• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
I wouldn't mind Kompany being in the list and getting an interview.

He seems to have turned both clubs he has managed around into competitive teams that play good football. Worth hearing what he has to say. Toure can feed through the youngsters to him.

I'm kind of going off Slot with all the talk of all out attack. I just worry that we just get hit on the break every time, would rather see some possession in there with attacking at the right time.

I'd completely forgotten that Toure is an academy coach, what a coach to have - must have immense respect from the juniors. I wonder if he wants to step up to a more senior role with the 1st team, not heard much about how he's doing.

Some BT journo reckons Kompany will be announced next week,

1/ Cant see him leaving until Burnley are confirmed Champions
2/ Not sold on him, although better than Stellini surely, but will be off once City hitch their skirt and show interest

2/ Not sold on him, although better than Stellini surely, but will be off once City hitch their skirt and show interest
The biggest thing is his lack of experience of managing in the PL. Far too early to talk about Kompany imho.

I wouldn't worry about the /2, City doesn't appoint junior managers (not that I think this is happening)

No managers coming into this pile of dogbrick ... dont know which players will be here next year, won't be in Europe, top striker sold .... excellent. Just great.
Only someone whose reputation has taken a hammering but whose belief in themselves remains steadfast.
Step forward Brendan Rodgers.
(Or Potter)

I also want a manager who is really set on having a back 4 again.
I've really had enough of watching us play with back 5.
We've always been weaker defensively than in attack (historically) so why take away from our strength.

We still have conceded 45 this season so I don't see the point of the extra man in defence. Just work on drilling a back four and have more of a goal threat going forward.

I'm tired of watching us trying to be clever playing 5 at back.

I don't know about anyone else but I really tired and bored. I think I've developed Spurs-fatigue.

I'd completely forgotten that Toure is an academy coach, what a coach to have - must have immense respect from the juniors. I wonder if he wants to step up to a more senior role with the 1st team, not heard much about how he's doing.
Respect is one thing , but is he actually any good ?

In fact other than us, how many of the top 6 in England still play with a back 3(or 5) at the moment?

I absolutely loathe this formation but I still think we could be successful with a back 3. The problem is we’re playing the most negative possible version of it. Counter-attack, out-numbered in central midfield, unable to play out from the back.

Bournemouth matched our formation yesterday and played very well. It’s less about the numbers (343) and more about the coaching.

Curious - do folks still feel going managerless until the summer is a good idea? I know there were some who did earlier, but interested to see if the mood has changed now it's clear what that means.

Curious - do folks still feel going managerless until the summer is a good idea? I know there were some who did earlier, but interested to see if the mood has changed now it's clear what that means.

We should announce the appointment now, even if its that they won't take over till the summer.

I'd also switch Mason and Stellini around, to give us a better bridge to the (possession/attacking) future

I think caretakers can work but when the caretakers it the sacked manager's assistant (and inextricably linked to the sacked manager, rather than being the former player of the club) its a really odd situation. In fact, hard to think of many comparable situations

Problem is that right at the business end of the season, getting a manager to leave a club would be hard

I also want a manager who is really set on having a back 4 again.
I've really had enough of watching us play with back 5.
We've always been weaker defensively than in attack (historically) so why take away from our strength.

We still have conceded 45 this season so I don't see the point of the extra man in defence. Just work on drilling a back four and have more of a goal threat going forward.

I'm tired of watching us trying to be clever playing 5 at back.

I don't know about anyone else but I really tired and bored. I think I've developed Spurs-fatigue.

It does help to stop watching them. I have, and while I still get annoyed come 5pm and I read GG for my comedy relief and take comfort in knowing I didn't waste 90 mins of my life

Back