who thinks it's the truth)

And your last line highlights the issue between expectation and reality of our fans

- Tottenham is 141 years old with 17 major titles/trophies, that's an average of barely over 1 per decade
- We have won the league twice
- Basically outside of the 60's we haven't had a single great decade

At which point someone will jump in .. but, but the FA Cup (we were leading it), the gap between our FA Cup wins have been 20 years, 40 years, 13 years, long before current ownership.

So reality is ENIC is one trophy (or one and a half) behind the club average for it's 140 year existence, and has actually improved the facilities/profile/future of the club way beyond any previous owner and yet somehow are the worse owners we have ever had. This is an expectation issue, why do you think we should be doing better than United, Pool & Arsenal? and that's not even getting to money doping clubs.

Do I want Spurs to do well/better? (because every time I point this out, somehow I have no ambition), of course I do. Do I expect Spurs to be delivering regular trophies? nothing in our history suggests that is a realistic expectation.

You may not, but clearly the players did, and it's bad management to let employees brick all over the club publicly (regardless of who thinks it's the truth)

And your last line highlights the issue between expectation and reality of our fans

- Tottenham is 141 years old with 17 major titles/trophies, that's an average of barely over 1 per decade
- We have won the league twice
- Basically outside of the 60's we haven't had a single great decade

At which point someone will jump in .. but, but the FA Cup (we were leading it), the gap between our FA Cup wins have been 20 years, 40 years, 13 years, long before current ownership.

So reality is ENIC is one trophy (or one and a half) behind the club average for it's 140 year existence, and has actually improved the facilities/profile/future of the club way beyond any previous owner and yet somehow are the worse owners we have ever had. This is an expectation issue, why do you think we should be doing better than United, Pool & Arsenal? and that's not even getting to money doping clubs.

Do I want Spurs to do well/better? (because every time I point this out, somehow I have no ambition), of course I do. Do I expect Spurs to be delivering regular trophies? nothing in our history suggests that is a realistic expectation.

Yeah I don’t have a big gripe with the owners I am more concerned with the massive failings of past owners.

The owners during the title winning sides we had and why they failed to engineer more league title success, the owners after the bill nick era that let us flounder further still, the owners in the 80s that failed to turn very good sides into great ones that could win the league, then Sugar and his lack of any foresight to be clever in the market when he was so thrifty.

But my biggest gripe is with the owners that allowed woolwich to move on our doorstep. That forever changed the destiny of our club and massively restricted our potential.

They should never have allowed that to happen. By any means necessary it should have been prevented.

Yeah I don’t have a big gripe with the owners I am more concerned with the massive failings of past owners.

The owners during the title winning sides we had and why they failed to engineer more league title success, the owners after the bill nick era that let us flounder further still, the owners in the 80s that failed to turn very good sides into great ones that could win the league, then Sugar and his lack of any foresight to be clever in the market when he was so thrifty.

But my biggest gripe is with the owners that allowed woolwich to move on our doorstep. That forever changed the destiny of our club and massively restricted our potential.

They should never have allowed that to happen. By any means necessary it should have been prevented.

Yep, the reality of the "current situation" if there is such a thing is our previous failure to build the commercial side of the club to a point where we could have taken advantage of the start of PL/CL era and established ourselves.

We are probably in the best position in the club's history to push on but the league has never been more rigged and fans have lost all patience

No way Kompany would decline our advances, should we pursue him.

From his perspective, he’s going up but with a serious chance of being relegated the following season, purely based on history. He’s done his work at Burnley imo.

Not saying he’s the answer, just don’t see him rejecting us.

No way Kompany would decline our advances, should we pursue him.

From his perspective, he’s going up but with a serious chance of being relegated the following season, purely based on history. He’s done his work at Burnley imo.

Not saying he’s the answer, just don’t see him rejecting us.

Very few managers will, £13.5M reasons why

Basically it's the ones holding out for Chelsea/Madrid that will be rejecting/not committing right now.

Never met the guy ( never really wanted to) but i know he has a lot of followers, i just think he is more interested in getting hits ( and making money) then he truley is in supporting the team.
I don't know how he has a lot of followers, I can never make it past a couple of minutes of listening to him.

I don't know how he has a lot of followers, I can never make it past a couple of minutes of listening to him.
images

Very few managers will, £13.5M reasons why

Basically it's the ones holding out for Chelsea/Madrid that will be rejecting/not committing right now.

I don't think our financial model post stadium now is able to give managers time to build squads etc, so i don't think it's as simple as that.
The last manager to finish a whole season with us and be outside the top 4 and still keep his job was Poch and that was 8 years ago...

I don't think our financial model post stadium now is able to give managers time to build squads etc, so i don't think it's as simple as that.
The last manager to finish a whole season with us and be outside the top 4 and still keep his job was Poch and that was 8 years ago...

Poch left in 2019, so not quite 8 years ago (unless you are referencing when he started)

For basically any manager in Europe we will offer a big profile and a wage that will be multiples of their current wages (The guy who will win the Italian league is on €3.5M/yr, De Zerbi who I hope we don't get is on £1.5M/yr, Kompany ~£2M, even Potter & Nagelsmann earn significantly less than Jose or Conte did)

Managers don't care if they get fired, it was pretty obvious Potter would miss at Chelsea, £10M reasons why he took the job.

Poch left in 2019, so not quite 8 years ago (unless you are referencing when he started)

For basically any manager in Europe we will offer a big profile and a wage that will be multiples of their current wages (The guy who will win the Italian league is on €3.5M/yr, De Zerbi who I hope we don't get is on £1.5M/yr, Kompany ~£2M, even Potter & Nagelsmann earn significantly less than Jose or Conte did)

Managers don't care if they get fired, it was pretty obvious Potter would miss at Chelsea, £10M reasons why he took the job.

Yeah but Potter previously turned us down...as i say i don't think it's always as simple as 'we'll pay you oodles, so come and take the job'
I'm sure many might be happy to take less than Jose, Conte etc if the spending budget was as big as the other top clubs....and also having (more) control of transfer spending, policy etc

Perhaps our problem has been that coaches have come simply for the money alone?

Yeah but Potter previously turned us down...as i say i don't think it's always as simple as 'we'll pay you oodles, so come and take the job'
I'm sure many might be happy to take less than Jose, Conte etc if the spending budget was as big as the other top clubs....and also having (more) control of transfer spending, policy etc

Perhaps our problem has been that coaches have come simply for the money alone?

We have picked the wrong ones

Potter I'm not sure about, it's pitched as he turned us down, Chelsea paid £21M to get him, we had enquired the year before, think the ask at the time was closer to £30M, don't think we would ever have paid that for Brighton's coach.

At the end of the day, there are probably 4 clubs in the PL, 4 in Europe who a manager would take before us every day of the week. Thing is, very rarely is more than one or two open.

If you couldn't get one of the top jobs, you were going to get very well paid and looking at our recent budget, i.e. player in -> Romero, Bentancur, Bissouma, Richi, Porro, etc, it's not as bad a proposition as people are making out. Now should that be the criteria? as you said, probably not.

We have picked the wrong ones

Potter I'm not sure about, it's pitched as he turned us down, Chelsea paid £21M to get him, we had enquired the year before, think the ask at the time was closer to £30M, don't think we would ever have paid that for Brighton's coach.

At the end of the day, there are probably 4 clubs in the PL, 4 in Europe who a manager would take before us every day of the week. Thing is, very rarely is more than one or two open.

If you couldn't get one of the top jobs, you were going to get very well paid and looking at our recent budget, i.e. player in -> Romero, Bentancur, Bissouma, Richi, Porro, etc, it's not as bad a proposition as people are making out. Now should that be the criteria? as you said, probably not.

We indeed picked the wrong ones... i suspect our reputation may mean we will continue to until we hit another mid-table nadir...
Why join Spurs as coach if you're likely to a) be sacked if you finish outside of the top 4 (like Chelsea) and b) not have the same budget/reach as Chelsea?
May as well wait for Chelsea et al...this then leads to throwing a massive wad at the 'win now by any means necessary' but even then we don't do it fully..

I think you've misread his post mate.

'The last manager to finish a whole season with us and be outside the top 4 and still keep his job was Poch and that was 8 years ago'

I agree with that, however we live in a age of muppets on social media ( especially t w att er ) who are brain dead and believe everything they read or hear.

I agree with that, however we live in a age of muppets on social media ( especially t w att er ) who are brain dead and believe everything they read or hear.

Believe everything they want to hear, it's the self re-enforcement thing, we can all be guilty of it, but the less self aware people are, the more they go with it (we have a whole media model built to serve this function)

Back