• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
I think the problem is all of our preferred managers are currently employed, so it’s unrealistic to expect anything before the end of the season. Slot and Ange have been involved in title races, Amorin seemingly a race at the top of the table and De Zerbi trying to get European football. Of course, others could be on the list.

If any of the out of work managers were our number 1 target it would probably have happened by now. I am well aware of the outrage that number 1 and 2 were not Poch and Nagelsmann.

Yes, I agree, though with Slot now having the title wrapped up, if he's our preferred choice it should be possible to move for him

I'd be gobsmacked if we don't know by now who our preferred choice is

Exactly this, if it is Slot and he wants to stay on till the end of the season as a sign of respect then we are best served to honour that. This idea we roll into dodge, lay the money down and take home the prize without their being any other circumstances is slightly naive. At the end of the day as long as they are here for the start of the Transfer window which is early June then all is good with the world. As players will be off on their holidays its not really essential for before then. Its probably also a better opportunity to not have players you don't want knocking about and get rid of them without any emotion of knowing too much about them (there are a few a new manager does not need to see).

Making an approach for Slot wouldnt be disrespectful at all in my view. No reason he couldnt stay there for the rest of the season - he just joins us at the end of the month

Yes, I agree, though with Slot now having the title wrapped up, if he's our preferred choice it should be possible to move for him

I'd be gobsmacked if we don't know by now who our preferred choice is

I’m sure they have an idea but it would be foolish to decide without going through a proper interview process, with multiple candidates. I don’t think that will be possible for a couple of more weeks. The DOF thing obviously complicates it even further, but hopefully it moves quickly from there.

I would have the week of the 19th of June as when something is confirmed.

Making an approach for Slot wouldnt be disrespectful at all in my view. No reason he couldnt stay there for the rest of the season - he just joins us at the end of the month

My point is out of his own respect for the club he might want to stay till the end of the season not it being disrespectful us approaching him.

I’m sure they have an idea but it would be foolish to decide without going through a proper interview process, with multiple candidates. I don’t think that will be possible for a couple of more weeks. The DOF thing obviously complicates it even further, but hopefully it moves quickly from there.

Setting aside the DoF complication, I'd be surprised if we hadnt sounded out our preferred choices via their representatives already. Not quite the same as speaking to the actual managers granted

My point is out of his own respect for the club he might want to stay till the end of the season not it being disrespectful us approaching him.

ok, I'm sure he would do. Things I've read/heard about Slot have mentioned that he's a decent person as well as manager so can't imagine he'd want and can't imagine he want to go before the end of the season either given he'd wrapped the title up. I'm sure all their players etc are expecting him to leave and probably wouldnt begrduge him it. I understand that their fans are expecting him to go to. Their last game is at home on the 28th - nice send off for him to wave goodbye

We need to pick a horse and ride it…. We either have a continuity policy and don’t give managers time because they’re brought in specifically because they suit the current players and recruitment and style of play strategy, or we lurch from one style to another but ensure that we either immediately get each manager a high number of new players or give them time to implement their philosophy slowly over several windows with it being fine if we struggle for a while.[/QUOTE]

You are joking about it ( not saying i disagree though) that will never happen as long as we have muppets on social media who start crying for a new manager etc. Where you been the last few seasons. ;)

Setting aside the DoF complication, I'd be surprised if we hadnt sounded out our preferred choices via their representatives already. Not quite the same as speaking to the actual managers granted

I agree, no point putting someone on your shortlist if they have absolutely no interest. But I don’t think it would be enough to form an opinion on your number one candidate.

I agree, no point putting someone on your shortlist if they have absolutely no interest. But I don’t think it would be enough to form an opinion on your number one candidate.

Yeh and I have no interest in this whole sack manager and have the next one come in the next day, ala Jose, if its not going to work. As I keep saying, with the new structure of which Munn is clearly having input already, its essential we get the manager within the vision of that structure and not look and be ruled by the clock or people being impatient

As the title says, lets get it right this time

Last edited:

Slot had a very similar situation in his last role where he made a decision to move at end of season and his then club responded by firing him immediately, so it's possible, especially with a title winning team he simply wants to avoid that drama.

If (big if), the season closes in Netherlands and we quickly announce Slot, we can assume we have been working on this for some time.

But at least that shows you there is another level in them. Just because Jose and Conte couldn't sustain it with their dull football, doesn't mean any new manager will have the same fate. Make it interesting for the players and the motivation will follow. Once you have done that, then you can get rid of those that are still not up to it.

A short snippet of a few match days does not prove a thing. If watched enough football to tell me everything I need to know about this lot. I like your optimism although I find it highly unrealistic if you think that these players will all of a sudden be motivated.

If they cannot sustain their professionalism and motivation with two serial winners then what do you think any other manager can do. The down tools and crumble far too easily and are not consistent.

There might also be new options come into play by June and July.

Ancelotti might be available tomorrow morning for a start

A short snippet of a few match days does not prove a thing. If watched enough football to tell me everything I need to know about this lot. I like your optimism although I find it highly unrealistic if you think that these players will all of a sudden be motivated.

If they cannot sustain their professionalism and motivation with two serial winners then what do you think any other manager can do. The down tools and crumble far too easily and are not consistent.
Motivation is only a part of the puzzle, actually ability and importantly suitability are just as if not more important and I think we are severely lacking in those two areas.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Better bloody be before the summer!! Next two weeks!

Assuming this journo rumour is correct, I hope that this would signify that he's our preferred choice. We shouldn't still doing the groundwork / due diligence c.50 days after sacking Conte
I'd guess that absolutely didley squat has been going on. Probably haven't even noticed the managers and DofFs offices are empty.:rolleyes:

Being that most of our targets for manager (and DofF) are in jobs I'm guessing it's only polite to keep things under wraps and be as stealth like as possible until their and their respective clubs seasons have finished.

Reverse the situation and imagine if we had story after story about our manager being sounded out before the seasons business had finished.

I hope you're being lighthearted as the picture of the corner flag and 'club statement' news feed is the only one worth consuming.

But at least that shows you there is another level in them. Just because Jose and Conte couldn't sustain it with their dull football, doesn't mean any new manager will have the same fate. Make it interesting for the players and the motivation will follow. Once you have done that, then you can get rid of those that are still not up to it.
Plus we are yet to see the true ability/worth of the 2/3 that signed last summer (due to the brick show of a season)...add to that Porro, then udogie. That's before you add on this Summers signings. That's 7/8 players yet to succumb to the Tottenham curse:)

I'd guess that absolutely didley squat has been going on. Probably haven't even noticed the managers and DofFs offices are empty.:rolleyes:

Being that most of our targets for manager (and DofF) are in jobs I'm guessing it's only polite to keep things under wraps and be as stealth like as possible until their and their respective clubs seasons have finished.

Reverse the situation and imagine if we had story after story about our manager being sounded out before the seasons business had finished.

I hope you're being lighthearted as the picture of the corner flag and 'club statement' news feed is the only one worth consuming.

I don't know how to use the like button ;)

And therein lies a big part of the problem. These managers were not the right fit. They did not give out vibes that they wanted to be here or that they were all-in on the project/club. Players sense that and the reaction is usually not a positive one. Bring in a manager that puts an arm around them, considers it an honor to be managing Spurs, lays down a plan to move the team forward by improving the players and playing to their strengths rather than simply buying new ones (which will have to be done too, obviously), and you just might be surprised what the response is.

And therein lies a big part of the problem. These managers were not the right fit. They did not give out vibes that they wanted to be here or that they were all-in on the project/club. Players sense that and the reaction is usually not a positive one. Bring in a manager that puts an arm around them, considers it an honor to be managing Spurs, lays down a plan to move the team forward by improving the players and playing to their strengths rather than buying new ones, and you just might be surprised what the response is.
Jol when he joined talked about the history of the club… he was a kinda fan
Poch when he joined talked about the fans and the history
Both spoke with pride and no arrogance

conte and Jose talked about themselves and what the6 had done… we were lucky to have them

it’s why they were far from loveable and very much the wrong fit

Back