• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
He was 4 seasons in Anderlecht and took them from 8th to 3rd and 4th. After he left, they're back in 8th again.

He knows how to defend, and have shown, with both Anderlecht and Burnley, that he can get teams to play attractive AND effective football.

He's not my first choice, but I'm warming to it. Always liked Kompany. Always came across as a sensible and likable person, and he has a proven winner mentality. He knows the league and seems to get the best out of every player.

Think we could do a lot worse than Kompany.

Right, fair enough - I'd completely forgotten about his time at Anderlecht actually. That definitely makes him a more viable option, but I'd still like to see how he goes for a couple more seasons. Probably puts him on a similar level of risk as Ange and Slot in terms of being successful outside the Premier League.

Are there no rumours of anyone these days? What about Nagelsmann? Didn't go to Chelsea afterall, surely we should snag him up? I mean, seeing as Poch seems to be off the table, sadly.

Are there no rumours of anyone these days? What about Nagelsmann? Didn't go to Chelsea afterall, surely we should snag him up? I mean, seeing as Poch seems to be off the table, sadly.

It's gone quiet, because everyone is waiting until the end of the season.

Lampard is only at Chelsea until the end of the season, if he lasts that long...

Slot is exactly the profile and personality we need
Loves attacking football
Young and dynamic
Would see the club as a step up that he could manage, so wouldn’t see us as beneath him
Would grow with the team

I've not seen anything I don't like about him - think he'd be a superb appointment and at a minimum get us playing good attacking football and developing younger players again.

Hopefully we've also learned how to keep things a little more under wraps following the pre-Nuno fiasco.
Although, if you think about it, it did allow us to dodge the Gattuso bullet thanks to the fan reaction (in part, at least). Imagine if fans had no idea and the first time they found out was when he was announced.

Although, if you think about it, it did allow us to dodge the Gattuso bullet thanks to the fan reaction (in part, at least). Imagine if fans had no idea and the first time they found out was when he was announced.

I still don’t believe that was anything more than a couple of discussions between Paratici and him and it suddenly turned into “he’s the next Spurs manager” in the press / on social media. It all happened within 2/3 days from memory - nothing moves that quickly in football.

Ok i like kompany. Not my choice as manager, but he comes over really well.

Imo he is in that group of managers I’d like to see how he does over the next 3 years at Burnley because I can imagine they will be the surprise package next season and perhaps get a top ten finish. But can he maintain that for a couple of years and then lets see how he does at a club like bvb for example.

Ancelotti suggested yesterday he is staying at Real Madrid.

If this is true then it should mean Poch returns to us.

And I think we must take him back if we can despite some of the attractions towards people like Slot because Kane may sign on if Poch returns.

I wouldn't mind Kompany being in the list and getting an interview.

He seems to have turned both clubs he has managed around into competitive teams that play good football. Worth hearing what he has to say. Toure can feed through the youngsters to him.

I'm kind of going off Slot with all the talk of all out attack. I just worry that we just get hit on the break every time, would rather see some possession in there with attacking at the right time.

Back