• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
2/3 players will improve the starting XI but squad will still be weak.
Again I disagree
The depth was there but so under used it meant when called on they had no momentum

that’s poor planning and management

teams win titles and cups with fringe players having big roles

but it’s all about opinions

If we had dropped Hugo earlier we would be 4th now IMO. We didn’t because we didn’t trust the back up… that’s daft

Last edited:
Not really
A good manager will adapt to the players he has
A brick manager will use it as an excuse and cut off their own nose…

Err what you cannot polish a turd... what a silly comment so by default there are no good managers out there as many have sold players that are not good enough ... by your rationale the next manager needs no new personnel he should make this current crop and excel if he is any good ... dont even know why I replied.

I'm sure I'll get one back, you seem to jump on every post going ... do you do much outside this forum ? You must be one hell of a multi tasker ..

There are calls here to 'spend the club's entire CL windfall on a new contract for Slot'. Yesterday, Slot emphasized that he 'still has a two-year contract', but more as a mantra than as a commitment of any kind. Feyenoord is making the obvious noises in the wake of an unexpected title success, but they seem resigned to losing him this summer.

Hopefully thats right. Can see the media reports otherwise:

- Poch poached by our rivals
- Nagelsmann turned us down
- Slot turned us down

...reminiscent of the Nuno appointment. I'd like to think we get the DoF and Slot wrapped up by end of our season

No it’s a both
A good coach will develop and grow players
Poch did that
But maintaining that is the hard part
That’s where refreshes comes in…

a coach can only do so much, there are no bad players in professional football, mostly, yes you have outliers, the Messi's, Bale's, Lamela's, and the opposite end, the Henderson's, Noble's, etc

the rest are can be differentiated by how hard they work, personal professionalism should maintain it

a coach can only do so much, there are no bad players in professional football, mostly, yes you have outliers, the Messi's, Bale's, Lamela's, and the opposite end, the Henderson's, Noble's, etc

the rest are can be differentiated by how hard they work, personal professionalism should maintain it

Lamela!

Err what you cannot polish a turd... what a silly comment so by default there are no good managers out there as many have sold players that are not good enough ... by your rationale the next manager needs no new personnel he should make this current crop and excel if he is any good ... dont even know why I replied.

I'm sure I'll get one back, you seem to jump on every post going ... do you do much outside this forum ? You must be one hell of a multi tasker ..
No
The next manager has to accept that he can’t change every player in one go so he must use who he has and maximise what he has
You can set me up ignore if you want
I’ve done that with a few people
I spend time on him if I’m bored on calls for example
I can multi task
But I do spend too long with my phone in hand

Again I disagree
The depth was there but so under used it meant when called on they had no momentum

that’s poor planning and management

teams win titles and cups with fringe players having big roles

but it’s all about opinions

If we had dropped Hugo earlier we would be 4th now IMO. We didn’t because we didn’t trust the back up… that’s

If we play 4 at back our only fullbacks are Royal and Davies, with 3 Porro, Sessegnon/Udogie as wingbacks and Regulion and Spence as cover and at centrebacks Romero and new player leaves Dier, Sanchez, Tantanga, Lenglet? all have been slaughtered on here. 3 in midfield Bentacourt, Skipp/Bissouma and new player with Hobjberg, Sarr, Kulusevski, Devine as cover. 3 up front Kane? Son, Richarlson? With Danjuma? Scarlett and Parrott?

Looks good on paper but too many are untried or have been below par when used, I would love to be wrong but there would have to be a massive improvement on so many of them.

I get the players/team were handicapped by system agrument but have to question their attitude, I rarely saw any fight or disappointment from them in their displays this season at home.

Would is a ‘strong’ and untrue statement. AZ were joint top with Ajax with 9 games to go. They could’ve won the title but remember underdogs often tend to fade away at the business end of the season as Arsenal are showing in the PL at the moment.

and Nuno…. And Stellini….

It’s 100% clear that the chairman doesn’t give the manager time at Spurs, surely you don’t disagree with that?
However, Feyenoord didn't fade away at all. They have won their last 12 matches in the league after drawing with PSV in early February. Their last loss was in mid September. Could have been the same with AZ.

There's making Sanchez a world class CB with the ball at his feet, which we would all agree is trying to polish a turd. And then there's putting round pegs in round holes. Or in other words, playing Sonny higher up the pitch facing the goal, giving Bissouma license to roam with a couple of capable CMs around him, not playing Royal as a WB, etc. That's not polishing a turd; it's playing players to capitalize on their strengths. Something that hasn't been done in a while now.

Hopefully thats right. Can see the media reports otherwise:

- Poch poached by our rivals
- Nagelsmann turned us down
- Slot turned us down

...reminiscent of the Nuno appointment. I'd like to think we get the DoF and Slot wrapped up by end of our season
Oh come on…. It’s only fair that Danny boy gives the candidates at least a couple of months to work on their PowerPoint presentations.

However, Feyenoord didn't fade away at all. They have won their last 12 matches in the league after drawing with PSV in early February. Their last loss was in mid September. Could have been the same with AZ.
Yep…. Just as Leicester didn’t fade. It doesn’t automatically mean that AZ wouldn’t have though. I was simply disputing Bedford’s claim that AZ would’ve won the league. They may have or they may not have.

Back